Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
A

Oh my god. I *remember* this!! Send pension discountios

Hate to be annoying, but why didn't you just go and put on a bra?! Are you Jack?
I didn't want to miss any of the show! We'd been in lockdown forever at that point, I probably forgot where all my bras were located. Ted covered the chest quite well, I just couldn't wave him around.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

katycat

I remember Carbonel! And the treasure chest reminds me of Maria finding the sewing box in The Little White Horse, which is full of tiny precious things (probably not what you were thinking of Sidey B, but another top favourite from the library.) There's a lot of amazing little treasures in The Midnight Folk as well, plus delicious food.
I had completely forgotten about The Little White Horse! But I think that might be what I was thinking of as well - I was confusing it with The Chimneys of Green Knowe.

All of this reminiscing is making me want to read these again, but I'm a bit scared to in case it's just not the same when you're an adult and the spell is broken.

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
They were ok I think, thank you!! First one was quite easy/relaxed, second was a bit more intense so I'll have to wait and see. I'd prefer the second one so 🤞ready for a takeaway now as I am very tired - don't recommend two interviews in one day 🤣
yay! When will you hear? keeping my fingers crossed for you @Lurkeryaar

• Heart

Sglodion

Chatty Member
I have no apitude for sewing, not do I really like it, but I once lived with someone who always knitted when we watched TV, I always wanted her to teach me as it looked so relaxing. I think now having 2 very active cats any kind of activity like that involving me moving the needles and thread is probably impossible :ROFLMAO:
Genuinely one of the (many) things that has put me off getting another cat at the moment is the high likelihood of knitting destruction when I inevitably leave a piece lying around without thinking :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Oh do get directly to fuck ST you fabulous, sparkling human!
May your day be filled with a truly wild selection of ice lollies and your body behave itself so you don't have to.
Much love to you 💞

@MaineCoonMama just been grunking the MT, do you have a Kindle or e-reader of some kind?

Last edited:
  • Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Thank you lovely ninnies for being so sweet ❤

I can’t stop laughing at this, I hope some of you find it funny too.

I love it! Also I am a bit stunned - I swear he used to be a presenter on T4 or something when I lived in the UK? Suddenly feeling old...

My city is having a fireworks competition this week. An international fireworks competition (which means, in practice, that one team is from France). I'm a bit bored and we still have two nights to go. Glad I don't have any pets to worry about - I live near the display point, and there has been a lot of frantic barking in my neighbourhood. 😕

• Sad
  • Heart

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Elephant Shrew facts for Facturday - currently reading along but not commenting because in real life also dealing with organising a funeral etc for my much loved, much missed parent. It's weird how (in my experience at least) in the early days you don't feel hungry at all, but when you do eat everything is oddly delicious ( so neighbours bringing food are so much appreciated!). What with all the news it's been a surreal week, thank you all for the safe place!
View attachment 1403345
I'm glad you've got people taking care of you ♥

• Heart

Kittypops

VIP Member
You got through it!!

Fingers all crossed for Wednesday. Are you doing something relaxing to calm down (not adding up random foods to £19.96 or whatever)?
Aw, thank you, tonight I'm mainly vegetating and currently wondering if it's too early to go to bed and read. No random calculations whatsoever, apart from the fact I found 2p on the pavement today :)

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
Congrats @Jay-cloth Cow what wonderful news! Don't worry, my bot and I have taken care of your wedding breakfast menu.

View attachment 1394206

We have very similar views on and trajectories with exercise @colouredlines. I ran casually for a couple of years before the lights went very violently OFF and it became physically impossible. I never took it up again because I didn't enjoy it, I just felt like I should be doing it. If you'd told my younger self that I'd be going to the gym four times a week for fun and have kept it up for several years I'd have hooted up a lung.
What about a horse spunk lasagne? or a (undisclosed) pulled pork recipe so good that everyone thoguht it was meat?

• Haha
  • Heart

panda_eyes

VIP Member
They were ok I think, thank you!! First one was quite easy/relaxed, second was a bit more intense so I'll have to wait and see. I'd prefer the second one so 🤞ready for a takeaway now as I am very tired - don't recommend two interviews in one day 🤣
Two in one day sounds super stressful, well done and enjoy your well deserved takeaway. What will you have?

Hope they let you know soon, and that the second one tells you first 🙂

• Heart

hollywood

Any Scottish frau/herr getting eaten alive by midgies just now? Normally I don’t get bothered by them but the past few evenings I’ve been covered in bites ffs wee b*st*rds

• Sad

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
I’ve just read your message @moglits I’m truly sorry for your loss ❤
I don’t know if this will be a comfort to you but I’ve seen this poem shared quite a few times
88ED09B4-899E-4B2F-8510-FD09F5543F55.jpeg

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
I’m trying to work out which items of my freezer I can either eat or discard in order to fit some ice cube trays in. I’ve only a small freezer and one drawer is completely frozen over so I can’t even open it 🤦‍♀️ It’s an slimline intergrated fridge freezer built into a cupboard and it’s the bain of my existence. Can only defrost it when the fridge is empty, and it makes a mess because it drips into the cupboard so I have to put towels down . It needs replacing really but I’m in a first floor flat so I’d have to pay someone to come and uninstall it . Tempted to get a new one and keep them both, like old Jacky 3 fridge/freezers 😂

I’m dreading Monday/Tuesday. Aside from the heat, epilepsy and nausea combo, my home is a bit ( ok very) cluttered due to lights been off for a while and not getting back on top of it yet. I’m paranoid that the sun is going to come in through the window and set fire to some of my cardboard boxes, or spiderwebs . The flat next to me is currently empty so again, I’m convinced a fire is going to start on there and no one would know 🤦‍♀️

on the plus side,Sir Matt of forearms is wearing a pink shirt with rolled up sleeves on todays Saturday kitchen, and is looking rather handsome 😎
Ice cube bags are your answer

for the Idahoan fans it’s on offer in Waitrose £1