Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Weird coincidence, the last two days I've been listening to the band WASP on repeat (they remind me of happier times) and here's an exoplanet WASP. I know the acronym stands for something else but it's heckin' metal enough to make me smile. Fangs, Sidey B. 😊 View attachment 1411526
Very happy to make you smile MCM! I hadn’t thought of it that way, but so much of space is so metal! 🤟🏻

@Sideboard Bob The Google Doodle is honouring it!

View attachment 1411529
Omg that’s too cute! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Just seen that The Time Travel Artist, will be doing a 40yrs of Glastonbury headliners on their YouTube channel. It's at 9.30pm your time, so I won't get to see it until tomorrow, but thought you guys might like it. Their films are normally pretty good

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Pixieboots

Chatty Member
i LOVE that! I watch SVU as even with all the “especially heinous” crime, there’s Olivia Benson. She’s just so very comforting. Lovely Liv Benson, and all is right with the world. (I also enjoy Carisi’s grey hair, but that’s a different matter).
It's always been Barba for me.

• Haha
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
Sounds suspiciously like what we called a Bubble O'Bill..but the bubblegum was his nose.
Used to love these as a child as we were never allowed bubblegum so this was a sneaky way to get it 😂 gum in an ice cream is such a bizarre concept really 😂

• Haha

Toffee finger

VIP Member
Damn made a decision to buy Richard’s and then realised it isn’t out until September. My brain was thinking Sept 29th was yesterday 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Sad

EddieBeds

VIP Member
Type here….
How do you put stuff in “spoiler”s on here?

Slight derail on medical question: I have a gene which means I have a slightly increased risk of a possibly fatal blood clot that can happen during pregnancy/birth. Didn’t think after IVF I’d be having yet more injections 😅 but as I said it’s hopefully saving my life so I’ll take it 😊. Just makes me look forward even more to what feels like the most wished for baby in the world finally getting here 🙂
How to for spoilers:
At the top of the text box click on the button with the three dots and the upside down triangle…select either ‘Spoiler’ or ‘Inline spoiler’ then write your text in between the closed brackets. If you select ‘Spoiler’ you’ll need to name it something. Hope that helps.

AB249C90-F7FF-4133-9CCC-C6AC86CC9B28.jpeg
19743EBE-4737-4145-8EB7-114698B1DE48.jpeg
9423ED8C-03F1-40F7-B188-B7104C656339.jpeg
3BE4E8CA-A9BB-44A0-99E9-69418298AE99.jpeg

Sorry you’re having to have all the injections but congrats on your pregnancy - wishing you all the best for the remainder of the pregnancy ✨

• Heart

Hollaaa

VIP Member
I was in that town in Arizona that Louis Theroux went to, Kingman.

Was there for work about 4 years ago. Think we stayed in the local Holiday Inn (?). A very sweet gay guy in the lobby overheard some of our conversation and told us to be careful about being vocally anti-Trump as we were likely to get some trouble 😬

The surrounding scenery was gorgeous but I can't say I'm in a hurry to go back.....
I got told not to wear a t-shirt with a dinosaur on it in Tennessee. And I'm someone who left the country when GWB got elected because we were concerned 😂 - gutted I missed out on the Obama years but being young (and relatively privileged) in NY in the Clinton era was fun.

• Wow

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Do people really do this? Layer upon layer. Isn't sun screen a moisturiser? So many questions.
Am I just feral? :)

I do a few layers of things (when PMDD isn't hitting - then my face is lucky to see a flannel 😑). That's more though because I quite enjoy skincare, and trying different bits and pieces. I guess a bit like how some people are into make-up? I'm not obsessive about it though.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Oooh is he? You've all had a dreadful time with that lunatic.

Today the Hawkesbury region had some sunshine. Winter sunshine, and good enough for four loads of washing.

I spent the afternoon pony wrangling, moving my trio to next door property, ending my long term agistment on the property where I've been staying in the granny flat (shitbox) since March floods. Sometimes a change for the sake of change gains better service and a fresh start.

Anyway, Pony1 and Pony2 as easy as ever. Pony3 is the senior: 27 years of age, wily, independent, beautiful. He was gelded (castrated) when I rescued all three, but still has all the traits of a stallion, as you would if that was your whole life. Anyway, I had a fine time with him until finally after 4 hours he was ready for a headstall, lead, grooming, worming and moving. He is so fine boned and elegant, but so strong and clever! I love him. He was prancing beside me. All the evidence is that he was once a show pony: his movements and carriage. He's had a head injury at some stage, and I definitely think he's benignly senile. Oh, and all these antics were *after* I had given him a mild oral sedative. Hahaaaaa. He is, they are, wonderful. My cobwebs are quite blown away

Tomorrow I make the three hour journey around the Blue Mountains to arrive at work for a batch of shifts over three days and hoping, like everyone else, that the bridges will reopen by Sunday for the rather more convenient 25 min drive home

And that's my story!
Ooh I have been to the blue mountains very many years ago

• Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
So lovely to find out other sewist fraus are about! I've done it most of my life; my mother taught me. It's a great stress reliever.

• Heart

EddieBeds

VIP Member
Good luck @Lurkeryaar !

I'm going to check the traps this morning now I'm up but I'm scared to. I don't mind mice in the wild but it's been so horrible having them in the building. I only managed to sleep last night because I knew the traps were down but am also scared to look at them?

Edit: no traps tripped! I'm sure I will come home to at least one dead mouse but it is what it is! Holidays tomorrow yippee.

Lots of love to the Fraus who have bitten the bullet and got their smears. It's so much better having it out of the way.
I’m with you on not liking mice in the house - out in the wild I don’t care. I was wfh and saw one run across the top of our garden - I suspect they’re possibly in our neighbours garage which is near our garden and/or our shed despite me filling the holes last summer. Appreciate we have Fraus who prefer humane traps so spoilering.

We put down mouse/rat boxes and use two different poison baits that we rotate over a few weeks (but don’t leave down indefinitely as they can get immune to it/build up a tolerance) in the garden. Our first year in this house we had mice inside and used this approach alongside filling any visible holes.

Depending on your home set up/if you can work out how it got in you could buy a couple of these - then check to see if any of the bait has been taken/chewed alongside traps? You can buy some prebaited so you just have to put them down. But I really feel you with the stress and ickiness of it all.

At uni we had a mice outbreak - our landlord would only provide humane traps but wasn’t going to come and deal with them etc (they also never worked in our case) and it just went on and on and you’d see the whole von trapp mouse family in the kitchen 🤢. Flatmate who was not squeamish got so annoyed they went and got a load of the basic traps and some snickers and set up traps a plenty. Suffice to say over a few days it did the trick.

@Falkor cystsisters unite! I had one of these in my first pregnancy - non of the midwives knew what it was, one thought it thrush! The lovely lady doctor who delivered my eldest was so kind about it but by that point the only option was surgery. I did come round from said surgery humming the strictly theme tune so some good memories of it 😂.

@Lazarus my lupin has only flowered once this year (I don’t recall it going to seed), where as previous years it’s flowered several times. Maybe lupins just want a quiet one this year?!

• Heart