Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I use a rough, hot, hot flannel.

Anyone else?
Never done that! I just wash and rinse. I've started using a serum and eye cream this year, only because I was #gifted a skincare pack at Christmas. I didn't even use moisturiser until I was 25 as my skin was really oily and zit-prone. I have a ripper of a zit on my chin now actually.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sorry for the whiplash.

We are watching Elbow (I thought the song they were playing sounded like Nightswimming) and have just got into a massive argument (slight exaggeration but, 😶) about how the likes of REM are never to be repeated and some bands nowadays just aren’t the same quality.

I have been told in no uncertain terms that I can’t comment on music because I like Matchbox 20.

I’ll stick to books. Any takers on the treasure chest?

Treasure island?

ETA- fantastic detective work. Now you can find out why Jack didn’t turn up today.
Matchbox 20 is a regular *CD to clean to* in this house along with Dave Matthews Band and a stack of 90s randoms. We can sit together.

Eta.. Thinking of you @HotesTilaire. Go gentle on yourself 💕

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
I made botulism garlic confit today in a madness of inspiration.

In 6-8 months I shall update on whether I have used it.
I used to be in the habit of doing this regularly (I think following very clear and simple instructions from Anna Jones in the Guardian) and it was simple and delicious, and made me feel organised, and then one time it just went disastrously wrong resulting in a horrible lingering stench and I felt like an idiot, so have not done it for ages - plus good fresh garlic is one of the things that I've found it difficult to get hold of over the past few years, even the veg bag bulbs seem old and tough?

Reactions: 15
Never done that! I just wash and rinse. I've started using a serum and eye cream this year, only because I was #gifted a skincare pack at Christmas. I didn't even use moisturiser until I was 25 as my skin was really oily and zit-prone. I have a ripper of a zit on my chin now actually.
Sorry. My humour. I was mimicking a certain JM.

I am an idiot.

😔

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Sorry. My humour. I was mimicking a certain JM.

I am an idiot.

😔
Oh my god. I feel like a goose telling you about my skin regime and post menopausal acne now! I usually get your jokes but I'm a bit slow tonight. I'm an idiot too, let's be friends 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
I think I’ve reached a new work low.

Microsoft Viva Insights has scheduled me a break, weep. My manager is still absent so picking up extra hours to get through the work.

@Into_the_tunnel I nearly replied ‘Hi Auntie Sue’ but wasn’t sure the joke would translate! She swears by soap and a rough hot flannel and in summer will push the boat out include SPF🧴.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thinking of you and your family, Hotes x

I don't wear make up at all, so my skincare regime consists of a thick layer of old-fashioned Nivea blue pot slapped on first thing before I walk the dogs and that's it. Not too wrinkly yet, at 46, though I expect a dermatologist would be horrified at the state of it.

Had a message from my neighbour to say the shearers are coming to our village tomorrow afternoon, so as soon as I finish work I have to go and find the ladies and persuade them to come back in off the hill.
One of my clients is 102 with lovely skin and all she has ever used is blue pot nivea

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The Lacura range at Aldi are really good products and cruelty free in most cases for skincare. Availability is a problem sometimes, so if you like something, bulk buy a couple.

The rose smelling one is gorgeous.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Agree with @Orphan_Black that Lacura is fab. Their eyeshadow palettes are great Urban Decay dupes too.

If you only do one thing for your skin, make sure it's apply SPF every day. I do this every morning and moisturise with Lacura Q10 cream at night. I also use Paula's Choice Salicylic Acid as I get a lot of sebum build up. But aside from makeup remover that's it. Any more steps and I know I won't follow them.

Also - hi everyone 👋 Been following along.

Thoughts are with you @HotesTilaire at the mo xxx

• Heart
The Lacura range at Aldi are really good products and cruelty free in most cases for skincare. Availability is a problem sometimes, so if you like something, bulk buy a couple.

The rose smelling one is gorgeous.
Their vitamin c serum is brilliant - smells ok too. I also like their smashbox make up primer dupe too @LavaFlake. Agree on the availability issue too, sometimes available on the website but think you have to order £XX to qualify for free delivery so may not make it worth it?

Agree with @Orphan_Black that Lacura is fab. Their eyeshadow palettes are great Urban Decay dupes too.

If you only do one thing for your skin, make sure it's apply SPF every day. I do this every morning and moisturise with Lacura Q10 cream at night. I also use Paula's Choice Salicylic Acid as I get a lot of sebum build up. But aside from makeup remover that's it. Any more steps and I know I won't follow them.

@HotesTilaire at the mo xxx
I think BIB is so true - it’s finding out what works for you and doing that - as with so much in life.

Apologies really tit quality pics but Mr Beds remembered to fill the bird feeder and the birds have been going mental for it today. Squint and you can make out the birds which camouflage into the fence 😂.

2E59B75F-9E7F-42EC-8683-5D07EA60BDDB.jpeg
851E506C-D661-4F10-83B0-666C29C2512B.jpeg

• Heart
Been slowly grunking the MT and missing out on this one, which is definitely better, must do this the other way around next time.

Big hugs to anyone that needs one, you're all such a lovely bunch and have made this mithering ninny both hoot and "open up and say... awww" many a time. The world is defintely a better place for you lot and your animal photos and chat.

How I imagine you all taking photos....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Their eyeshadow palettes are great Urban Decay dupes too.
Yeah, def a shout out to the make up range too!

The fake under eye concealer is just as good as the pricey named one, and love their mascaras. They are so bloody cheap for cruelty free products too!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Can anyone recommend a good daily moisturiser with spf in it? I wash my face with a charcoal soap in the mornings and that's it for a routine, unless I'm feeling faaaaancy and put some coloured mascara and red 💄 (as recommended by lady doctors) on for going out. I never managed to work out how to do make up properly.

P.s. Potatoes are awesome

• Heart
Can anyone recommend a good daily moisturiser with spf in it? I wash my face with a charcoal soap in the mornings and that's it for a routine, unless I'm feeling faaaaancy and put some coloured mascara and red 💄 (as recommended by lady doctors) on for going out. I never managed to work out how to do make up properly.

I am FANCY and use La Roche Posay which is priced between £10-20. It's mega lightweight and provides excellent uva and uvb protection. Hopefully a more savvy frau can also recommend a cheaper option too!

• Heart

Another vote here for La Roche Posay but in part as my skin can be on the sensitive side and I hate the feel of a lot of sun creams (not just on my face). I also use a Beauty Pie one which I love but appreciate not all are into BP as it’s a subscription service.

Garnier facial SPF gets a lot of good reviews and seems to be everywhere too - available in Boots etc. They do a ‘fluid’ one and a more traditional cream but both appear to get good reviews and around £7-£12 depending where you purchase.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.