Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I wanted to talk about this on the MT but then thought it was too off topic and a bit me-raily. But I wish people realised that it can actually be nice being single. And sometimes just talking time to not be with anyone is a really positive thing.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m so happy for everyone I know in happy relationships, it‘s a beautiful thing. But I’ve been single for a couple of years now, and I’m ok with it. Also my head isn’t in the right place just now.

Sorry, I don’t know where I’m going with this, it’s just really dawned on me that “society” thinks if you’re not in a relationship, you must be looking for one, but that’s always the case.
Exactly @Sideboard Bob, when my husband & I split I constantly got told I’ll meet someone else soon and to funnily enough get myself on Tinder but as I think I’ve said on here I really enjoy being single and having my little flat to myself and not having to justify treating myself to a new bath mat or an ornament.
I’m actually meant to be going on a date on Friday and seriously thinking of rearranging him because it’s Stranger Things day, it sounds awful but I’m kind of regretting accepting the offer I don’t think my heart is in it.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

kachoochoo

VIP Member
Look at her though! She's gorgeous. She's got that smug-arse cat face on too.
she is the smuggest, most content kitty I've ever met

I believe she came from a shelter in Birmingham when my dad and stepmum lived down there a few years ago. she now has an older brother and two little brothers and they all live in this huge house in the middle of nowhere in Northumberland, with a massive garden and adjacent fields to play in

and, yeah, people routinely say that she's their fave cat of the four of them

I mean, look at her!
20220709_232237.jpg

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
You're having the time of your life there! Please give each sweet baby a stroke from me!
certainly can for the eldest 2! if I get hold of the 2 little boys, I will do too! ❤

anyhoo, this is the repository for emergency toiletries in my dad and stepmum's guest bathroom, thought you lads might appreciate it

20220706_205144.jpg

and the eau de nil ribbon? tied to the aga (yes, they are extremely posh and we are deep in the countryside and we have to boil the kettle for 20mins whenever we want a cup of tea)

20220706_205030.jpg
p

• Haha
  • Heart

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
I was extremely happy being single for years. Watching friends go through the grind of dating apps and constant first dates looks exhausting and demoralising for the most part. I decided ages ago not to actively look for a relationship and that suited me fine.

(Mr Pixie was a literal love-at-first-sight situation for me, though I'd never inflate his ego by telling him that :ROFLMAO: I still didn't pursue him though - he made a move several months after we met and I was so surprised that my feelings were reciprocated that I decided to give things a go)

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
Ok so boring bloke update (so boring no need for a spoiler)
We were both in London this week but our schedule's could not align. I had some sad news and he was so lovely, he changed meetings to spend time with me, just an hour, but a huge amount of his day. I am torn. We have no future plans but he is always there in the moment.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
Sending hugs @Into_the_tunnel Jack is so harmful with her words.
Thank you. ❤ It’s just been a weird few days, exacerbated by the MT. It is also difficult to express oneself without hurting or annoying others- I don’t want to always come across as the “naive one” or the one who continually bangs the same drum.

(Hotes, thinking of you and Traumy S-piddly weights came into the shop- it’s like we are selling stuff for you, obviously not the piddly bit, I mean the weights!)

• Heart

jordishaw

Chatty Member
Elephant Shrew facts for Facturday - currently reading along but not commenting because in real life also dealing with organising a funeral etc for my much loved, much missed parent. It's weird how (in my experience at least) in the early days you don't feel hungry at all, but when you do eat everything is oddly delicious ( so neighbours bringing food are so much appreciated!). What with all the news it's been a surreal week, thank you all for the safe place!
Screenshot_20220709-064428_kindlephoto-376974424.png

• Heart

Wooh

VIP Member
The Denver airport web page about the conspiracy theories is clever, clever

I am the luckiest Tattler tonight. Worked this afternoon/evening at the yoga retreat kitchen, and chef was preparing her Mexican style dinner. (I'm now a champion corn tortilla maker, by the way, under her tutelage.)

So I'm now enjoying a supper of vegan Mex: black beans, sweet potato, a sunflower kernel creamy sauce, red cabbage and fennel slaw, radish slices, brown rice, the freshest coriander picked this morning. It is a feast of local, seasonal fresh colours and tastes. Mmmm!

So nice to be back at work after a week of floods and the common cold, and plenty of leftovers for lunch.

Here's a tortilla, coloured with a little beetroot juice.
Screenshot_20220711-220127_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
  • Heart

Sglodion

Chatty Member
Well I survived the botulism chilli - it was actually really tasty, can definitely recommend the addition of pickled peppers (although preferably in date ones) - but I'm pretty sure I have covid. I'm not too ill (yet) but I'm gutted because I was meant to be meeting friends on Monday who I haven't seen since they moved to Asia over a year ago, and it's the only day on their whole trip to England that they're free. I'm going to go and stay with them in the summer so it's not really too bad, but I'm still sad that I'll now probabky have to wait another two months.

Haven't caught up on the MT yet, although a friend just texted me to say Jack's on Tinder so I'm guessing that's what all this is all about, but I agree that being single is awesome. I really enjoy not having to compromise any aspect of my life to accommodate someone else's wishes. I met a guy a few years ago who was straight, single and normal (a rare combination in your 30s!) who I love very much and occasionally sleep with, but we'd never work in a proper relationship because we have completely incompatible life goals - I want to do loads of travelling, try new things and basically live the high life for as long as I can, and he wants to live in his childhood home staying close to his kids and huge extended family and progress through the ranks of his stable career. It occurred to me recently that if either of us thought being single was a problem we'd likely have reasoned that we were each other's best shot and tried to make it work anyway, and that's probably how a lot of people end up stuck in unhappy marriages resenting each other ten years down the line.

Getting Vietnam-style flashbacks at the mention of Molecular Biology of the Cell btw - I'd quite happily buried that book in the back of my subconscious for the last ten years.

• Heart

Geetbo

VIP Member
Oh your cat pictures are making me want my own. However as I have 3 dogs that’s probably not sensible. Especially as the puppy is going through an annoying stage of biting all things.

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
Dearest @Sideboard Bob I hope you are feeling a bit better and less discombobulated (see what I did there?) today.

This is from my favourite roadside attraction museum and I love it so much, I have this photo in 16x20 framed on my living room wall. Feels very apt for the F&D thread

5EBEDF24-6928-45A4-A82F-6ABEEF4ECEDC.jpeg

Also, good morning to all from Humid, USA from handsome selfie Vali cat (and me!)
7BBCD3AE-3CFC-49D5-A192-114B0016B206.jpeg

• Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
I've not had a proper grunk yet, it's awful of me to jump in here, advice welcome... for a friend
My friend, didn't get the job they wanted (it went to an internal candidate), but good news, another quick, short term opportunity is starting tomorrow.
This friend's partner is giving them a whole load of nasty shit, implying they are being unfaithful, all this the evening before they start their new job.
All unfaithful claims starting in the last half hour.
What's everyone's take on this?
Thank you x
🚩 red flag 🚩

The times that I have been accused of being unfaithful without any foundation (and always untrue), it turned out in 100% of instances that the cheater was the accuser.

• Sad
  • Heart

Kittypops

VIP Member
I've not had a proper grunk yet, it's awful of me to jump in here, advice welcome... for a friend
My friend, didn't get the job they wanted (it went to an internal candidate), but good news, another quick, short term opportunity is starting tomorrow.
This friend's partner is giving them a whole load of nasty shit, implying they are being unfaithful, all this the evening before they start their new job.
Thank you x

• Sad
  • Wow

kachoochoo

VIP Member
the turn from a few weeks ago is back on at the pub over the road

I SHAN'T live tattle again, but, imagine if you will, a beautiful summer's evening here, beverage in hand, balcony door wide open and you hear the faint strains of an acoustic sweet home alabama 😬

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
Thank you x
I'm trying to phrase this carefully due to not wanting to assume gender, so for the sake of readability, let's call them AP (Angry Partner) and NP (Nice Partner).

AP sounds like a dick, particularly given the timing. Without knowing that much about the situation, could it be that AP likes to be in control, and is lashing out because they feel that the new job is taking NP's attention away?

It's really a red flag, especially when NP is already feeling nervous I'm sure.

Congrats to NP by the way, I hope the job goes well and leads to more opportunities in the future!

• Heart
Reactions: 26