Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Afternoon all 😊
Have been absent from here again, so thought I should pop back in for a bit. No idea what went on in the last thread, but hope you're all ok ❤

I am shattered today and can't seem to muster energy for anything. Have the house to myself apart from a grouchy cat who is not happy that I stopped her from killing a vole. She was extra displeased when I shut her back indoors and took the opportunity to do her wormer spot-on 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 30
So pleased to see little friend Sidey Cat back with you, Traumy S. Give her little head a scratch from me . 🐾

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Hello all! I survived my first ever camping trip and the OH (etc) and I still like each other. Can't face the MT grunk rn, though I've been trying. Assume Jack's still a massive knobend?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Hello all! I survived my first ever camping trip and the OH (etc) and I still like each other. Can't face the MT grunk rn, though I've been trying. Assume Jack's still a massive knobend?
She's out-twatted herself. I'm still grunking (can't sleep) and man oh man.
Bet you can't wait to sleep in your own bed ♥

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Do people really do this? Layer upon layer. Isn't sun screen a moisturiser? So many questions.
Am I just feral? :)

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
All the book talk inspired me to go to my local Oxfam to see if they had any books with good illustrations to use as inspiration/references. I didn't get A Pictorial History of Canal Craft but I did buy Animals Without Backbones. It's so fascinating that there's always such a random assortment of books that you'd never normally look at. I once got one about soviet psychiatry and another about (shame) tanks.

Is it bad that my skincare is ...nothing? Maybe when I hit 40 I'll start crumpling like an old potato.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Do people really do this? Layer upon layer. Isn't sun screen a moisturiser? So many questions.
Am I just feral? :)

I do a few layers of things (when PMDD isn't hitting - then my face is lucky to see a flannel 😑). That's more though because I quite enjoy skincare, and trying different bits and pieces. I guess a bit like how some people are into make-up? I'm not obsessive about it though.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Even on the Sali Hughes threads people who have put all that tit on their face get bored with it, then give up and just wash it with a wet flannel in the end. It’s all marketing palaver.
Although I do have a quartz roller because it feels lovely on your face (or on your feet on a hot day)
My relative isn’t going to pull through. I said goodbyes and got home for a rest, as I’ll need to be back in a few weeks for the funeral. I’ll probably be having a grunk, but if you don’t see me around, that’s why.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
Even on the Sali Hughes threads people who have put all that tit on their face get bored with it, then give up and just wash it with a wet flannel in the end. It’s all marketing palaver.
Although I do have a quartz roller because it feels lovely on your face (or on your feet on a hot day)
My relative isn’t going to pull through. I said goodbyes and got home for a rest, as I’ll need to be back in a few weeks for the funeral. I’ll probably be having a grunk, but if you don’t see me around, that’s why.
I am so sorry for you and your family. Sending hugs Hotes. Come back when you are ready. We will be here when you need us xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 25
This is a long-shot but does anyone remember a children’s book (maybe from the 50s or 60s?) where a little girl had a treasure box?

It was filled with things like a tiny music box, a little kaleidoscope, shiny buttons, maybe a little doll? It was so cute! I remember loving all the details as a kid. I can’t even remember if the treasure box was the main story or just part of it.
There is a my naughty little sister story where she has chicken pox and is cheered up by some old dears treasure box. After I had children I discovered the little sister wasn't very naughty , just curious

This rings a vague bell but I can't place it. Will keep thinking! Another vote for Moondial and Tom's Midnight Garden here, plus Minnow on the Say by the same author. My favourite book at that age was Carbonel, about a girl who accidentally buys a witch's cat and has lots of adventures with him. Think it was a bit obscure though because no-one else remembers it.

ETA that Sideboard Cat is magnificent, and I'm so pleased she's back with you, @traumatised sideboard .
I loved Carbonel, think there were three books in all including his Kittens. From memory they may have been French translations the pharmacy and market square never seemed very British

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sending love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Aw Hotesy T, thinking about you.

I had my weekend away with no signal or wifi. I think the done thing is to wank on about how edifying it is to be free from our self-made technological prisons, but it was actually highly inconvenient for lots of boring reasons - not least when it came to reporting the cow that escaped and started to munch on a field of potatoes.

Anywayyyyy, here's a picture of my ginger boy giving my foot a high five in his sleep.
WP_20140627_001.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Oh Hotes, I’m so sorry ❤ Look after yourself, you know we’re all thinking of you x

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Oh Hotes I’m so sorry sending love to you & your family ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
All the book talk inspired me to go to my local Oxfam to see if they had any books with good illustrations to use as inspiration/references. I didn't get A Pictorial History of Canal Craft but I did buy Animals Without Backbones. It's so fascinating that there's always such a random assortment of books that you'd never normally look at. I once got one about soviet psychiatry and another about (shame) tanks.

Is it bad that my skincare is ...nothing? Maybe when I hit 40 I'll start crumpling like an old potato.
I have hit potato stage :( not sure what to do

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Hotes, hope it all goes as well as these things can. (I assume the worst in such situations based on own family). The cat sends a furry cuddle.
And light heartedly, if you need a list of meaty based restaurants in South Liverpool to avoid, I really am the person to ask as they are my stomping grounds...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.