Food and Drink #46 Sponsored by Primula

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think processed cheese is ok if it's from a country with good food hygiene standards. We get people trying to bring in home cooked fish, plant materials for making tea and all sorts of tit.
Things like English black pudding can be imported, just not one that's been made by some dude at home.
---

Brother wanna thank your mother for a butt like that!
Can I get some friesssss with that shake-shake booty🎶
I was watching that airport security show from.australia and couldn't believe how many people were trying to bring in suitcases full of fresh meat from.abroad!

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
So after several upsetting texts saying the fire brigade could bin my stuff, and phoning them and not getting through they turned up. They ignored the sign on the door (covid 19 high risk new poster) demanding I opened it. They need to ‘see’ me face to face. They were, I was told 10am here for main corridor only. But they demanded access. I refused. They began yelling. I managed to get someone here, literally rang and said ‘help me’. Mostly it changed then. Except after lying they wouldn’t take anything ‘were safe can be trusted’ etc etc landlord demanded I let them take stuff, no one did a thing to stop him, I was screaming through door about lying. They still tried to steal some stuff but the person I rang stopped them. They were trying to insist on coming in. Despite me saying no. Eventually they pissed off. I’ve four weeks. Because I’m so distressed, to get help. The only ‘help’ is forced entry by landlord with social work students to remove everything I own. Fire brigade kept saying ‘it’s not us we don’t do that’ like that made them trustworthy. It doesn’t.

Anyway, I’ve ended up with contact from ALL emergency services today. It’s been horrific. Still can’t rest, I try but everytime I hear something or one I think it’s them. They didn’t ring the bell just crept in and hammered on my door. I’m so grateful I barricaded it before they got here, they had my key to force entry. After they left I spoke to the person I called to help who was shocked. Landlord demanding I speak to them tomorrow. I won’t. I can’t. I beyond my limit here. The person who came got my meds and the pharmacy were really really worried after the other day (meltdown in shop).

Landlord doesn’t live here. Don’t know if this will be spoilery too I hope so. It can’t be state of house, there’s rats in the garden they tried to blame on me (instead of the dogs mess from my neighbours dog (not allowed in building but they have one anyway) and food that’s been chucked towards the bins by upstairs and missed, anyway, there’s almost an inch from the bottom of the door to the floor. In winter it’s literally freezing.

I’ve posted so people know. Nothing more is expected so don’t worry.
---

Didn’t log me out. Is that cos I’m special and a VIP now (thanks to here/Ingham thread)? Or was that when I was being checked to see human or not??
Hi Becca

Hope you're okay today and have had some time to rest and process everything that's happened over the last while.

It sounds like you were successful in standing your ground to prevent the removal of your stuff, however imperfectly. So you can acknowledge yourself for this.

And now you've achieved a reprieve for four weeks, so how will you use that time?

If I were you, I'd start by asking for a written confirmation that nobody will attempt to visit you at home until that agreed date. And to ask for a copy of your tenancy agreement (you said you don't have it anymore).

I think you should seek expert help too. Get a GP appointment and put it in your health record that you are finding this housing situation distressing and give them evidence of its impact on your health. Get advice from Shelter -- they have a legal team who can help you with discussions with your landlords. Even a legal letter written to your landlords on your behalf might be helpful.

Ultimately, this four weeks is a good time to reflect on what YOU want and need. Because it sounds like this housing situation is not great for you, in terms of your longer health and wellbeing. So, take this opportunity to get your thoughts organised, reach out to experts, build links with neighbours and friends etc.

I know it's really tough.

I'm in temporary accommodation and it's awful. Haven't had a cooker for five years, can't open windows, flats infested with pests continuously, carpets rotten. It costs a fortune too. My council landlords harassed me about outstanding rent for ages which I couldn't understand because rent was paid and I had the records -- they drove me into absolute meltdown. Eventually, with the patient and hard work of an advocate, it was all unpicked and the council admitted they were wrong. But they've been trying to evict me over it.

Yesterday, I got another email from someone new asking me, again, to pay the outstanding rent. I mean.... it's just nonsense and now I have to prove all over again that there's nothing owing. It's just relentless and makes me ill with anxiety.

So you have all my sympathy. As much as these people are "just doing their jobs", it's the broken systems behind it all that grind us into the dust.

Keep your chin up, your backbone straight, and know that you can get through this, with some support. xx

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Big fan of Firemite! Goes well with good cheese or even in a beef and tomato pot noodle. I limit how often I buy it because I get through a jar so quickly.

Happy Friday people. May it be a joy to all.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you for the reply. I cannot see GP, cost availability of advocate and them insisting I can only see one Dr is why. The distress is recorded due to being in crisis and services that have been involved. They demanded I let them in this coming Monday to discuss, so I’m not being left for four weeks. I must engage twice a week at least. They’ve no idea regarding lack of support. Nor how distressing this all is for me.

There was a meeting this morning and again I had landlord trying to stop me on street, however, I’m so unwell me saying “don’t, I can’t” meant they backed off. I’m sure being on the street crying was a big reason why - they’re big into charity for those they class as ‘deserving’ and, shouting at me last week did end up on FB I found out today and they do not come off well. It’s been deleted though (having an admin account from when FB had less than 100 members helps with stuff like that even though I don’t work for them anymore!

I’ve no plan. Literally trying to get through minute by minute, narrowly missed another police welfare check as pharmacy are extremely concerned. It doesn’t help that landlord is saying my advocate is a lying tit and the advocate is saying the landlord is lying...

Anyway, I’m going to try and celebrate harvest/thanksgiving monda, nowhere near what it sounds like - a couple of nice films, some nice food - yesterday moving some things I found some old Tesco vouchers most as still valid, it’s not a lot but something and prayer. Advocate/others that have been trying to help this past week are ALL away next week.

I’m so very sorry about your situation. Thank you for taking the time to reply to me and be kind. It meant a lot anyway, more so knowing you too are struggling. Take care.

As you were folks!!
---
Badger website won’t open, sadly, apparently I need to update my device.

But I will look at pics anyway via google! 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Does anybody have any experience in applying to civil service? You need some sort of 750 document

Do you mean the personal statement? As in you need to write 750 words on why the job is for you? Or something else? It’s been a long time since I’ve applied so not sure how helpful my advice could be about that now.

Reactions: 5

My kids grew up watching his animations, we all used to use flash for animating then. Mine were and still are rubbish. I was better with gif
7554297-1.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Do you mean the personal statement? As in you need to write 750 words on why the job is for you? Or something else? It’s been a long time since I’ve applied so not sure how helpful my advice could be about that now.
Yes that’s it, never done one, and no clue where to start.

Reactions: 8
Yes that’s it, never done one, and no clue where to start.
Feel free to ignore this if it doesn’t work for you, but an old work colleague of mine had some good advice for this kind of thing, “make sure there’s a beginning, middle and an end“.

And along the same lines, talk about what you’ve done before, what you’re doing now, and what you’d like to do in the future (so how your experience ties into the position you’re applying for).

Again, feel free to ignore this if it doesn’t help. Good luck Captain X

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I always like to chuck in as a weakness the need to feel appreciated for quality work. Now and again.
Wriggle out of that HR .

Im on struggle street with my stomach lately, so much nausea I can't sleep. I'm avoiding the MT for a bit in case I see some slop, not even joking.
Having a cat like Pooh is good and bad when I'm sick, he seems to focus on the part of me that's unwell and try to get as close to that part of my body as possible. Its ok if I'm lying on my side, he just snuggles in to my stomach but if I'm sitting he wants to sit on my guts. I have to get my husband to move him as he weighs a ton and I'm not supposed to lift over 5 kilos.
Thanks for listening to me whinge, Pocket Ninnies. Love to all♥

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Im on struggle street with my stomach lately, so much nausea I can't sleep. I'm avoiding the MT for a bit in case I see some slop, not even joking.
Having a cat like Pooh is good and bad when I'm sick, he seems to focus on the part of me that's unwell and try to get as close to that part of my body as possible. Its ok if I'm lying on my side, he just snuggles in to my stomach but if I'm sitting he wants to sit on my guts. I have to get my husband to move him as he weighs a ton and I'm not supposed to lift over 5 kilos.
They say that cats purr has a healing ability and that is the reason why they do it . So that if they were injured they could help themselves so maybe that’s why Pooh is doing the same for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 15
They say that cats purr has a healing ability and that is the reason why they do it . So that if they were injured they could help themselves so maybe that’s why Pooh is doing the same for you ❤
For sure, he does it when my husband is sick as well. If I have a headache Pooh will lie with his arms over the top of my head and his tail wrapped around my chin and neck.
He'd make a wonderful hospital cat but they can't have him, he's mine. 😂
He always tries to cuddle the other cats as well, he's just a big snuggly Pooh Bear.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
oh mate, I’m so sorry. Nausea in itself is exhausting, never mind not being able to sleep on top of that.
I agree with @hollywood of course Pooh is trying to help, but sometimes that misfires.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and take the nausea away from you, but I really hope you feel better soon X

• Heart
Reactions: 13
oh mate, I’m so sorry. Nausea in itself is exhausting, never mind not being able to sleep on top of that.
I agree with @hollywood of course Pooh is trying to help, but sometimes that misfires.

I wish I could wave a magic wand and take the nausea away from you, but I really hope you feel better soon X
Thank you, Sideboob. It is exhausting. I've been distracting myself with fat bears and Stefan Milo on YouTube.
Facturday, Stefan is an archaeologist who puts out really interesting vids about everything pre-history. The latest is about the first recorded name of a person and what their job was.
I love that kind of topic, plus you can tell Stefan is stoned AF when he records. Stoner archaeologist is just funny to me.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So sorry to hear that, my lovely. Had beeb meaning to ask how you were doing. Obviously not fantastic.😥
I take it that the tonic water didn't help then... Another to try us ginger beer (not alcoholic) to help with nausea. I wish I could make you feel better.❤

Cats make the best nurses - after my first major surgery, Mish spent four weeks glued to my side, only getting off for food and toilet breaks.
Sending love & healing thoughts.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
So sorry to hear that, my lovely. Had beeb meaning to ask how you were doing. Obviously not fantastic.😥
I take it that the tonic water didn't help then... Another to try us ginger beer (not alcoholic) to help with nausea. I wish I could make you feel better.❤

Cats make the best nurses - after my first major surgery, Mish spent four weeks glued to my side, only getting off for food and toilet breaks.
Sending love & healing thoughts.❤
Thank you HoC my friend.
Tonic water helps a bit but most days I need something stronger and ginger beer 'takes my breath away'. I take stemetil for nausea but it makes me so fuzzy headed and I've run out as well.
I'm thinking about getting a nausea band, my friend had one when she went on a cruise.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Thank you, Sideboob. It is exhausting. I've been distracting myself with fat bears and Stefan Milo on YouTube.
Facturday, Stefan is an archaeologist who puts out really interesting vids about everything pre-history. The latest is about the first recorded name of a person and what their job was.
I love that kind of topic, plus you can tell Stefan is stoned AF when he records. Stoner archaeologist is just funny to me.
Those are fantastic distractions. A stoned archaeologist sounds like the best thing ever! These things are already so “WHOA”… I can’t even imagine the level of whoa when high!

Keep taking care of yourself sweet MCM, and you know we’re here X

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.