Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is really sad. And knitting is basically pure mathematics: I think it's the most brilliant perfection.

Reactions: 11
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
Dressmaking is simple AF once you've learned the basics. It just seems a bit daunting to beginners.

Reactions: 12
I love to sew and make clothes for myself and my SG. It's just glorified cutting and sticking. It is pretty expensive, especially if you get into the sewing adjacent hobbies of buying fabric, tools and accessories, going to classes etc. I've knitted since I was 5 and was routinely mocked for it growing up (Gen Xer), but I love it, it's as natural as breathing to me.

Not sure I can show you anything I've made without 🔺 myself because I do that other adjacent hobby of being a showoff on social media about it.

Knitting is excellent for MH and can be quite cheap if you confine yourself to shopping from sales, eBay etc. Knitting during zoom meetings, films, conversations helps me concentrate more, which I'm guessing is an ADHD thing as well. Plus it's an excellent zombie apocalypse skill to have.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I love to sew and make clothes for myself and my SG. It's just glorified cutting and sticking. It is pretty expensive, especially if you get into the sewing adjacent hobbies of buying fabric, tools and accessories, going to classes etc. I've knitted since I was 5 and was routinely mocked for it growing up (Gen Xer), but I love it, it's as natural as breathing to me.

Not sure I can show you anything I've made without 🔺 myself because I do that other adjacent hobby of being a showoff on social media about it.

Knitting is excellent for MH and can be quite cheap if you confine yourself to shopping from sales, eBay etc. Knitting during zoom meetings, films, conversations helps me concentrate more, which I'm guessing is an ADHD thing as well. Plus it's an excellent zombie apocalypse skill to have.
I started knitting when I was at university, precisely to help me concentrate in lectures - if I didn't have something to do with my hands I'd stop being attention and start making to-do lists or something. I get some stares (and a lot of "oh will you make me a jumper?" lol no), but I love it.

I started sewing maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I go through phases where I don't sew anything at all for months on end, but as soon as I get back into it, I just feel so much more relaxed and content.

I also make beaded jewellery, but I find it a bit harder. Plus earlier this year I made a ton of earrings only to discover that I've developed an allergy to certain metals, which is pretty terrible timing.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
thought y'all would like to see this I just saw in corbridge antiques and collectables 🇬🇪 🍑

20220709_134707.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I have a packet of BBQ Shapes sitting on my table right now. I won't eat them as they're my husband's and one thing you don't do is take food from him, he gets rather upset.
Woohby, I don't mind chicken Twisties but I'm obsessed with Cornados atm. They're expensive but when they go on special I make sure to grab a few packs, the plain is my favourite. They're really crunchy and tasty, I love them.
FC3D3F9E-B986-43EB-A492-ABB885FBF3CD.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I have a packet of BBQ Shapes sitting on my table right now. I won't eat them as they're my husband's and one thing you don't do is take food from him, he gets rather upset.
Woohby, I don't mind chicken Twisties but I'm obsessed with Cornados atm. They're expensive but when they go on special I make sure to grab a few packs, the plain is my favourite. They're really crunchy and tasty, I love them.View attachment 1404254
You have way more self discipline than me!
my favourites are the chicken ones and the FANCY balsamic ones, so venegary! It is annoying as there used to be quite a couple of shops selling Aussie sweets and stuff in central London, I would also love some minties!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
You have way more self discipline than me!
my favourites are the chicken ones and the FANCY balsamic ones, so venegary! It is annoying as there used to be quite a couple of shops selling Aussie sweets and stuff in central London, I would also love some minties!
It's funny what you miss! I spent three months in Canada when I was a teen and I just wanted Vegemite and Tim-Tams when I was there. When I got back to Oz I just wanted poutine and Red Rose tea. 😂
PS my husband has that Nordic Viking attitude and temper, it's easier to just not eat the man's food.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Didn't know we had so many fibre arts fraus in the thread! I love designing clothes and I love having the end product but I honestly really hate cutting/pinning/sewing and find it tedious af - partly because there's no space for a proper sewing table in my house so I spend a lot of time crawling around on the floor. Lace knitting OTOH, I could do forever (and sometimes feel like I won't have a choice once I reach the outer edges of a shawl!) Recently I've started dying my own yarns and now have more outrageously colourful wraps than I know what to do with - I'll share a picture later when I can be arsed to get off the sofa.

Speaking of clothes, last week I made a Vinted account inspired by the MT and oh my lord, I am Ob. Sessed. I dare not look at my most recent bank statement but my wardrobe has had a MAJOR upgrade - I think I might now own the entire Monsoon back catalogue. Don't worry though, I was careful to avoid smol pixie's gown of lingering honk.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It's funny what you miss! I spent three months in Canada when I was a teen and I just wanted Vegemite and Tim-Tams when I was there. When I got back to Oz I just wanted poutine and Red Rose tea. 😂
PS my husband has that Nordic Viking attitude and temper, it's easier to just not eat the man's food.
Poutine 🤤🤤🤤

• Heart
Reactions: 10
When we were at the Royal Show last week in the rare breeds tent women were spinning yarn(?) and weaving. One had dyed hers and knitted them together to make a rainbow but all the colours faded into the next one so looked stunning.

Little Beds was quite upset when we had to break it to him that there weren’t actual rainbow sheep walking around with that colour wool coats 😂.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
So lovely to find out other sewist fraus are about! I've done it most of my life; my mother taught me. It's a great stress reliever.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I currently have no pets of my own to contribute, but I often see this catto out and about and she's the absolute spitting image of my old one so I figure that's close enough.
Screenshot_20220709-203249_Gallery.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 24
So lovely to find out other sewist fraus are about! I've done it most of my life; my mother taught me. It's a great stress reliever.
I have no apitude for sewing, not do I really like it, but I once lived with someone who always knitted when we watched TV, I always wanted her to teach me as it looked so relaxing. I think now having 2 very active cats any kind of activity like that involving me moving the needles and thread is probably impossible :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I have no apitude for sewing, not do I really like it, but I once lived with someone who always knitted when we watched TV, I always wanted her to teach me as it looked so relaxing. I think now having 2 very active cats any kind of activity like that involving me moving the needles and thread is probably impossible :ROFLMAO:
Genuinely one of the (many) things that has put me off getting another cat at the moment is the high likelihood of knitting destruction when I inevitably leave a piece lying around without thinking :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 15
sometimes, this field has sheepoes in it. we can hear them from our bedroom window

and sometimes, it has tiny panthers who just won't come in for their tea

(it just got mown yesterday, so he has plenty of dry, warm, fresh hay to nestle down in)

20220709_203522.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.