Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

EddieBeds

VIP Member
Can I jump on the virtual love train ninnies, albeit a bit late. I’m not a runner but really liking the idea of just running a long fucking way away right now.

A tsunami of shit is being rained down on me and the system in place to assist/help etc is set up to fail me and my kids. So devastated and broken. I don’t want to 🍉 but urgh.

Remembering I have a pocket full of ninnies with me while clinging onto any shred of hope I can.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
PIP update - the dreaded letter arrived. I expected to have to challenge the decision, but the award has been increased 😱. I am very relieved.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Although I don’t have NYE plans, I have PLANS for 2024, which are just to meet this lovely woman I’ve got a long-distance thing going on with. We’ve been talking about it, and one way or another we can make it happen to actually meet… then see how we are in real life, and take it from there!

I really like her, as much as you can fall for someone without meeting yet in person.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

skronkywildcat

VIP Member
I really could do with a bit of love if there’s any going. My poor old mum (who has terminal cancer - we only found out this autumn) seems to have got an infection and is really delirious - her carer is taking her into hospital in an ambulance as we speak and I’m heading home tomorrow. I just want to see her. She seemed ok, if a bit more quiet than usual, at Christmas.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 30

EddieBeds

VIP Member
We’re here ❤. Vent all you want. Sorry you are putting up with all this shit. Again, I had something to say about this forum the other day (linked to Jenny 😞) but my phone hates tattle at the moment so posts can’t be really long and I’ve just ranted on another thread so It’s about to implode.
Sending you panda love xxxx
Thank you dear heart 💕.

My personal safety has been compromised as a result of the ‘system’ which is so flippant. The safety of my children has been disregarded and in the process a lot of disgusting victim blaming towards us. Evidence shows I am telling the truth yet no consequences/accountability for the evidenced lies that compromise physical and emotional safety.

I now have to sit and wait for the inevitable to happen again with my children (whose voices were ignored) to start the process all over again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29

Falkor

VIP Member
Happy new year, lovelies :) We conked out about 9.30pm after a lot of tearful reminiscing about this time last year when I was in hospital and thinking how different 2023 could have been for Mr F if the NHS hadn't been so amazing. Onwards and upwards in 2024.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

nothanksbabes

VIP Member
I'm in a horrible little Caffè Nero in the wettest city in Britain, an hour early for my train home to see my parents, who honestly sounded like they were about to keel over last time I spoke to them. Christmas in my sister's tiny house, which will have too many kids and not enough booze. Grateful though that we've all made it another year. I'm sure it was Christmas 30 seconds ago.

Meanwhile my sort-of Old Harold (it's relatively new, but the man is keen) is on his family's farm in Ireland, sitting by a wood burning stove, covered in dogs and cats and waiting for the appropriate time to crack out the home brew and cheese. He is truly living my dream existence.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

MurielSnark

VIP Member
Oh my shepherds, Harolds and what my not. What a bloody shitty night. I can’t even call my choco George Michael. I’ve done that shout thing. I’m just not really allowed it. I do know the number for the Samaritans but if old Harold hears me I’ll be out on my ear. I didn’t know where else to turn. I’ve got work within ooh 5 hours. Fuck this shit, honestly.
---
Are there any frauen?
I hope you are okay @freya. To echo what others have said, please let us know if we can help in any way.

Not to go into too much detail but I haven't seen or spoken to my siblings in a couple of years. Reasons are complicated. I've been very isolated for the last while and it's not good for me but I also haven't been in a space to do anything about it. Anyway, my brother just showed up at my flat this morning and we went for a coffee and it was very good. He was gentle and unjudgmental and things will get better now, I am hopeful. So.... there is always a way through, I guess....

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Lazarus

VIP Member
Happy new year, Fraus.
I hope it’s a good one for you all.

We started the day with a walk to the beach and back again. Seen lots of lovely pooches including a lovely gentle Great Dane.
Came back and had brunch (I made sweetcorn pancakes, avocado, fake bacon and sour cream. It was 👌🏼)
I’m roasting some bottom of the fridge green veg with garlic and thyme and will blitz it into a pasta sauce for later.

wishing you all well xxx

pic: one of the (many) Anthony Gormley iron men.
IMG_8590.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Lazarus

VIP Member
🚨🚨🚨🚨BOTH BINS HAVE NOW BEEN EMPTIED. GOD BLESS MR LAZ WHO CLEARLY KNEW SOMETHING THIS MORNING🚨🚨🚨🚨

• Haha
  • Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
19 days left of my contract. 19 days. I cannot describe the deep dread I have in the pit of my stomach thinking about going in tomorrow.

If it were just notes like a normal edit, fine, but I have to talk to these incompetent bell ends tomorrow and defend my decision to NOT put things they want into the show because I know they will make it worse. Honestly I'd rather launch myself into the sun. It's such a waste of everyone's time. I'm going to insist my editor be on the call too so I'm not railroaded into it. Eurgh. Just so fed up but I have to keep reminding myself, 19 days!

• Heart
  • Sad

Falkor

VIP Member
Just getting ready for the incoming guests and this was all green three hours ago!

1703339186723.png

I'm just hoping they get here okay, the police shut the snow gates on the A9 between us and Inverness 45 minutes ago and the other two single track routes are impassable if you're not in a 4x4. If they got past Helmsdale before 1pm they'll be okay, if not they're probably stuck there until it starts to warm up about 9pm tonight :( I'm hoping the stuck car with tourists in it that a friend of mine has just passed on one of the other routes isn't them...

• Wow
  • Sad

zetta buttons

VIP Member
Mrs T has just been out to walk the dog (by walk we mean mooch and sniff) and she’s stepped on a giant piece of glass. It’s gone through the shoe into her foot. I’ve stopped the bleeding and cleaned it up. 111 say no need for tetanus unless it gets angry. I’m glad it wasn’t the pooch otherwise it would have been an emergency vet trip 😩. She’s ok but I’m on foot watch.

Dog is back snoring.

Hope everyone has left Santa prints out. I’m about to go to bed.

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

chizontiz

Chatty Member
Chiz/TizCat is home! Thank you lovely fraus and ninnies for being so kind.

He’s had a rough time of it bless him. They had to drain fluid from both his lungs and his heart, and has been sent home with medicine to help continue with this. They know it’s heart disease, but he’ll need a proper heart scan to assess what kind, what the damage is, and the impact it will have on his life. I hope it isn’t something he’s been sat in pain with for ages and I’ve been missing the signs 😭.

So for now it’s just a case of keep a close eye and take things as they come. He’s sleeping all tucked up and tuckered out under my jumper now 🧡 and he’s been eating, drinking and using his litterbox okay, and was as chatty as usual about telling me he needed to/was using/has used said litterbox (legit every time that boy does a poo he will scream at me until I flush it for him) so I guess he’s starting to feel more like his usual precious, pampered self!

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I’ve not posted here much recently but had to pop in and wish the best group of ninnies a Merry Christmas for tomorrow ❤

• Heart