Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy Saturday evening, I hope everyone’s having a good weekend. I’ve had a long week, and I‘m going to try and forget about everything on my mind just for this evening.

I went for a walk earlier and saw a tiny kingfisher flying past. I wish I could have taken a picture for you all, but those things are faster than lightning! So bright and so cute though.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's seat-stealing season here at Casa MC. We have a dining table which seats six, but every time I get up there's a small surprise Susan on my chair when I come back. It's only about 4 degrees atm so I don't blame her for wanting the warmth I leave behind but I'm used to 'my chair' with the view of the kitchen. We are currently sharing the seat and I'm typing with one hand as I have my arm around her. If she were a human I would've kicked her off the chair but I'm a big softy when it comes to my little princess.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
On the Nik Naks front I've just discovered the multipacks with three flavours don't exist any more?! This is a crime. Every time I bought them there was at least one extra packet in there. First I struggle to even get close to making the nightmeat song I keep hearing in my imagination then I have the shittest pizza I've ever eaten (Sainsbury's Plant Pioneers no chorizo and pepper - someone gave it five stars, they are a lying little weasel) and now this! Thank LJC for KCC cattos 🙏

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Look at her though! She's gorgeous. She's got that smug-arse cat face on too.
she is the smuggest, most content kitty I've ever met

I believe she came from a shelter in Birmingham when my dad and stepmum lived down there a few years ago. she now has an older brother and two little brothers and they all live in this huge house in the middle of nowhere in Northumberland, with a massive garden and adjacent fields to play in

and, yeah, people routinely say that she's their fave cat of the four of them

I mean, look at her!
20220709_232237.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
It's really foggy in the outer East this morning. Not quite Victorian London pea-souper but still cold and damp.
3FDFBF54-C7A0-406C-BECA-A6E16CE7713D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I can live in a world without Twisties, but I would not live in a world with no Arnott's Shapes

Also, chicken Twisties: MCM and Cookie, do you have a view? I'm for, though it's been many a year since we crossed paths
Chicken Twisties are wrong.

I swear to god I've seen them in B&M/Home Bargains at one time. Trouble is, they're both random with their stock availability, so may have just been a one time thing.
I used to sometimes spot Coles (Australian supermarket) products in Heron and Poundstretcher. Weirdly, we found some Sainsbury's herbal teas in Coles not long back.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Forecast is 88f today 🌞🌅🕶
I really like winter the best but even I'm getting a bit tired of it already. I usually go up to my brother's in July -it's always hot up there- but I can't this year as we're meeting at my stepdad's instead. Enjoy your heat wave!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Great intuition! I'm in fashion, daaaaarling lol. (Research/designer role, FANCY!) But, like yourself, only in office a couple of days a week now.

Soho is eerie quiet, even though it looks busy, it's not. And yes! So happy those candy shops got busted. They need to sort Oxford Street out, it's a freaking dump. Oh my gosh, did you go into House of Fraser when it was shutting down before xmas? LJC, it was like the scummiest TK Maxx on earth. Shameful.
what a cool job! 😎
I didn’t go in right at the end but had gone in around Christmas 2019 with a colleague who was picking up a perfume for his mum I think? I wanted to look at something homeware related (can’t remember what) upstairs and it was really bizarre, like…. Empty? Like it felt like we shouldn’t have been there it didn’t feel like a shop.

Had you been into Topshop before the end? Around the time central started clearing out cos of the pandemic I was using the time to shop every evening 😳😳😳 this was back when we knew nooooothing about covid & ngl it was being reported on the news like it was very much a Chinese problem, then an Italian problem, then we were mandated to wfh and suddenly on the news it became our problem. Looking back how naive was I 🤦🏻‍♀️. Anyway must have gone into Topshop Oxford street in the last few weeks of its life and it was pretty grim, felt a lot more like Stratford centre’s market stalls in a shop type places? Clothes were horrific too I was trying to find black maternity dresses to sort of hide it for as long as poss and it was all body con with holes in. Like yes my employer will love seeing my VPL, muffin top, and semi circle cut outs of my waist thanks Sir Phil Green hun x there was a cute jumper but it was acrylic, I don’t think Topshop were ever renowned for quality but I don’t think they were producing acrylic jumpers back in their peak? Surely???

Speaking of tk maxx did you ever go in the Oxford street one? I quite liked it the kitchen section was always really useful if you needed a new frying pan or cafetière or whatever and your only other options to pop out to on your lunch break are like…. Le creuset lol. They also stocked a ton of me creuset in fairness. The gold section always had tons of Marni! I remember seeing some miu miu ballet flats (don’t lol, the power and influence of Amy Winehouse is eternal x) but they were a size 3. So close to greatness yet so so far! I can’t justify paying full price for a pair of shoes that’ll inevitably end up smelling like a dog in a puddle. I’d check their site every day for the month or two after that in the hope they came on but alas, never happened!! 😭
@Captainmouse the American candy store scandal:

There was a TikTok on it that basically said it’s a money laundering thing from a country I can’t remember. They are absolutely ridiculous, of them right by Piccadilly Circus station/opposite the new Hard Rock Cafe had a tiny little window with just one of those pub cardboard hangers of golden Walker crisps on if…? Like that was their store front…?! A lot of them have scarcely any stock either they’re just huge units with a few stands in them. Can’t wait for the documentaries on it as there’s definitely something very weird happening!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A glorious day here, so I have dry sheep and could get them marked with my flock mark this morning and back out on the hill :)
20220710_105157.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I really like winter the best but even I'm getting a bit tired of it already. I usually go up to my brother's in July -it's always hot up there- but I can't this year as we're meeting at my stepdad's instead. Enjoy your heat wave!
Hot! It's predicted to be 15C first thing Wednesday 😰🌨 We've totally sold out of doonas at work 😂

How is your step dad doing after his fall?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.