Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Even on the Sali Hughes threads people who have put all that tit on their face get bored with it, then give up and just wash it with a wet flannel in the end. It’s all marketing palaver.
Although I do have a quartz roller because it feels lovely on your face (or on your feet on a hot day)
My relative isn’t going to pull through. I said goodbyes and got home for a rest, as I’ll need to be back in a few weeks for the funeral. I’ll probably be having a grunk, but if you don’t see me around, that’s why.

This is my image of a canal group hug 🤗

edit as we are a canal now

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Cuddles from Sideboard Cat for Hotes ❤ She has just fully eaten some sort of insect that she caught out of the window so try not to think about that too much.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thinking of you Hotes ❤ I'm glad you had the opportunity to say goodbye to your relative but very sorry that it was necessary.

Also much love to anyone else who's having a difficult time, for big or small reasons, and delighted to see that Sideboard Cat is home. I haven't seen her before, what a gorgeous little punk!

I fear I have done a slop of Jackesque proportions today. I had the (ingenious, I thought) idea of blending a charred aubergine and mixing it with pesto for pasta sauce, only once it was burned I realised it was far too smoky and would completely overpower the dish, so I decided to make that chilli recipe everyone raves about instead. Then I discovered part way through that I didn't have all the ingredients, including the tomatoes which are pretty essential, so was looking round my kitchen for anything acidic that would go with lentils. After a moment of sheer desperation where I was actually debating whether a chopped nectarine would be better than nothing, I remembered the random jars of Eastern European pickles I panic bought in March 2020 when I thought the shops might run out of fruit and veg, and found a jar of peppers that expired eight months ago and was covered in a thick layer of dust. My delicious recipe for feta and botulism chilli (0.7p) will be posted when I'm less BUSY.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I made botulism garlic confit today in a madness of inspiration.

In 6-8 months I shall update on whether I have used it.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Do people really do this? Layer upon layer. Isn't sun screen a moisturiser? So many questions.
Am I just feral? :)

To some extent - give or take some elements. Like @Nottonightbabe because I like it/enjoy trying new things. Though I give Sali Hughes (amongst others) a wide berth as they’re just grifting. It’s also my way of forcing myself to have five mins of self-care.

Sorry to hear your news @HotesTilaire - thinking of you and your family.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I am scared of spiders, but Qi are talking about sparkle muffin peacock dancing spiders with rainbow bottoms.

• Wow
Thinking of you and your family, Hotes x

I don't wear make up at all, so my skincare regime consists of a thick layer of old-fashioned Nivea blue pot slapped on first thing before I walk the dogs and that's it. Not too wrinkly yet, at 46, though I expect a dermatologist would be horrified at the state of it.

Had a message from my neighbour to say the shearers are coming to our village tomorrow afternoon, so as soon as I finish work I have to go and find the ladies and persuade them to come back in off the hill.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thinking of you and your family, Hotes x

I don't wear make up at all, so my skincare regime consists of a thick layer of old-fashioned Nivea blue pot slapped on first thing before I walk the dogs and that's it. Not too wrinkly yet, at 46, though I expect a dermatologist would be horrified at the state of it.

Had a message from my neighbour to say the shearers are coming to our village tomorrow afternoon, so as soon as I finish work I have to go and find the ladies and persuade them to come back in off the hill.
Some people, think sheep shearers are akin to tree surgeons, especially the antipodean variety

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I had to share this photo of my boys, they're sitting nicely together without Pooh either cleaning Thor or suffocating him with hugs.
No heckin' bork borks from da floofs.
9C20B2E1-969E-43A3-916A-8D080AECC28C.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 36
There is a my naughty little sister story where she has chicken pox and is cheered up by some old dears treasure box. After I had children I discovered the little sister wasn't very naughty , just curious
That was the one, yes! It’s so interesting looking back and realising these things about stories.

I had to share this photo of my boys, they're sitting nicely together without Pooh either cleaning Thor or suffocating him with hugs.
No heckin' bork borks from da floofs.
View attachment 1375243
I for one welcome our new cat overlords.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Book chat. I feel I owe everyone an apology.

Yesterday was busy in the shop with students dumping stuff their parents refused to fit in their car, but I spied (and I am almost afraid to tell you this) a box set of EB books. One was missing though. After my lovely EB and ladybird story and now this. The shame.

We did get someone in asking when we were going to start stocking Stephen King books. Um. Not a library. They come in, they go. We also got (Traumy S- I think you were on the same page as me on this) a Molecular Biology of the Cell handed in. I almost had to leave due to the flashbacks (at least it wasn’t Stryer’s Biochemistry- I would have had to go for a swim in the river to properly calm down).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Even on the Sali Hughes threads people who have put all that tit on their face get bored with it, then give up and just wash it with a wet flannel in the end. It’s all marketing palaver.
Although I do have a quartz roller because it feels lovely on your face (or on your feet on a hot day)
My relative isn’t going to pull through. I said goodbyes and got home for a rest, as I’ll need to be back in a few weeks for the funeral. I’ll probably be having a grunk, but if you don’t see me around, that’s why.
Take care Hotes ♥

• Heart
Sending huggos and thoughtos @HotesTilaire ♥ I hope you’re as okay as you can be!
19F6A4D0-7C81-42A8-A804-20B78D4A05C4.jpeg

Cece was obviously cold in the night and came and got under the covers with me, woke up to this 🤍

Also I’m really into my skincare, I get very ichy dry skin if I don’t look after it and it’s very sensitive so I’ve tried a lot of different approaches, but I’ve realised that my face feels/looks best when I don’t slap a million products on it! Just a toner and a moisturiser. That’s me though 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.