Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Their eyeshadow palettes are great Urban Decay dupes too.
Yeah, def a shout out to the make up range too!

The fake under eye concealer is just as good as the pricey named one, and love their mascaras. They are so bloody cheap for cruelty free products too!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

PunkyMonkey

Chatty Member
Grunk grunk grunk...

@colouredlines I hate the oft peddled notion that everyone who tries running loves it. I've never liked it, I avoid it at all costs and maintain that it's actually not that great for you.

@Into_the_tunnel have you tried Pilates? Ok it's not quite yoga but it's fantastic for your back and might enable you to do yoga. I've got a book called "Pilates for fragile backs" I've recommended to people but tbh any beginner mat work should help strengthen and stabilise.

I'm very happy to dispense actually asked for advice as a PT if anyone needs any but I'll sit down now!

• Heart

hollywood

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I have Richard E Grant and Bob Odenkirk’s books on my wish list at the moment so I’m contemplating buying one of those to cheer myself up. I haven’t read anything from Felicity Cloake but the cover of One More Croissant For The Road looks lovely so that may have to go in my basket too!

• Heart

Bellllls

I remember Carbonel as well, our teacher read it to the class at age 6 I think and I loved it. And it's another book I bought an old copy of. I have an old children's book habit. is there a support group I can join?

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
I'm currently obsessed with JP Delaney and working my way through his novels - just finished The Perfect Wife.

I'm not normally a Goodwood person, but it was the debut for my friend's dad's electric car so was keeping half an eye on it this year. Delighted that they've managed to knock 2 seconds off the all-time hill climb record today.

• Heart

OwlRightsReserved

VIP Member
@Jay-cloth Cow congratulations! Enjoy the engagement as much as you can amongst the wedding planning, it's such a special time! ♥

Such a lovely grunk ninnies - always feels like a comforting hug.

@Vanelope will keep everything crossed for you. I’ve had a couple of precautionary referrals - the waiting can feel exhausting and the worry all consuming.

@Jay-cloth Cow congrats! Wonderful news.

HTRIA - wish I’d read your wise post to @Kittypops (fingers crossed for you) earlier. Received my exam paper (open book exam) and got in my own head about it. But have stepped away now and have told myself I know the subject etc so can do it etc.

My eyes have puffed up again despite using drops/being on antihistamine so assuming the pollen count has increased here. Toddler Beds key worker at nursery winced when I took my sunnies off. I suspect the mum’s at drop off just assume I have an adult headache as I had sunnies on despite the cloudy weather.

I’ve rediscovered Laura Mvula and Christine and the Queens in the last week. It’s obviously not quite like listening to them for the first time but really enjoying re immersing myself in music while I work. Also not sure why or when they dropped off my radar.
Sorry you're feeling rotten dear heart - feel better soon!

Also a Laura and C&TQ fan over here, my son put me onto both! Trying to convince my husband to come to see Laura with me in Glasgow in August. Currently unsuccessful 😂

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
For any fans of fantasy/folk tales/modern takes on fairy tales, I can really highly recommend the Bear and the Nightingale trilogy by Katherine Arden. Really well written take on Russian folklore.
Not exactly a fairy tale as such, but Breaking The Surface which is a feminist imagining of the Little Mermaid is really good

• Heart

Wooh

VIP Member
Third wave feminism (approx Gen X era) eschewed such things as sewing. We saw our mother's *not* having it all, and turned away from skills, arts and crafts traditionally of women to take on a "man's world" and glass ceilings. Source: me after reading Germaine Greer, Marilyn French et al. Survey depth: some friends

• Heart

jordishaw

Chatty Member
I made botulism garlic confit today in a madness of inspiration.

In 6-8 months I shall update on whether I have used it.
I used to be in the habit of doing this regularly (I think following very clear and simple instructions from Anna Jones in the Guardian) and it was simple and delicious, and made me feel organised, and then one time it just went disastrously wrong resulting in a horrible lingering stench and I felt like an idiot, so have not done it for ages - plus good fresh garlic is one of the things that I've found it difficult to get hold of over the past few years, even the veg bag bulbs seem old and tough?

emm

VIP Member
Interview done, thank you everyone for your wise words and kindness, you lovely canal.

You were all there in the interview room, I ~ think ~ it was only me who could see you all. Everyone looks exactly like their avatars!

It's one of those where i really have no idea if it will lead to a second stage interview, i reckon i said 90% good stuff.

Keep doing big 'ahhhhhh' breaths now.

Thank you ❤
When will you find out about it?

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
Thank you so much for saying this. When we finally made the decision about Tunnel cat, it was him lying like this that tipped us over. It was though he said “now is the time”. I know I am anthropomorphising horribly here and I hate doing it, but our animals are so precious.

Hoping everyone is holding up. I dipped into the MT, decided it was better over here and on the other threads moaning on about the runners getting free garmins😂. Just to say, I agree with the final sentiments being expressed ❤ CL.

Stay cool everyone apart from our Aussie friends who need to stay dry and warm.
Free garmins?! God I'm glad I don't follow any running threads here, I love my garmin but it was expensive as fuck (and I destroyed its battery life on a long-distance hike and had to buy a new one far sooner than anticipated). Influencers getting free ones might lead me to spontaneously combust in this heat.

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
Some vans here visit all year round. Way too scared to go to one specifically, I've no idea what Mr Whippy is code for....
there was a rumour when I was at uni that the ice cream van that came around was selling drugs :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Wow

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
I think I've written before about losing weight, varying success of diets etc. but recently I've really come to realise that I'm stuck in a cycle of compulsive food behaviours. Thanks to reading about various fraus' experiences with NA/GA/AA etc. I reached out this week to a local meeting of Overeaters Anonymous. I just had a really nice chat on the phone with the contact person (? I don't even know what to call her) and have been given the details for a couple of Zoom meetings.

Thank (space) you to those fraus who speak about their experiences with 12 step programmes. ♥
I think this might be something I need to consider, it would be great to know (if you feel comfortable sharing) if you find it useful. (Although just looking up my local group and it seems very religious 😶)

• Heart