Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So nice to hear about a visitor's trip to Oz. Unbelievably, about once per winter, it snows quite close to me and we all go mad and make day trips to run around. Hehe. Did you go north as well. To Cookie land?
Oz is my favourite place I've ever been to - I cried on the plane home cos I didn't want to leave 🤣 was only there for 2 weeks so did Melbourne, Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road and Sydney, but would love to go back and see more. I actually had a job interview in Melbourne (stayed with friends, one of whom was my boss in a previous life and he put me forward without telling me 🤣) so I could have been an honorary Aussie frau!!

Mr C broke my heart today! I was in the office and he was WFH, he sent me this - that door is my office where I WFH, he always works from the dining room - pup apparently kept going to the door, scratching at it and whining 😭

Attachments

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 34
Congratulations JCC on your engagement 💐 your dog is absolutely gorgeous they get big so quickly. Hotes so sorry for your loss hope you have people round you at this time .I wish I could take everyone that's struggling and give them a big cuddle and just listen to them if they need it

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Good luck @Kittypops ! As others have said, remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are you too. As someone who interviews people fairly often, I would recommend checking out the STAR technique - a great way to describe experiences you've had in context, I love it when people use it, gives a deeper understanding to situations interviewers might not really understand if they aren't directly to do with the role.

Thought you guys would appreciate this, when we were walking JC pup last night we met two spaniels, their names were Sally and Jenny. What amazing dog names 🤣. JC pup isn't really interested in other dogs, she doesn't mind them but would rather lick and chew the owners to death (she LOVES people) but she really liked Sally, they live a few doors down from us so we are going to arrange some play dates ❤

Also, JCC has some big news - me and Mr C got engaged! I'm going to be a married frau! Although we distressed Mr Cs grandparents a bit as when they asked when the wedding will be, I said we want to get the kitchen done first (the one now, though fine is v much an old person's style, our house was probate so very much decorated in the way 80 year olds like 🤣) and his grandad said 'well that's not very romantic, just make sure you get married before I die' 🤣🤣 tbh he will probably outlive us all, he is 86 and has a much more active social life than we do!!
Aah belated congratulations to you & Mr JCC 🎉

Hello canal, you lovely bunch.
I hope you’re all well, thanks for thinking of me
Unfortunately we have had to organise the funeral. I guess “luckily” I got to see my relative when I was up in Liverpool. Due to the circumstances we have embroiled ourselves in a legal claim for medical negligence.
It’s been nice popping in here and there, usually late night, my sleep has gone a bit wrong as well. I have only eaten pizza and Jaffa cakes for a week. 5/10 would recommend if you only want to eat circles.
Sending you all the love in the world Hotes ❤

Good morning to you all, from flooded NSW, again. I've a bit of time on my hands as bridges and roads are closed, but I have found my way out of last week's funk, and *thank you so much*, all of you. I will be as supportive and kind whenever I can to you all and others. @HotesTilaire, to you right now at this difficult hard time

Current pic of homeland... the actual river is the line in the middle. Not seen: many houses, roads, lives, loves, farms. I'm high and dry this time. A little "traumatised", like everyone.
View attachment 1396436

The WoohCats are going CRAZY in my awful tiny granny flat. You wouldn't put your granny in this box!
How awful, pleased you’re keeping safe @Wooh

Ooooh girl that looks delicious. I love a turnover. Anyone had the apple ones that M&S do? Top tier.

I found out today I got it! 2 and a half month contract- starting next month when I'm back from my holiday.

Chuffed 😊

Thinking of lovely @HotesTilaire & @Wooh x
Aah amazing news congratulations @Emmapism 🎉

Hope you’re feeling better soon @Nottonightbabe & @Hollaaa ❤

Hope you’re feeling better soon @Nottonightbabe & @Hollaaa ❤
Someone close to me is very unwell at the moment, and this evening I’ve just had some wine been distracting myself. I feel so stupid, but I just don’t know what to do with my thoughts just now.

I was going to say I don’t know why I’m sharing this here, but then, this site has been a great distraction, but also just full of lovely people and lols.
Sending love @Sideboard Bob ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
a shy boi is becoming less shy

(I'm not doing the best at keeping up with everyone here, but i will eventually!)

20220707_202808.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Big love to everyone needing it right now (imagine the hugging emoji here, I'm on my laptop).

And please cheer yourself up by looking at this baby goat with 21-inch ears.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I love the idea of Bubbly D's comedy Zoom.
I'm really cautious about Zoom stuff now, during one of our lockdowns Dave Strassman put on a free Zoom show for his email list fans (If you don't know Strassman look him up, he has a character called Ted E Bare that is adorable/hilarious). It was a really hot night and I forgot to put on a bra under my singlet. I spent the whole show with my talking Ted E Bare clutched to my chest instead of waving him around like we were meant to so we could catch Dave's attention and chat on camera. My boobs- a blessing and a curse.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Oz is my favourite place I've ever been to - I cried on the plane home cos I didn't want to leave 🤣 was only there for 2 weeks so did Melbourne, Phillip Island, Great Ocean Road and Sydney, but would love to go back and see more. I actually had a job interview in Melbourne (stayed with friends, one of whom was my boss in a previous life and he put me forward without telling me 🤣) so I could have been an honorary Aussie frau!!

Mr C broke my heart today! I was in the office and he was WFH, he sent me this - that door is my office where I WFH, he always works from the dining room - pup apparently kept going to the door, scratching at it and whining 😭
This is Maisie when I left for work today 😢😢😢

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 28
You can join me and Sidey B ( ❤ to you, you most mithering of ninnies) in the sideboard corner @busylass but everyone has to promise they won't sit on me or fill me with off-season crockery 😰

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Thank you lovely ninnies for being so sweet ❤

I can’t stop laughing at this, I hope some of you find it funny too.

• Haha
Reactions: 25

At least he didn't refer to Qantas as 'Cuntas' live on air like one of our The Project hosts did. (Possibly Carrie Bickmore, it was a few years ago.)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
At least he didn't refer to Qantas as 'Cuntas' live on air like one of our The Project hosts did. (Possibly Carrie Bickmore, it was a few years ago.)
No way! 🤣🤣🤣 I LOVE it when people accidentally swear on tv! We used to have a politician who was “Culture Secretary Jeremy Hunt”. His name presented quite a problem for a lot of live broadcasters.

• Haha
Reactions: 23

I love it! Also I am a bit stunned - I swear he used to be a presenter on T4 or something when I lived in the UK? Suddenly feeling old...

My city is having a fireworks competition this week. An international fireworks competition (which means, in practice, that one team is from France). I'm a bit bored and we still have two nights to go. Glad I don't have any pets to worry about - I live near the display point, and there has been a lot of frantic barking in my neighbourhood. 😕

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
A
The fraus and herrs rocking out at Jay-cloth’s hen do
View attachment 1399520

View attachment 1399521
Oh my god. I *remember* this!! Send pension discountios

I love the idea of Bubbly D's comedy Zoom.
I'm really cautious about Zoom stuff now, during one of our lockdowns Dave Strassman put on a free Zoom show for his email list fans (If you don't know Strassman look him up, he has a character called Ted E Bare that is adorable/hilarious). It was a really hot night and I forgot to put on a bra under my singlet. I spent the whole show with my talking Ted E Bare clutched to my chest instead of waving him around like we were meant to so we could catch Dave's attention and chat on camera. My boobs- a blessing and a curse.
Hate to be annoying, but why didn't you just go and put on a bra?! Are you Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yes! I love mine so much! They can pick up some serious speed, and sitting upright makes me feel like a boss, lol.

(Absolute bollocks that you had to buy the basket separately though.)
Last year one of the tire blew though. Was a very bizarre day. We rode to the post office and the rear tire inner tube just exploded sounding like a gun shot !! Anyway got inner tube replaced and as I was wheeling it out of Halfords it blew again!! Couldn’t believe it ! Ended up with a new tire. The inner bit was too close to the wheel and had caused damage or something I don’t know. So now I’ve got one white one and one black one. I love riding it though.

• Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.