Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Genuinely one of the (many) things that has put me off getting another cat at the moment is the high likelihood of knitting destruction when I inevitably leave a piece lying around without thinking :ROFLMAO:
Babe, same.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'm sick of my nasty cold now, as in, time to move on. However, am enjoying the afternoon nap "fever dreams". This afternoon my mother appeared out of the blue in a sulky pulled by WoohPony1. The sulky looked like an old wheelbarrow, but she and WoohPony were wearing huge fancy headdresses.

I'm quite impressed with my brain, as this obviously relates to Johnny Depp playing Tonto; I was reading a twitter thread about it yesterday, complete with pics. Go WoohMother!

Reactions: 19
@Wooh you have reminded me, I had a Covid fever dream last night. I met Prince Harry at a work thing and he ended up next to me as we were filing out, so of course I had to ask him all about Kylie, how many times has he met her, what is she like, does she smell good?
Send psychological helpos.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Get-wellos to all fraus under the weather at the moment! Hopefully you'll be on the mend soon.

It's glorious weather for us today - high of 23C, not a cloud in the sky. My daughter and I are off to find somewhere not too crowded for a swim and I promised I'd bake something this afternoon (who am I kidding? I am the recipient of that promise. I want cake.) so any ideas from the baking fraus? I am generally quite an impatient baker so have a couple of things I do well, but it'd be nice to do something a little different.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
A nice old fashioned, thick-battered, butter cake, with raspberries?YUMMMM

Reactions: 11
I've not had a proper grunk yet, it's awful of me to jump in here, advice welcome... for a friend
My friend, didn't get the job they wanted (it went to an internal candidate), but good news, another quick, short term opportunity is starting tomorrow.
This friend's partner is giving them a whole load of nasty tit, implying they are being unfaithful, all this the evening before they start their new job.
All unfaithful claims starting in the last half hour.
What's everyone's take on this?
Thank you x

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
I've not had a proper grunk yet, it's awful of me to jump in here, advice welcome... for a friend
My friend, didn't get the job they wanted (it went to an internal candidate), but good news, another quick, short term opportunity is starting tomorrow.
This friend's partner is giving them a whole load of nasty tit, implying they are being unfaithful, all this the evening before they start their new job.
Thank you x
Insecurity and possibly is being/has recently been unfaithful themself, would be my guess. Is the partner punching above their weight in relationship terms? Sorry your friend is going through this, hope the new job goes well tomorrow.

(Edited to correct my possibly wrong assumption of the genders involved, apologies)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Insecurity and possibly is being/has recently been unfaithful himself, would be my guess. Is the partner punching above their weight in relationship terms? Sorry your friend is going through this, hope the new job goes well tomorrow.
Thank you, I think that might resonate. I'll pass on your well wishes to my friend.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 18
spot the kitty

20220710_195827.jpg

he's still very shy, but he comes and sits with us a bit about this time every night

20220710_201235.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thank you x
🚩 red flag 🚩

The times that I have been accused of being unfaithful without any foundation (and always untrue), it turned out in 100% of instances that the cheater was the accuser.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Thank you x
I'm trying to phrase this carefully due to not wanting to assume gender, so for the sake of readability, let's call them AP (Angry Partner) and NP (Nice Partner).

AP sounds like a dick, particularly given the timing. Without knowing that much about the situation, could it be that AP likes to be in control, and is lashing out because they feel that the new job is taking NP's attention away?

It's really a red flag, especially when NP is already feeling nervous I'm sure.

Congrats to NP by the way, I hope the job goes well and leads to more opportunities in the future!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Back in the mists of time - I was doing professional qualifications as well as working full time and supposedly having a relationship with someone we shall call AF (absolute fuckwit). This person always seemed to want to pick a fight and break up the night before I had an exam and then hook up again a few days later if I drove the 30 miles to theirs. It was one of my friends who noticed the pattern before I even did. AF was in the end a cheater who felt better when I was insecure.

Your friend’s partner is being an AF also and is possibly feeling insecure or covering up bad behaviour with projection.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Back in the mists of time - I was doing professional qualifications as well as working full time and supposedly having a relationship with someone we shall call AF (absolute fuckwit). This person always seemed to want to pick a fight and break up the night before I had an exam and then hook up again a few days later if I drove the 30 miles to theirs. It was one of my friends who noticed the pattern before I even did. AF was in the end a cheater who felt better when I was insecure.

Your friend’s partner is being an AF also and is possibly feeling insecure or covering up bad behaviour with projection.
Same thing, definite pattern. Mine would also phone me at work asking stupid questions like "where's the hairbrush?" when I was on my way into important meetings. He was the same kind of person who would always tell a lie even when the truth was easier. It didn't end well.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
sometimes, this field has sheepoes in it. we can hear them from our bedroom window

and sometimes, it has tiny panthers who just won't come in for their tea

(it just got mown yesterday, so he has plenty of dry, warm, fresh hay to nestle down in)

View attachment 1404715
This description is a lovely poem

• Heart
Reactions: 18
@Valiofthedolls I didn’t want to disrupt the MT any further, but basically yes, part of the reason I sometimes think Phoenixes are real is because it’s a real place, (as if that’s how it all works 😬 )

Have you (or anyone here) been to Phoenix?
I‘ve been thinking about Arizona recently because I was listening to the Orb song, “Little Fluffy Clouds”, it’s all about the skies and sunsets in Arizona.

So I looked up Arizona sunsets and… WOW

AC4CC6B3-326C-4659-A377-E1CE209C7B02.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 21
On the Nik Naks front I've just discovered the multipacks with three flavours don't exist any more?! This is a crime. Every time I bought them there was at least one extra packet in there. First I struggle to even get close to making the nightmeat song I keep hearing in my imagination then I have the shittest pizza I've ever eaten (Sainsbury's Plant Pioneers no chorizo and pepper - someone gave it five stars, they are a lying little weasel) and now this! Thank LJC for KCC cattos 🙏
This comment reassured me I was actually on a food thread and not a cat one 😅

The cat posts are cool, so no shade.

Do Worcester sauce French fries still exist? I never ever see them anymore!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.