Food and Drink #48

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Arr Macbeth blew me away (for those who said report back). Outstanding. Such an original way of doing it too. To make the tomorrow and tomorrow speech sound like the 1st time you've ever heard it - that's a gift. I wasn't mad about him briefly taking his shirt off either.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
just realised I've not even eaten, let alone posted here, a nightsnack in weeks

but I've just been consoling myself with these now that layton wuz robbed! 😡

lidl, of course 👍

IMG_20231217_004703.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Omg, sheep in head wreaths. I feel like I have a form of dementia: what are they called? It's not halo. AAAARRRRGH.

Anyway, the sheep in head wreaths really call to my heart, and I will be copying with full credit for pony photos for family.

I have just been on a laughing liking hearting spree from pages 47-51 of the last thread. My ponderations are that this disparate group could run things pretty soundly in a zombie apocalypse.

But may I tell you about the recent mini hurricane aftermath I witnessed? It was a 300 metre wide path of destruction in an actual straight line from X to Z, through new suburbs and older periurban farmlets/acreage, and its duration was (I'm told) 20 minutes.

Hail the size of between marbles and golf balls pelted the parched land*

* forgive me, I was in exaggerational tall tale mode: the land wasn't parched, just quite dry heh

For real, in the newly built suburb a roof was torn off, new builds had hundreds of boxes/polystyrene packaging blown half a kilometre into a periurban paddock and dam, trees were uprooted, stables blown asunder. Proper chaos, EXCEPT THAT on either side of the storm's width, nothing was damaged and no hail fell. Any meteorologists here?

I wasn't in it; drove through the next morning, agape.

Agape is my new favourite word, btw.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Sydney has the weirdest weather, I got caught in a lightning storm flying there once, I also had the worst earache. The next day I went up to the top of Centrepoint Tower and my ear popped.
Omg, sheep in head wreaths. I feel like I have a form of dementia: what are they called? It's not halo. AAAARRRRGH.

Anyway, the sheep in head wreaths really call to my heart, and I will be copying with full credit for pony photos for family.

I have just been on a laughing liking hearting spree from pages 47-51 of the last thread. My ponderations are that this disparate group could run things pretty soundly in a zombie apocalypse.

But may I tell you about the recent mini hurricane aftermath I witnessed? It was a 300 metre wide path of destruction in an actual straight line from X to Z, through new suburbs and older periurban farmlets/acreage, and its duration was (I'm told) 20 minutes.

Hail the size of between marbles and golf balls pelted the parched land*

* forgive me, I was in exaggerational tall tale mode: the land wasn't parched, just quite dry heh

For real, in the newly built suburb a roof was torn off, new builds had hundreds of boxes/polystyrene packaging blown half a kilometre into a periurban paddock and dam, trees were uprooted, stables blown asunder. Proper chaos, EXCEPT THAT on either side of the storm's width, nothing was damaged and no hail fell. Any meteorologists here?

I wasn't in it; drove through the next morning, agape.

Agape is my new favourite word, btw.
Is Laurel wreath what you're thinking of re sheep headgear?

• Heart
Sydney has the weirdest weather, I got caught in a lightning storm flying there once, I also had the worst earache. The next day I went up to the top of Centrepoint Tower and my ear popped.

Is Laurel wreath what you're thinking of re sheep headgear?
Laurel wreath certainly returns me to some normality. Thank you.

Work this weekend was so filled with whackos; I'm clearly reduced in mental capacity.

WAIT! I was seeking the word, "crown"! OMG.

Christmas crowns!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Laurel wreath certainly returns me to some normality. Thank you.

Work this weekend was so filled with whackos; I'm clearly reduced in mental capacity
I'm sure I only knew that because I have a cousin called Laurel. Ha.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Thinking of Laurens made me remember this song.
Has there ever been a been a better collaboration than Aretha Franklin and Lauryn Hill?!

• Heart
  • Wow
Laurens are everywhere! There were so many Sharons when I was in school. Shazzys were a dime a dozen.
I miss the Denises. Denice as a name gets worse with repetition.

I never meet Lauras anymore. Or Kylie Duncan or Melissa. Oh, wait.

Sounds like a Beautiful South song.

Off to bed, to no doubt dream of the horrors of high school disempowerment. See you later x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
If anyone fancies a giggle (it’s Sunday morning and I’m acting like a teen), go to Nigel Slater’s latest Instagram post.

Blushing doesn’t cover it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.