Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Good call on Garnier... it reminds me that one of my friends recently brought the spray on SPF by Garnier that can go on top of makeup. She likes it as you can easily top it up throughout the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Good call on Garnier... it reminds me that one of my friends recently brought the spray on SPF by Garnier that can go on top of makeup. She likes it as you can easily top it up throughout the day.
I’ve got the spray one and a LRP spray one for topping up over make up. I find the Garnier spray can sting my eyes a bit but probably more down to my crap application - but both sit on top of my make up when topping up if that makes sense?

Microsoft Viva will soon be scheduling me a reminder to get back to work as I’m now procrastinating 😅.

Reactions: 18
Whilst we are talking about good skin stuff- I've just started using Rosalique. It's about £30 but a little goes a long way. I have redness around my nose and forehead and it sorts it right out, plus is a factor 50 spf 👍 Looking for a moisturiser to use first though as I do find it a bit drying

Reactions: 20
Shearing cancelled, it's rained too much this morning and the sheep are too wet, so no haircuts for the ladies today. I will wander down to the gate with a bucket later and try and get them in though, as it'll be less stressful if they're mooching about the field opposite where we shear rather than spread all over the hill.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Don't bother with makeup very often at all unless it's a special occasion, but I do have a skincare routine which I like to splash out on when I can, makes me feel like I'm living luxuriously 😂.

I do feel a lot of it is just companies coming up with new insecurities to give us so that they can sell us more products though. Like I could not be arsed with these 7 billion step routines that some influencers have.

Mine just goes:

Morning
1. Cleanser
2. Moisturiser (with a couple drops of a "toner" added in as well every other morning)
3. Sunscreen

Night
1. Cleanser
2. Moisturiser

I have skin thats a little sensitive and can get red if I use anything perfumed, so I try to avoid scented stuff. La Roche posay anti shine sun cream is really nice! My fave for sure - like £17 a tube if you don't get it on sale though 😬

Last edited:
a really good place to buy skincare is tk maxx, i have got usually really expensive tjings at a quarter of the price at times. the only issue is obviously that you cannot plan tje brands of products to buy you just need to browse

a really good place to buy skincare is tk maxx, i have got usually really expensive tjings at a quarter of the price at times. the only issue is obviously that you cannot plan tje brands of products to buy you just need to browse
I get butterflies in my stomach of excitement when I go to TK maxx . I love a rummage and I love seeing the home stuff as well as the skincare.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I am FANCY and use La Roche Posay which is priced between £10-20. It's mega lightweight and provides excellent uva and uvb protection. Hopefully a more savvy frau can also recommend a cheaper option too!
I love La Roche Posay but they discontinued their Effaclar BB Blur that I absolutely adored and I am so sad. I have stubbornly refused to try an alternative thus far but am tempted to try the Effaclar duo. I bung Avon factor 50 facial sun cream on during the summer and give another vote to Aldi day/night creams. I use the caviar pots and rate them above the pricier brands.

Reactions: 17
No way Tunnelly, I found a copy of Molecular Cell Biology in the shop I went in yesterday which was one of the textbooks on my course. Biochemists around the country giving up in unison. I'd have keeled over if it was Stryer 😰 if you come across a copy please softly, gently shred it for the benefit of everyone.

I'll try not to catspam but here's a great example of catmouflage. I noticed her while I was sat on the sofa (which is why she looks so far away) and fortunately not when I went to put my feet up on that chair.

catmouflage.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Just got to work to find out we've actually had to call an emergency tree surgeon out. Thank you all for manifesting this ❤

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
No way Tunnelly, I found a copy of Molecular Cell Biology in the shop I went in yesterday which was one of the textbooks on my course. Biochemists around the country giving up in unison. I'd have keeled over if it was Stryer 😰 if you come across a copy please softly, gently shred it for the benefit of everyone.

I'll try not to catspam but here's a great example of catmouflage. I noticed her while I was sat on the sofa (which is why she looks so far away) and fortunately not when I went to put my feet up on that chair.

View attachment 1376184
No such thing as cat spam, especially when it's sweetie Side Cat. She has true personal cat beauty and elegance.
I have nothing but love for Susan but she really doesn't have an ounce of grace or mystery about her like TS Junior does.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
No such thing as cat spam, especially when it's sweetie Side Cat. She has true personal cat beauty and elegance.
I have nothing but love for Susan but she really doesn't have an ounce of grace or mystery about her like TS Junior does.
Hard agree. You can’t have too many cat pics.
Every time I think of my cat he shows up yelling about something or other. I’d like to think he’s psychic but more likely it’s because I think of nothing else. Stopped clock is right twice a day kinda thing.

• Heart
Hard agree. You can’t have too many cat pics.
Every time I think of my cat he shows up yelling about something or other. I’d like to think he’s psychic but more likely it’s because I think of nothing else. Stopped clock is right twice a day kinda thing.
I've often thought the same, I feel like I can psychically summon my little one, whereas my wife's cat prefers the element of surprise. She spent all of last night periodically jumping through the bedroom window and running along the headboard yelling at me. Not a clue why.

• Haha
I've often thought the same, I feel like I can psychically summon my little one, whereas my wife's cat prefers the element of surprise. She spent all of last night periodically jumping through the bedroom window and running along the headboard yelling at me. Not a clue why.
Let me gues...the Ragdoll, right? 😂

• Haha
Honestly although I made a joke about it I do think there is something in that .I can wake up in the middle of the night and he’s there at the door or I’ll open the window and he’s strolling up the street. I don’t get this with his sister,my other wee one .

• Heart
I get butterflies in my stomach of excitement when I go to TK maxx . I love a rummage and I love seeing the home stuff as well as the skincare.
I miss going to TK Maxx (none here). Looking through the shoes, if you were lucky there'd be some Irregular Choice ones!

...which would then be unwearably painful, but tit happens.

• Haha
  • Heart
image.jpg
At the moment it’s tea time so they’re both hanging about. No psychic vibes required where food is involved.

• Heart
  • Haha
I miss going to TK Maxx (none here). Looking through the shoes, if you were lucky there'd be some Irregular Choice ones!

...which would then be unwearably painful, but tit happens.
Oh god yeah . I’ve had my fair share of footwear from there.

So slinky! I love black cats. Have you seen the Share My Cat thread?
Full of gorgeous cats and nice people.
Omg that’s brilliant. Thank you !

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.