Food and Drink #37 Happy New Year

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ooh I can answer that question! Ime, every drug I've ever sampled (coke, speed, mdma, pills) has the effect of both parties not being able to reach the finish line. Excess booze does too. You can see the finish line, but try as you might, you just cannot get there. #chafing
I'm sure there's a scientific reason there about it interfering with dopamine and body signals or something, but I've not researched!

Reactions: 20
The MT thread title is a masterpiece and I refuse to allow you to feel bad about it. (Also gak wasn’t allowed previously so it I think you made the right choice)

No you didn’t! There‘s no way gak would have been allowed. This is brilliantly obscure and fabulous. Also what are you having done to your hair? I was on a Teams call yesterday with someone I haven’t seen in ages and she was shocked by how long my hair is so I suspect I look like a witch and need to cut it off

Happy birthday to Susan, the best named cat in all the upside down!

Reactions: 22
Just saw this over on twitter, haven't put the telly on today so don't know who they're referring to...

Reactions: 12
The MT thread title is a masterpiece and I refuse to allow you to feel bad about it. (Also gak wasn’t allowed previously so it I think you made the right choice)
@Hollaaa, the current thread title is one of the all time greats. I am not a responsible threadstarting adult and am grateful to those who are!

Reactions: 18
I think Katch mentioned Bank of Dave was a feel-good movie and it was! Nice story, quite fluffy but also a bit true. I remember the TV series was a bit dull tbh, so I guess there’s some extra drama added.
not me, ive not seen the movie, soz. i do remember the tv show though and i follow him on twitter and he seems like one of life's gooduns, so i heartily endorse this product or service

for tea tonight, we are actually having a takeaway! we're so excited cos we never do! we're having bacon double cheeseburgers from burger king, which we usually only have at the airport! and since we haven't been abroad since 2017, it's been a while!

oh, and thank you for the gif, hotes. we ralphie

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I love a bacon double cheeseburger . When I first got with Mr NT he used to go get us a burger king, there's no takeaways or anything here but - there is a motorway services nearby that you can access sneakily through a little country lane . So he'd whizz through the back lanes and go grab us one .

aw

i love them the best cos they're all killer, no filler. no veg, no sauce, no fucking gherkins, nothing that ruins other burgers. just meaty, cheesy, bacony, bready goodness

and I'm sure i speak for all of us (well, the omnis among us at least) when i say bring back the mushroom double swiss!

Reactions: 15
I've never had burger king! I don't remember there being one about when I was younger so I don't know if it's that that's meant it just doesn't have the draw. I do want to though, I just think it's that it never comes to mind IYKWIM.

My current junk craving has been KFC but I'm resisting because I know it never meets expectations, the chips are crap everywhere and the chicken has been really crap from our local recently going from the local facebook group.

Reactions: 17
Re Kate Bush - completely agree! I didn't 'get' her at all either growing up in the 1970's, watching her on Top of the Pops performing made an impression because she was so unique but I didn't understand how special she is. Now as an adult I think she's fabulous.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
KFCs have gone really downhill in the last couple of years, local fb groups seem to be always complaining about them. The chips are shite from there, you only get a small few now that are just launched in the bag, so they go everywhere and just go cold before you get home. Far cry from the bargain bucket and viennetta glory days, sigh...

Reactions: 14
It's such a shame. When they changed the chips it was awful.

We're getting a Taco Bell nearby soon (mind you it's been soon for about a year) and I've heard mixed things about the UK one, but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.