Food and Drink #29

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come on in, we have ice pops, fully eco-friendly fans and something warming for our upside-down contingent.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Spanish news on the English heatwave:

Screenshot_20220718-133038_Facebook.jpg

(England prepares to go through a true inferno with temperatures over 40°. A country where the vast majority of houses have wall-to-wall carpeting and few have air conditioning. Now they are using their umbrellas as parasols, and the parks in front of Big Ben, normally green, have been destroyed by drought.)

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
What can I do with leftover gravy please? it's currently in the freezer.

Reactions: 11

View attachment 1426371

(England prepares to go through a true inferno with temperatures over 40°. A country where the vast majority of houses have wall-to-wall carpeting and few have air conditioning. Now they are using their umbrellas as parasols, and the parks in front of Big Ben, normally green, have been destroyed by drought.)
Screenshot 2022-07-18 at 12.42.04.jpg

It's too damn hot!

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

View attachment 1426371

It's probably how I'm reading this, but the carpet comment feels very judgemental! Tiled floors would be nice today though And we all live close enough to sit in front of Big Ben.

Surviving well so far. Large insulated mug and large ice cubes, American style beverages here. Vali might know what I mean if I say I'm a Bass Pro fan, my mug is one of their classic Bubba Kegs.

The cat was caught sunbathing before so I've moved her and given her a cat yogurt for moisture. The perks of WFH are sitting in pants (sorry for the image!) and a lunchtime shower.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I had a lunchtime paddling pool dip. I really need to go and do a cold grownup drinks run in preparation for after work.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
If it’s in ice cubes rather than a big frozen block , you can wrap meatball or stuffing mix around it to make gravy bombs.they are a bit like a scotch egg and a lava cake had a delicious gravy baby 😂

my gran used to use leftover gravy as a base for soup. sunday was roast day , Monday was leftover meat salad, Tuesday was leftover meat pie with half the leftover gravy, Wednesday was fridge gravel soup made with the last of the gravy, stock , whatever veg was on the turn and any leftover meat , Thursday was cheese toasties , friday was jacket spud and sat was whatever beige crap was in the freezer . Only deviations from her meal plan was for birthday parties and Christmas Day 😂❤

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
What kind of gravy? Most can be used as a starter for soup, or in place of stock (might need some extra water if it's v salty). Also the base for pies/stews etc. Beef gravy, I've used in place of stock in things like ragu, chilli etc.

Reactions: 14
I'd just have it like a big beefy ice lolly in this weather but I'm sure most people wouldn't.
Otherwise I'd use it as stock but the idea of BubbleDuck's gravy bombs sound AMAZING.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Sharing some of my cold weather with the hot and bothered Canal. We barely cracked 10
degrees today, not completely unusual but we've had a few of those days already and it's normally only one or two per winter.
I'm up at head o'clock as I ate the richest Bailey's cake tonight and it's gone straight through me like Jack made it. I'm too scared to sleep!
Also there are three generously sized MCs in the bed, one of whom is snoring in tandem with my husband. Send ear defender-os. And wheat bags, it's 2 degrees.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Made my Marjorie cat some icy water earlier, popped it outside in the shade. She wandered over, sniffed it, then defiantly went and laid in the sun 😑

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Is anybody actually particularly hungry or in the mood for cooking?

Neither of us have the slightest intention of spending any longer in the kitchen than absolutely necessary; largely to get more chilled water from the fridge.

Just can't imagine willingly using the hob, never mind an oven at this point.

Reactions: 17
Is anybody actually particularly hungry or in the mood for cooking?

Neither of us have the slightest intention of spending any longer in the kitchen than absolutely necessary; largely to get more chilled water from the fridge.

Just can't imagine willingly using the hob, never mind an oven at this point.
No cooking here. Ice cream, maybe sandwiches until the weather turns. Just blowing the froth off a cold one in the pub - had to feed a mates cat and decided I was worth it!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.