Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Remember when Point Horror went dark with the 'unleashed' series?

I still have a couple knocking about!

• Heart
Reactions: 12

colouredlines

VIP Member
I love this, ex-advertising Frauen assemble!

TBH there are a few industries like that where they treat you like shit then constantly tell you how lucky you are to be in such a glamorous, exciting world. I have never regretted getting out even for a second. Having said that, I'm glad I worked there, because if not I'd probably always be thinking "what if..."

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
In response to the car stuff, Lurker Cat has taken to lying on the floor looking sorry for herself...I'm going to hope that's cos of the heat and not because she's about to kick the bucket 😺
Sorry! Tunnel cat was ill. I think neighbourcat is lacking interaction.

Foot. Mouth.

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Live footage of me at work right now

sending ice cream to all! (Or hot tea to those in cold climates!)
We've been told to WFH all week because of the heat. Thank fuck I say, too hot to ride my bike or walk (London pollution in heat is erggggh!) and really didn't like the idea of being on tube in this heat.

The office does have AC though....... 😂

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
@Valiofthedolls I didn’t want to disrupt the MT any further, but basically yes, part of the reason I sometimes think Phoenixes are real is because it’s a real place, (as if that’s how it all works 😬 )

Have you (or anyone here) been to Phoenix?
I‘ve been thinking about Arizona recently because I was listening to the Orb song, “Little Fluffy Clouds”, it’s all about the skies and sunsets in Arizona.

So I looked up Arizona sunsets and… WOW

View attachment 1407510

I went a long time ago and remember it being super hot... I don't think there was that much to do, aside from going to the Grand Canyon!

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I’ve been to a Royal show 🔺 and saw lots of sheepos….amongst other animalos.

Apologies @Falkor I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to breeds but this one made me think of Badger:

View attachment 1382171

Then there was this sheep….I’m really sorry but it made me think of a cow in terms of its head 🐮🐑

View attachment 1382185

There were so many breeds/varieties of sheep:

View attachment 1382223

This one made me think of the sheep from the Usbourne books Farmyard Tales:
View attachment 1382224

The picture does not do justice as to how much of a unit this sheep was.
View attachment 1382225

I love these sheep - behind are some (sorry photo doesn’t show how much) that are so yellow in colour.
View attachment 1382226

I love the fringes on these two!
View attachment 1382227

Also pigs…..can we add pigs into the fold? Little Beds imaginatively named this one ‘Grunty’
View attachment 1382204
This is so lovely! It’s amazing just how many different kinds of sheep there are! It looks like a fun day, and with the pics and captions it’s like you’re walking us through it, chatting away.

@MistyWindows I’m so glad you’re doing better, this thread is the best for animal pictures and sweet people.

• Heart
Oh my God I could not agree more. The most toxic industry by a long stretch. I used to go cry in the toilets at least twice a week because either a client or my boss was horrible to me. I heard my boss say the most vile, racist and sexist shit and noone could do anything about it. It's still such an old boys club and none of them seem to be retiring lol? I have seen people fired in front of me and had to pack their shit up next to me crying hysterically were told to "ignore them unless you want to be next". I remember once having to fly to India for a client meeting where we presented a pile of shit lol but were there for 72 hours over a weekend, flew back to the UK on the Monday and then had clients visiting all week so had 12 hours days stretching into the evenings with dinners. No time in lieu, no overtime, and I was on about 25k as a junior account manager 🥲 doing work way above my pay grade. Also, HTRIA, you're right... what we'd promise in terms of ROI and the quality of the work we delivered and what we charged.... embarrassing. It used to be four figures for an email not even built in something like MailChimp. Daylight robbery lol.
Omg India too - why do so many business trips for them involve India?? I’ve never heard of it happening outside that job! A lot of subcontracts goes out for the admin and even some dev but I remember people being super competitive and bitchy to go on those trips and personally couldn’t think of anything worse (and you’ve confirmed it) 😳😂

Also just to clarify my job/career is fine - didn’t say anything to suggest otherwise about the present 🥴🫠

• Heart

Hayze2384

Chatty Member
Just a note for @Hayze2384 @ContentCrunch and @RaeRae - one way I got around the lack of messaging on here was to wait until my target was online then briefly put an untraceable email address into the "about" on my profile until they confirmed they had it.

I won't out them but I think it worked out pretty well tbh!

Alternatively if there's an NF1 Forum/Community somewhere you could put your usernames into your profiles until you're in touch.

I'm a rare-disease-having Frau and understand the importance of support (the internet really had been a godsend for this) so thought I'd give you my top tip for clandestine hookups!
Thank you that is so kind to direct us to this. I will do just that. ❤

• Heart

Charitas

Chatty Member
So kind of you to think of us. It’s a new world to navigate for sure. He was diagnosed *actually autistic* ( in reference to JM autism) last September and they said if he gets any more cafe au lait marks appear go back so we did he got an extra 4 in that year and now we are at six which can be a marker we’ve got our first appointment in august so I’ll keep yall posted x
A friend of mine gets quite a lot of support from the childhood tumour foundation for her child with NF1. Zoom classes and support for parents.

• Heart

Wooh

VIP Member
A
The fraus and herrs rocking out at Jay-cloth’s hen do
View attachment 1399520

View attachment 1399521
Oh my god. I *remember* this!! Send pension discountios

I love the idea of Bubbly D's comedy Zoom.
I'm really cautious about Zoom stuff now, during one of our lockdowns Dave Strassman put on a free Zoom show for his email list fans (If you don't know Strassman look him up, he has a character called Ted E Bare that is adorable/hilarious). It was a really hot night and I forgot to put on a bra under my singlet. I spent the whole show with my talking Ted E Bare clutched to my chest instead of waving him around like we were meant to so we could catch Dave's attention and chat on camera. My boobs- a blessing and a curse.
Hate to be annoying, but why didn't you just go and put on a bra?! Are you Jack?

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Wooh

VIP Member
A nice old fashioned, thick-battered, butter cake, with raspberries?YUMMMM

Wooh

VIP Member
I can live in a world without Twisties, but I would not live in a world with no Arnott's Shapes

Also, chicken Twisties: MCM and Cookie, do you have a view? I'm for, though it's been many a year since we crossed paths

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Has anybody fallen into watching an 'odd' (for want of a better word) tv program? Something a bit niche or left of field, but kept on watching?

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
I have a packet of BBQ Shapes sitting on my table right now. I won't eat them as they're my husband's and one thing you don't do is take food from him, he gets rather upset.
Woohby, I don't mind chicken Twisties but I'm obsessed with Cornados atm. They're expensive but when they go on special I make sure to grab a few packs, the plain is my favourite. They're really crunchy and tasty, I love them.
FC3D3F9E-B986-43EB-A492-ABB885FBF3CD.jpeg

• Heart