Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Yay we're Covid Twins, Nottonightbabe. Got my first positive today. Hope yours is mild and doesn't make your dinner taste like metal.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Thank you lovely - it's tough and v sensitive so don't want to overstep boundaries! Xx
How well do you know her OH? Would you be able to message him, not to tell him about the drink/drugs but tentatively ask how she is, you'd noticed she didn't seem herself the other day, is all ok etc? Might open the door to a discussion without you betraying her confidence, and get her OH looking a bit closer if he hasn't noticed anything (some men can be very oblivious!)

• Heart

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
I’ve just had little possum on the porch this morning eating the leftover cat food!

Apologies for the blurry pics, I had to run to the other end of the house to get my phone so was rushing before IT LEFT. (First pic is full-on through the window bug screen BTW, I’m not living in some high security criminal facility)

F656104A-69AD-472B-8B0C-027E6129007E.jpeg

169CDDC3-6811-42C4-9CF6-0FDC41771729.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow

kachoochoo

VIP Member
you'd better believe I'll be joining in the catto spammo next week when we're up in the proper north with 4 kitties!

• Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
@Sideboard Bob I hope you're ok, wishing you heaps of strength and sending positive thoughts xX

No one get me started on internal application interview. I used to work in academia and it was soul crushing realising the job was never up for grabs in the first place, so disheartening, it's one of the reasons I decided it wasn't for me tbh but the more fake interviews you attend the more practice you get, people know your name, if you email for feedback they'll often think of you for another vacancy... It's not all a waste of time.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Lads I almost forgot to celebrate Sideboard Cat's seven year adoptaversary! I can't remember which photo I shared before of her when she was a kitten so you might be getting recycled material. I think she was 12 weeks old here? How was that seven years ago (obviously I know how, relentless linear passage of time etc.)

View attachment 1402019
Happy adoptaversary beautiful Sideboard Cat 🐈😻🎉 I hope you’re having a lovely day, being very sweet to your owner and having fun with your funny toys!

Also sorry for the double post but

Just want to say @Into_the_tunnel I hope you’re ok. You don’t have to respond or anything, it’s just that I know JM’s words (understandably) got to you the other day.

Thinking of you lovely, and I really hope you’re being kind to yourself.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

MistyWindows

VIP Member
May I call upon the might of the ninnies today?

I have a job interview this morning for something I really, really want to get.

With the power of the fraus standing shoulder-to-shoulder with me, a mere simple kitten, I would feel able to shine and be the best version of myself.

I'm really nervous, typing this from the bath, unable to read my research notes one more time.

Thankyou
I really hope you get it too lovely one! From my experience, any decent employer knows how scary interviews are and takes that into account! If not they’re a twat to be honest 😂
7BDBE5BC-C478-48C8-9AB1-814596555F3C.jpeg

In terms of pet death, this quote has always stuck with me a lot 🤍

• Heart
  • Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Thank you, what happened was he ordered his steak medium and when it arrived you could hear the thing still mooing on the plate. But he was going to still eat it and said it didn’t matter, but I called the waiter over and I wasn’t nasty or anything I just said excuse me but he ordered his steak medium and I think there’s been a mix up. The waiter was fine about it apologised and got him another but when he took his plate away, my date looked at me a bit scared and said “you’re not shy are you? So I was thinking maybe I should of left him to eat his dinner. I swear to any waiter/waitress on here I’m not a massive Karen but I’m the one who’d rather say excuse me this isn’t right, rather than say everything is lovely, never go back and bitch about them to everyone.

I'm like your date, hate making scenes and asking for things to be changed. My OH is like you. And yes, I cringe every time he 'white knights' my dinner plate, I'm really glad he does actually. He is never rude, always really polite, and that's all it needs.

Honestly, I'm the type of person to not say or eat anything, and then when they collect the plate, I'll then apologise for 'not feeling that hungry'. I was hungry, that's why I was ordering food! As long as you're polite about it though, please keep saving meek folks like me and your date!

• Heart

Sglodion

Chatty Member
Wow - everyone has so much news, good and bad, its difficult to keep up with the thread sometimes. I do read everyone's posts, just don't always get a chance to reply to people individually as often as I'd like. I think it goes to show what a supportive place this is that everyone feels comfortable sharing so many life events with the canal ❤ Big 🤗 to Hotes, Bob, JCC and anyone else who needs or wants one.

On a completely unrelated and much more trivial note, I went to a pizza restaurant today and the pizza was great but it turned out that for some reason they'd put Sichuan peppercorns in the grinder. It was... quite the choice. (Or possibly an accident by someone who didn't know the difference. Either way, made for a very odd pizza experience.)

• Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
I think that's a good call with your friend/friend's OH. At the very least if he hasn't noticed anything wrong, it might give him a nudge. She may not be replying to you because she feels embarrassed/ashamed? I hope she reaches out soon ❤

With the dogs and ice thing, I've heard of people making tasty ice licks for dogs (with low salt meat stock etc), however have also heard conflicting opinions on whether it's ok for them. 🤷
Yeah that's my thinking too - she's one of those people who puts on a persona of being totally in control and I think me seeing past that has freaked her out a bit. If everything does come out now I know she will be furious at me but tbh I'd rather lose the friendship and know she is getting the support she needs than pretend like nothings wrong and carry on as normal (although with her not talking to me atm things aren't like nothings changed!) A huge and probably selfish thought I kept having is how I would miss her so much if she didn't want to be my friend anymore if I 'outed' her so to speak but I then realised I'd rather her be well and healthy without me in her life than carrying on in this way and risking her health with me still in the picture. I'm probably thinking too much into it but I love her and just want her to be happy and healthy.

Re dog heat, that's the issue, I've read similar but also conflicting opinions! It's really hard to work out what is legit and what is scaremongering online isn't it!

• Heart

panda_eyes

VIP Member
Been slowly grunking the MT and missing out on this one, which is definitely better, must do this the other way around next time.

Big hugs to anyone that needs one, you're all such a lovely bunch and have made this mithering ninny both hoot and "open up and say... awww" many a time. The world is defintely a better place for you lot and your animal photos and chat.

How I imagine you all taking photos....

• Heart
  • Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
When I first saw this picture I was so confused because I thought Roger Daltrey was Dean Gaffney for a minute!

2350BE23-0B76-47FF-8167-3089C429E690.jpeg

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
KCC I'm buzzing for these four cats, you've hyped them up so much. You're like Flava Flav for cats. Pawblic enemy #1.
there's a tuxedo cat (who's apparently not well ☹, but he's getting on a bit) a squiggles (tortie and white, only girl cat, but very definitely in charge) cat, a boy tabby who's terrified of everything and a black baby who loves the cat tree

I will be spamming you all with cat content in the next week (subject to signal. my dad and stepmum live in a place where phone reception routinely goes down to 3g)

• Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Congratulations @Jay-cloth Cow and now we all do have an occasion to buy a hat.

Where are we all going on your hen do then? I was thinking Redcar?
Oh either Redcar or Southend for sure!! Or maybe Edinburgh to go to one of those independent restaurants, dishoom or 5 guys!

ETA or London so we can go to groucho and abuse Jude Law.

• Haha
  • Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
You guys.. I've had such a week. It cost us $300 to take Pooh to the vet, it was my (late mum's birthday on the 1st and I'm missing her. I'm overwhelmed. Thank @PunkyMonkey and @BubbleDuck. I hope your kindness comes back tenfold and your gods bless you.
A couple of years ago I was out for my birthday and I asked the barman if I'd missed the happy hour; when he said no I expressed my relief and told him that I was celebrating my birthday and now I could try more cocktails.

After our first round he brought over a free shot of the most expensive tequila they had, for everyone at my table, just because I didn't ask.

That stuck with me, and although I like to help people who ask for things I'm more aware of those who don't <3

• Heart