Food and Drink #39

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jumping in, sorry.….

Evening(!) all! I’ve just been for a night out (I really didn’t want to go but it turned out ok), and there was a few times I almost mentioned here. I wanted to say things like, “oh my friend in Australia“, “my friend really likes Taylor”, or “oh my mates eat Dreamies all the time“ and many other things.

My point is, you are all so lovely (even if my random examples aren’t about you specifically), that I think of you guys the same as like think of real life friends.

I REALLY like this corner of the internet.

ETA omg get well soon @MavisBeacon x
We are real life friends Sideboob!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Jumping in, sorry.….

Evening(!) all! I’ve just been for a night out (I really didn’t want to go but it turned out ok), and there was a few times I almost mentioned here. I wanted to say things like, “oh my friend in Australia“, “my friend really likes Taylor”, or “oh my mates eat Dreamies all the time“ and many other things.

My point is, you are all so lovely (even if my random examples aren’t about you specially), that I think of you guys the same as like think of real life friends.

I REALLY like this corner of the internet.

ETA omg get well soon @MavisBeacon x
I feel the same! You guys are my friends, just like my dear friend J who lives in Scotland. We've never met even though we've been Facebook friends since 2010. She's my metal sister.
Small Saturday Facto: J calls me her 'little cubed poop' ever since I told her about wombat poo.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Whenever I mention you guys to anyone I say 'my mate on the forum I post on, said this' etc etc. Fella is used to it now and most people don't bat an eyelid 🙂

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I feel the same! You guys are my friends, just like my dear friend J who lives in Scotland. We've never met even though we've been Facebook friends since 2010. She's my metal sister.
Small Saturday Facto: J calls me her 'little cubed poop' ever since I told her about wombat poo.
All the🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻🤘🏻to you and J!!!

This is what I mean, I want to tell irl people when Australia comes up in conversation things I love like that- fact =facto! Love it!

@Emmapism awww i love that! your fella is a gem!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Well this is my real life so you must be my real friends! In some ways it would be nice to meet you, and in others I think that would ruin it? Like I tend to think of you as your avatars so if MCM didn’t look like Jack and wasn’t wearing the frog bonnet I’d get discombobulated

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Well this is my real life so you must be my real friends! In some ways it would be nice to meet you, and in others I think that would ruin it? Like I tend to think of you as your avatars so if MCM didn’t look like Jack and wasn’t wearing the frog bonnet I’d get discombobulated
I think you look like Susan. I don't know why!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
If you aren’t really a brilliant drawing of a cat who ”just wants to dance” I will cry

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Some Caturday love for my friends.
I love this photo but I think there might have been a fight soon after it was taken. Pooh has no boundaries, Thor has them in abundance.
FA9F1ED3-6D65-42A7-BC8A-FD5E613F31CB.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Some Caturday love for my friends.
I love this photo but I think there might have been a fight soon after it was taken. Pooh has no boundaries, Thor has them in abundance.
View attachment 2019692
Omg it’s a beautiful picture.. but you can sense the calm before the storm. I mean that with nothing but fondness, it’s just cats being cats ❤
——-

Genuinely very sorry I jumped in in the middle of an important conversation. But it kind of ties in.

I got home safe this evening because another woman was looking out for me, and in turn, I made sure she got home safe too (we were all strangers). I love love love looking out for other women, but it’s tit that it’s become such a normal thing that we need to do that. And in terms of this,I’m speaking from a place of huge privilege*, which is a result of sheer luck, I’ve always been ok. (Touch wood).

Travelling alone as a woman can be a minefield. I love getting the megabus, because it gets me from 🔺to 🔺so quickly, sometimes overnight. But it’s a real gamble, sometimes when you get on an overnight bus, the driver will point women upstairs and men downstairs (not exactly this but you know what I mean). And then other times, it’s just a free for all.

Again, I have been SO lucky that I was ok on those journeys.
---

ETA.

Can you imagine how much easier the world would be if men just called
each other out and kept and eye on the ones being weirdos and creeps, bleeping hell,,as women we’re checking our behaviour when it should be men checking on themselves and each other.

*by privilege in this instance I mean that I’ve not had this problem, because to be honest l feel like a rare excepiton, and I know it’s just down to chance,

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Omg it’s a beautiful picture.. but you can sense the calm before the storm. I mean that with nothing but fondness, it’s just cats being cats ❤
——-

Genuinely very sorry I jumped in in the middle of an important conversation. But it kind of ties in.

I got home safe this evening because another woman was looking out for me, and in turn, I made sure she got home safe too (we were all strangers). I love love love looking out for other women, but it’s tit that it’s become such a normal thing that we need to do that. And in terms of this,I’m speaking from a place of huge privilege, which is a result of sheer luck, I’ve always been ok. (Touch wood).

Travelling alone as a woman can be a minefield. I love getting the megabus, because it gets me from 🔺to 🔺so quickly, sometimes overnight. But it’s a real gamble, sometimes when you get on an overnight bus, the driver will point women upstairs and men downstairs (not exactly this but you know what I mean). And then other times, it’s just a free for all.

Again, I have been SO lucky that I was ok on those journeys.
I'm so glad you're home safe and yes, I love women looking out for one another. My Harold sometimes doesn't get why I'll ask him to pick me up from a train station or why I won't go to the shop by myself after dark. He's a big man and even if I wasn't a small person I'm still a female and a target.
Years ago I was at a QOTSA gig with my friend, there were three or four men who kept bumping us and trying to grab us, it was fucked until a group of giant biker looking dudes surrounded my mate and I and shooed the little perverts away. One of them told my friend he felt sick seeing them ruining our night when we should be having fun.
I wish more men would look out for us.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I'm so glad you're home safe and yes, I love women looking out for one another. My Harold sometimes doesn't get why I'll ask him to pick me up from a train station or why I won't go to the shop by myself after dark. He's a big man and even if I wasn't a small person I'm still a female and a target.
Years ago I was at a QOTSA gig with my friend, there were three or four men who kept bumping us and trying to grab us, it was fucked until a group of giant biker looking dudes surrounded my mate and I and shooed the little perverts away. One of them told my friend he felt sick seeing them ruining our night when we should be having fun.
I wish more men would look out for us.
Oh MCM, like I said, I’m very lucky.

It sucks that he doesn’t understand, but I think some men just literally don’t understand. It’s so hard to explain. Like they know to pick you up from a station, but they don’t really understand the vulnerability.

I was going to type a whole thing about how when I was younger certain things made me more vulnerable, but tbh, it doesn’t matter. (And yes, of course men have their own worries with violence, please please do deal with that men, and dont use it to derail womens’ conversations).

I’m SO glad those biker guys stepped in! He’s so right, it’s just meant to be about everyone enjoying the gig! ffs, those creepy guys will never understand how it is to go to a gig and feel vulnerable, or needing to lookout for someone 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Sidey, I think men in general don't get how intimidating it can be to 'just go for a walk'. Not wearing headphones, keys in your hand as weapon, the constant vigilance.
My husband is a big man, he's ex-security and has a bit of 'crazy eye' so anyone would be reluctant to take him on but is also a bit naive as to how much women and girls put up with.
He wouldn't purposely intimidate and harass a woman so he doesn't think it happens all that much.
No matter how big and scary he looks, Susan has him wrapped around her little toe beans. 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Sidey, I think men in general don't get how intimidating it can be to 'just go for a walk'. Not wearing headphones, keys in your hand as weapon, the constant vigilance.
My husband is a big man, he's ex-security and has a bit of 'crazy eye' so anyone would be reluctant to take him on but is also a bit naive as to how much women and girls put up with.
He wouldn't purposely intimidate and harass a woman so he doesn't think it happens all that much.
No matter how big and scary he looks, Susan has him wrapped around her little toe beans. 😊
Yes. You’ve articulated what I was trying to say. Even men who thankfully ”get it” like your man, they don’t really understand (and to be real, I’m glad they don’t know, I don’t want ANYONE to feel that way), they will never feel it. And I think for most of us, we don’t even think about it until we chat about it, or we (or a loved one) goes out.

Actually, now that I think about it, society enables men to be dodgy (ha! best) and women to be on guard. 💯 stating the obvious here, but wtf?!

Our vigilance hasnt even come from something official, it’s just women talking to each other (and to be fair, for some of us, protective partners or relatives).

But why isn’t the onus in men to NOT do always do these awful things to women.

I wanted to try and wind this comment up, but I’m just 🤷🏻‍♀️

(sorry @MaineCoonMama for you being tagged into this rant x)

ETA. It’s the bare minimum, and the tip of the iceberg but it’s good to see that a union is recognising this.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
The saying goes something like “men are afraid at women laughing at them; women are afraid of men murdering them”.
The work around safer cities and how the environments work against women is fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Both of you deserve better. Mate of mine had this recently and my other half commented that it's like he realised mid thirties he will never play for England/Glastonbury (delete as appropriate) and panics at a normal life. I do sometimes think men wander round in a cloud of delusion.
My son's think I believe they are locked out of teams and cannot do remote lessons when I know better than to spend my day off arguing and judging by sm everyone is out sledging/getting shouted at to get off the golf course
God I love this. I have the picture in my head. You are a wonderful mother

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.