Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I'm 50 in February next year? Suggestions or what did you do?
Asking now as I'll have to book up.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
@mchops It totally depends on a). what you want to do and b). your budget.

I think huge parties can be very stressful for the organiser so I'd suggest a small group thing of your closest pals or if you do have loads of mates you just take over a pub for the night so you don't have to book a venue or clean up afterwards.

If you want to do something just by yourself - walk a bit of the coast path or go out for a once-in-a-lifetime meal at a three michelin starred restaurant that is also very valid.

You could get your family together in a big airbnb (would be hellish for me).

You could go on a holiday if you want or stump up for glamping at a music festival.

I don't know MChops - what do YOU want to do?

Reactions: 15
Have a joint, go to bed.
50 seems to be some arbitrary age to ' do something'
I've done a lot. Not sure I'd fancy anything unless it was wonderful.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Hard to decide, mchops. Have you any ideas? Is a party your cuppa tea? A holiday, a spa getaway?

One of my siblings went to Dubai with their partner and kids, another to Edinburgh with a large group of female family members and friends and rented a large house. Both don’t appeal to me. I’ve still over 6 years to wait for mine and I’ll maybe go a nice holiday with Mr Laz. His is sooner than mine and his idea of hell is a party so I’m contemplating a trip to Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans if I can afford it.

• Heart
So I'm 50 in February next year? Suggestions or what did you do?
Asking now as I'll have to book up.
I had a big birthday a year or two ago. Because I was broke, not very well and not seeing many people, I had a very low key day. One of my oldest friends travelled up to see me and we spent a day at a Turkish baths in London and had a cream tea afterwards. It was fun and connecting and just special enough to mark the birthday.

When I am financially stable again and hopefully in better health, I plan to celebrate a belated birthday with a small group of family at a restaurant I've had on my bucket list for years.

• Heart
A party would be my biggest nightmare. I've only got 2 much older brothers , so that won't happen.
My daughter is 21 two days after my 50th, perhaps I can take her to where she was conceived. Excellent world cup Japan. Not great marriage.
I've got no bucket list is my problem. I could spend , but I'd have to justify it. Unlikely unless it is special . Hence the inquiry

• Heart
Reactions: 14
A party would be my biggest nightmare. I've only got 2 much older brothers , so that won't happen.
My daughter is 21 two days after my 50th, perhaps I can take her to where she was conceived. Excellent world cup Japan. Not great marriage.
I've got no bucket list is my problem. I could spend , but I'd have to justify it. Unlikely unless it is special . Hence the inquiry
Celebrating your 50th and your daughter's 21st together could be amazing if you were both okay with it. A mother-daughter trip somewhere could be really fun and a memorable thing to do.

@Lazarus I did a Smoky Mountains, Nashville, Memphis, Natchez Trace Parkway, New Orleans road trip for my 30th and it was amazing.

• Heart
  • Wow
Celebrating your 50th and your daughter's 21st together could be amazing if you were both okay with it. A mother-daughter trip somewhere could be really fun and a memorable thing to do.
Mchops is a bloke, though.
I had a tea party for my 50th, I really wanted to do a cruise full of heavy bands (70,000 tonnes of metal) but we couldn't afford it.
Still had a fun day with mates though.

• Heart
I don't know if this is shocking info, but I'm male. Dad - daughter trip is still fun.
She's at uni though, training to be a paramedic. I want something on the day.

• Heart
Thank you, I don't think I've had motilium. I get nausea due to complications from previous surgery. I had a bowel resection that caused adhesions which in turn causes nausea and pain.
I've also had an almost full hysterectomy (oophorectomy I think it's called) and gall bladder out so there's a lot of damage in there.
I have some interesting scars on my abdomen!
I’m so sorry to hear that. I have one very large gallstone but I’ve still got my gallbladder for now. It sounds like you’ve been through a heck of a lot. I hope these cats cheer you up, as it still won’t let me
Post my real ones!
IMG_0987.jpeg

---
Hard to decide, mchops. Have you any ideas? Is a party your cuppa tea? A holiday, a spa getaway?

One of my siblings went to Dubai with their partner and kids, another to Edinburgh with a large group of female family members and friends and rented a large house. Both don’t appeal to me. I’ve still over 6 years to wait for mine and I’ll maybe go a nice holiday with Mr Laz. His is sooner than mine and his idea of hell is a party so I’m contemplating a trip to Nashville, Memphis and New Orleans if I can afford it.
That sounds amazing! I don’t fancy Dubai either. Let me know if you want hangers on 🤣
---
Edibles, amazing art exhibition or cool museum?
I almost took one of my children on holiday to the place of their conception then I figured it might just be a bit gross for them and then it was just uncomfortable to even think about going there!

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Take your daughter to Amsterdam for a long weekend. There’s loads to do, and legal weed.

• Heart
Take your daughter to Amsterdam for a long weekend. There’s loads to do, and legal weed.
As a smoker the ban on tobacco indoors has diminished my enjoyment of legal weed. I used to get the national express coach to Amsterdam from London Victoria. Go at 8pm, in the dam 8am . Coach stopped and emptied in amstel I think .

Oh I have an Amsterdam fact for facturday. Did you know in Amsterdam you can legally sell baked goods containing cannabis but not drinks.

I googled this because my son came up with the idea of cannabis bubble tea. (Turns out it already exists in California so we can’t make our fortunes with it).

• Wow
I don't know if this is shocking info, but I'm male. Dad - daughter trip is still fun.
She's at uni though, training to be a paramedic. I want something on the day.
Sorry dear heart. Not controversial at all, I just, for no reason, assumed you were a frau.

Reactions: 9
I was coming here to post about spring onion flavour crisps but now I'm invested in holidays for big birthdays

next year me and mr kcc are 40/50 respectively and I'm determined to have a good holiday in spring, between our birthdays

anyone got any good ideas for a special trip on a budget?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I have no ideas, as soon as my mental health is better and I earn more I want to travel SO much.

It might not be for a while, but one day, it will be real. I want to go to so many places, Arizona, Berlin, Pacific islands, South America (this is where the woman I’ve been chatting/flirting with is from). I’ve not even been to Wales wtf?!

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.