Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Billybellend

Chatty Member
So nice to see Billy in here! I'm sympathising with all the hot Frau/Herr, it really is nasty weather. Traumy, can you get a damp tea towel and rub it on the little lady? Even just quickly wet her feet as that's where cats sweat from. I put damp towels on the kitchen floor and my cats seem to find their way onto them sooner or later.
I was wondering how Susan copes in the antipodean heat @MaineCoonMama

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Charitas

Chatty Member
I think that was a screwball (not allowed obviously- chewing gum was made by the same person who commissioned ITV and Grange Hill).

@colouredlines those pistachio ones look like they would be on a par with the m and s coconut ones. I haven’t seen them here sadly.

Warm hugs MCM- hug the Fluff. Hug. The. Fluff.

Thank you all for your kind words. Spending time on here and on the running threads means I can “see” you all without having the bad Jack effects. You are all so thoughtful with what you wrote. I wish I could say more, I really could. ❤
Are you my sister? Grange Hill was misleading and ITV lowbrow. Did you have to pay for your dead Granny's of kitchenware to take to uni as otherwise you might cut yourself with it

• Heart

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
In response to the car stuff, Lurker Cat has taken to lying on the floor looking sorry for herself...I'm going to hope that's cos of the heat and not because she's about to kick the bucket 😺

• Heart

Wooh

VIP Member
I just snuck back to view Daphne again. The photo of her snuggled against her orange cat toy is perfection. I LOVE HER

• Heart

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Good luck @Kittypops ! As others have said, remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are you too. As someone who interviews people fairly often, I would recommend checking out the STAR technique - a great way to describe experiences you've had in context, I love it when people use it, gives a deeper understanding to situations interviewers might not really understand if they aren't directly to do with the role.

Thought you guys would appreciate this, when we were walking JC pup last night we met two spaniels, their names were Sally and Jenny. What amazing dog names 🤣. JC pup isn't really interested in other dogs, she doesn't mind them but would rather lick and chew the owners to death (she LOVES people) but she really liked Sally, they live a few doors down from us so we are going to arrange some play dates ❤

Also, JCC has some big news - me and Mr C got engaged! I'm going to be a married frau! Although we distressed Mr Cs grandparents a bit as when they asked when the wedding will be, I said we want to get the kitchen done first (the one now, though fine is v much an old person's style, our house was probate so very much decorated in the way 80 year olds like 🤣) and his grandad said 'well that's not very romantic, just make sure you get married before I die' 🤣🤣 tbh he will probably outlive us all, he is 86 and has a much more active social life than we do!!
This calls for 🍾! Congratulations!

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I seemed to watching secrets of the underground, I have no idea how or why it started, but I do realise it is odd.

I am also partial to the bad skin clinic, but somehow feel that is less odd.
Secrets of the underground sounds right up my street! I’m fascinated with the history of train networks and underground trains and stations, but I’d never heard of this, so thank you for mentioning it.

• Heart

KebabGirl

VIP Member
definitely going to go and get ice lollies today. might even re live my childhood and get onefrom the van as it comes round. does anyone else still get these? i am always surprised they come round here as i never see anyone buying anything
Some vans here visit all year round. Way too scared to go to one specifically, I've no idea what Mr Whippy is code for....

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I am WAY behind as I save this thread for when I have time to fully catch up properly, so apologies if this has been answered, but are you thinking of My Naughty Little Sister?

In the story where she gets measles Mrs Cocoa Jones brings a get better box to her that definitely has at least some if not all of those things in it (and I also remember a length of sparkly material from a real pantomime fairy’s dress!)
We figured it out, but still, thank you!! Omg I’d forgotten about the sparkly material. I loved all those little details.

Awww, I love elderly pets. He looks so sweet.
I had to take Pooh to the vet today (he's fine, got some antibiotics for a cough) and there was a puppy there called Douglas.
Douglas, I was trying so hard not to laugh.
Doug the dug! 🐶

Last edited:
  • Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
We've been watching a few things on the BFI player recently, thinking about giving Benediction a go tonight. I think we've seen 2 films actually at the cinema this year. It's so expensive though, and I like being able to make snacks etc. that I'm actually in the mood for.

binkbonk

that’s Ed kimbers book isn’t it. V good. Not tried that one yet.
Yep, I've only made that and the vegan PB&J cheesecake so far, wasn't expecting to like it as the combo sounded a bit weird for a cheesecake but it was actually really nice

Captainmouse

VIP Member
if you approach calmly from behind and at an angle, you can normally scoop birds with a towel without much flapping ( from bird or you)

that said , have you considered posting in a local to you Facebook community group asking for help? There is bound to be someone on there who would be willing to remove/look after your feathered squatter untill a rescue can help . I know this sounds a bit odd, but my dad loves birds and is constantly responding to bird capture requests , not only from cat related stuff but also because apparently pigeons in particular are very dumb and will happily fly in an open window/patio/greenhouse but then can’t work out how to leave again😂🤦‍♀️
Don’t mention the pterodactyl!

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
This is a long-shot but does anyone remember a children’s book (maybe from the 50s or 60s?) where a little girl had a treasure box?

It was filled with things like a tiny music box, a little kaleidoscope, shiny buttons, maybe a little doll? It was so cute! I remember loving all the details as a kid. I can’t even remember if the treasure box was the main story or just part of it.

• Heart