Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kittypops

VIP Member
Good luck @Kittypops ! As others have said, remember that you are interviewing them as much as they are you too. As someone who interviews people fairly often, I would recommend checking out the STAR technique - a great way to describe experiences you've had in context, I love it when people use it, gives a deeper understanding to situations interviewers might not really understand if they aren't directly to do with the role.

Thought you guys would appreciate this, when we were walking JC pup last night we met two spaniels, their names were Sally and Jenny. What amazing dog names 🤣. JC pup isn't really interested in other dogs, she doesn't mind them but would rather lick and chew the owners to death (she LOVES people) but she really liked Sally, they live a few doors down from us so we are going to arrange some play dates ❤

Also, JCC has some big news - me and Mr C got engaged! I'm going to be a married frau! Although we distressed Mr Cs grandparents a bit as when they asked when the wedding will be, I said we want to get the kitchen done first (the one now, though fine is v much an old person's style, our house was probate so very much decorated in the way 80 year olds like 🤣) and his grandad said 'well that's not very romantic, just make sure you get married before I die' 🤣🤣 tbh he will probably outlive us all, he is 86 and has a much more active social life than we do!!
Yay, congratulations JCC! You must be buzzing with happiness :)

• Heart
Reactions: 14

jordishaw

Chatty Member
Bit weird to share it with ninnies but I have a referral to a clinic next week and am having a moment about it. Sure it’s precautionary and probably nothing but keep feeling a bit

Oh no! I am holidaying in Spain 🇪🇸 soon and I thought I might have gone overboard with the anti mosquito stuff but maybe I haven’t…
Precautions are good, but nerve-wracking, will be thinking of you

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
All the book talk inspired me to go to my local Oxfam to see if they had any books with good illustrations to use as inspiration/references. I didn't get A Pictorial History of Canal Craft but I did buy Animals Without Backbones. It's so fascinating that there's always such a random assortment of books that you'd never normally look at. I once got one about soviet psychiatry and another about (shame) tanks.

Is it bad that my skincare is ...nothing? Maybe when I hit 40 I'll start crumpling like an old potato.
I have hit potato stage :( not sure what to do

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Oh, well, if you insist on cat spam. Here she is displaying very poise, much grace.

View attachment 1376996

Lads I'm doing a chaos again, send wasted NHS time-os. The side effects from my new medication I was confident would go in another week did not go so I'm back on my old medication. I'm only joking about wasted NHS time as I still obviously wasn't well and needed help but I do feel a bit silly and very, very sweaty. My fingertips are visibly glistening, so that's nice. On the plus side I've nearly finished a little microslop drum & bass version of Landslide. I capped it at 1:45 because nobody asked for it and, let's face it, nobody wants it 😂

You're right Sidey B. Sometimes people end up defined by their partner or lack of, maybe there's a general perception (especially for over 30s) that if you're single you must be in some way defective? Fortunately I don't feel under any pressure to be in a relationship although I want one eventually, I'm also quite clearly not in the right space for it now either. Ultimately it's a good thing for people to be comfortable by themselves and not rely on being made complete by another person. Sorry if this didn't make sense.
Ugh I hope you feel better soon. I want to hear your microslop!!!

• Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Speaking of old animals, I was able to catch my OldWoohPony yesterday with ease (and a carrot.) I had a feeling that after the other day of human touch he'd be amenable for more!

He had a forelock trim, as really he's been as wild as a brumby for a senile year. Now he can see easily, and not think predators are all around him. He had lovely grooming, and he was so happy and comfortable. The other two were shocked that he was "getting all the attention" and played show off zoomies around the paddock, looking over their shoulders to make sure I was watching to see how special and interesting they are. They are going on one of our long trail bushwalks on Thursday.

I've slept from 6pm to 2am. OOPS. I'm back to bed for a couple of hours!

Here's some pony photos, old crazy first 💥💚
View attachment 1411493View attachment 1411498View attachment 1411500View attachment 1411501
The silver brumby was a fav cartoon series! Ahhhhhh! Brumbies!

• Heart

jordishaw

Chatty Member
I remember Carbonel! And the treasure chest reminds me of Maria finding the sewing box in The Little White Horse, which is full of tiny precious things (probably not what you were thinking of Sidey B, but another top favourite from the library.) There's a lot of amazing little treasures in The Midnight Folk as well, plus delicious food.

• Heart

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Yes, I have a kindle app on my iPad.
Happy Birthday Sweetie T and Cookie Junior!
ONLY FOR MAINECOONMAMA!!

If any one clicks on this I will know who you are, which will be a terrible person. Let's see if this works.

ETA was gonna say it's nothing fishy, but it's Courtesans & Fishcakes so that'd be a lie.

• Haha
  • Heart

StillLucilleBluth

VIP Member
Much cooler ladies :) I have Badger's fleece plus the other five Shetland crosses separately and they're going off to a lady in Aberdeenshire to be made into something. It was going to be a rug, but they're so lovely and soft I'm thinking chunky cowls instead. Our shearer this year was superb, they were really calm with him and not one of mine got a nick.

View attachment 1377845
They look so strokeable. 😍

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Slightly off topic for the MT but Krish Mate was brilliant on the Last Leg.

Congratulations to you @EllaEm87. May you never never encounter my narc sibling in Devon! You have such a great career ahead of you making a difference to people every day. Unlike we corporate IT idiots.

Even this was not anonymous, no-one needs a pic of me. See if you can spot which one of us had a hard week at the laptop and who chased a fly for a few minutes then got tired / bored.

View attachment 1420341

Going to crack out the American 64oz insulated "mug" for the weekend & Monday. By lucky coincidence, it takes one full bottle of wine and a full tray of John Lewis deep tray ice cubes. These are (forgive me) God tier ice cubes and I have 4 trays for rotation.
I am rubbish at getting ice cube trays in without spilling, I use the bags, you can fold them, they take up less room, so get more in

Yes! I love mine so much! They can pick up some serious speed, and sitting upright makes me feel like a boss, lol.

(Absolute bollocks that you had to buy the basket separately though.)
Last year one of the tire blew though. Was a very bizarre day. We rode to the post office and the rear tire inner tube just exploded sounding like a gun shot !! Anyway got inner tube replaced and as I was wheeling it out of Halfords it blew again!! Couldn’t believe it ! Ended up with a new tire. The inner bit was too close to the wheel and had caused damage or something I don’t know. So now I’ve got one white one and one black one. I love riding it though.

• Wow

Valiofthedolls

VIP Member
This is a long-shot but does anyone remember a children’s book (maybe from the 50s or 60s?) where a little girl had a treasure box?

It was filled with things like a tiny music box, a little kaleidoscope, shiny buttons, maybe a little doll? It was so cute! I remember loving all the details as a kid. I can’t even remember if the treasure box was the main story or just part of it.
I am WAY behind as I save this thread for when I have time to fully catch up properly, so apologies if this has been answered, but are you thinking of My Naughty Little Sister?

In the story where she gets measles Mrs Cocoa Jones brings a get better box to her that definitely has at least some if not all of those things in it (and I also remember a length of sparkly material from a real pantomime fairy’s dress!)

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
I think I'll hear back maybe end of next week, the first one would need a second interview too 🙄 luckily I like my job now, so if I don't get either it's not the end of the world! (But I will of course be a bit grumpy about it hehe)

If the chippy is open, I'll be getting battered halloumi with chips and curry sauce 😍😍

Thank you all for the kind words!
don't forget mushy peas full of vinegar! aka the best thing about the chippy!

• Haha
  • Sick

kachoochoo

VIP Member
I also love Tim Dunn, although his voice is both whispering and shouting which confuses me. He's a good person to follow on Twitter for train geekery and interesting architecture photos. His other series v good too.

I just ❤love❤ his tube moquette scarves (as well as everything else) and him doing stuff like this

for the unfamiliar, I'm talking about the dude on the right in this pic

Screenshot_20220716-205852_Twitter.jpg

• Heart