Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
Stay cool and safe, frauen! (or warm and safe - choose as appropriate).

A temperate (!) 27 for us today, but expecting 31 tomorrow. Fortunately working from home for the foreseeable!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

colouredlines

VIP Member
I had an ex many years ago who was always dragging me to the cinema to watch superhero films, which I hated. Since I broke up with him eight years ago, I've been once, to see a documentary about Maradona.

TBH I very rarely watch movies, even at home. I love watching series, but films...eh.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Oh do get directly to fuck ST you fabulous, sparkling human!
May your day be filled with a truly wild selection of ice lollies and your body behave itself so you don't have to.
Much love to you 💞

@MaineCoonMama just been grunking the MT, do you have a Kindle or e-reader of some kind?
Yes, I have a kindle app on my iPad.
Happy Birthday Sweetie T and Cookie Junior!

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I was thinking about this, but honestly I am terrfied to try and pick it up (first as I said I hate birds, but also to do mroe damage :( , it looks like its wing is broken

This actually sounds like my nightmare scenario, something akin to the fever dream that Round the Twist usually was :ROFLMAO:
Maybe google or YouTube might be handy for hints on how to handle the bird? I've picked up birds before using an old towel. Perhaps call a vet and ask for advice? I hope the poor thing is ok.

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
LOVE shapes, if anyone who lives in London has seen them anywhere (apart from online) I would be eternally grateful! apart from mamgos they are the one thing (food wise) I miss most from oz!
I swear to god I've seen them in B&M/Home Bargains at one time. Trouble is, they're both random with their stock availability, so may have just been a one time thing.

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
was gonna say I've not been to the cinema since either the first sex and the city movie or the duchess, but sidey t has me beaten there as they were 2008

happiest of birthdays sweetie t! x

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Thanks to @Captainmouse for reminding me of this thread.
I do enjoy it here when I come over but I rarely look at my notifications so it sometimes slips my mind to look for it.
we’re dog-sitting our old neighbour’s dog for a few days. JM could never. I won’t list all of his ailments because it would put Jack and some of the fraus to shame.
he’s very old, blind, deaf, no teeth etc etc. our pooch is the same age and a relative picture of health by comparison. The dog guest is lovely but very hard work. I think if I listed his ailments and medicine you’d perhaps agree the kindest thing would be to let him go to the rainbow bridge. It seems they’re keeping him for their own reasons and it’s really sad. Anyway, his medicine makes him so windy 🌬 🫣
You could cut the air in our house with a knife. Our dog isn’t really gassy so I can’t say it’s him.
I’ve come out to the garden for some fresh air and brought both dogs with me.
whilst here I’ve noticed my lupins just haven’t really flowered. It’s the first I’ve had them and they’re in a pot. They flowered once and then nothing.
the plant itself continues to grow but no flowers. Any ideas, fraus?

View attachment 1411440
Are those seed pods on the top? Has it been well watered? Has it been fed? 🤔

Last edited:

Wooh

VIP Member
It is really sad. And knitting is basically pure mathematics: I think it's the most brilliant perfection.

Scotty1976

Chatty Member
Just wanted to give a quick update on my friend situ you were all so kind and helpful about last week (seriously thank you so much). I was away for the weekend but had a mull over in my head - I ended up texting her OH and just basically said hoped I wasn't overstepping the mark but I was worried as she seemed off when I saw her and haven't heard since (still haven't) so if there's anything she (or he) needs, to please let me know and I will do anything I can to help. Only sent last night so will see what he says.

On another, lighter note, I was at a wedding, sat by a lovely couple. Got onto the convo of wedding rings, fraus I absolutely 🦉🍾 when the husband said 'I have a rubber wedding ring I wear most of the time because of my job'. 'What job is that?' I asked. 'I'm a tree surgeon' 🤣🤣

Sadly as lovely as he was, he did not fit what I now know to be the stereotype!

Me again! Been googling but getting conflicting information, either it's great or the worst thing ever and can kill them - as just mentioned in the MT my poor pup is struggling with the heat. Has anyone given ice cubes to their dog to crunch in hot weather? I think pup would love it but probably similar to when you google illness symptoms and are immediately diagnosed as terminal there are pages saying it can be dangerous. She has a frozen carrot she is chowing down on (vet said they are good for teething) but thinking of later when it's even hotter...any thoughts? Maybe pop a couple of cubes in her water rather than give her them as a snack?
Have you tried a cool vest ? We got Honey one from pets at home you can keep it damp and it helps keep them from getting too warm.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
On the topic of sheepos, my mum and I saw some (what Google later told us were) Valais Blacknose in a field once in Scotland. What astonishing creatures. They were so still that we honestly wondered if they were big soft toys. And the distance meant we couldn’t see any detail on their faces. We still talk about them to this day.

View attachment 1383478

ETA not my picture (sadly)
Check out the cost of these rare beasts

• Heart

Lazarus

VIP Member
Are those seed pods on the top? Has it been well watered? Has it been fed? 🥱
It’s been well watered. They look like pods to me but wasn’t sure if I should leave them to open by themselves or what to do with them tbh. I’m really not very green fingered. I buy loads of plants and put them in pots in our yard. I water them regularly and haven’t fed them for a while but will buy food later when I go to the shops.

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
I really like winter the best but even I'm getting a bit tired of it already. I usually go up to my brother's in July -it's always hot up there- but I can't this year as we're meeting at my stepdad's instead. Enjoy your heat wave!
Hot! It's predicted to be 15C first thing Wednesday 😰🌨 We've totally sold out of doonas at work 😂

How is your step dad doing after his fall?

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
definitely going to go and get ice lollies today. might even re live my childhood and get onefrom the van as it comes round. does anyone else still get these? i am always surprised they come round here as i never see anyone buying anything

• Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I seemed to watching secrets of the underground, I have no idea how or why it started, but I do realise it is odd.

I am also partial to the bad skin clinic, but somehow feel that is less odd.
ooh, I love secrets of the underground! helps that tim dunn is 🤤 too

architecture the railways built is good too, abandoned engineering... I can have stuff like that on in the background for hours

• Heart