Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
A very late (but kind of topical) #facturday fact.

Buster Poindexter, who is best known for the song Feeling Hot Hot Hot, was also the frontman of the punk band The New York Dolls.

• Wow
Reactions: 16

EddieBeds

VIP Member
I think I’ve reached a new work low.

Microsoft Viva Insights has scheduled me a break, weep. My manager is still absent so picking up extra hours to get through the work.

@Into_the_tunnel I nearly replied ‘Hi Auntie Sue’ but wasn’t sure the joke would translate! She swears by soap and a rough hot flannel and in summer will push the boat out include SPF🧴.

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I'm glad she's ok! But...you picked her up? She looks quite sturdy and a bit hefty. (Not body shaming 💖)
Ever since I had a bowel resection I haven't been able to pick up more than a few kilos. I can pick Sue up if I'm having a good day but not the boys.
That must be so frustrating ❤ There are so many things it’s easy to take for granted.

• Heart

hollywood

@MistyWindows i can’t even see my post now lol
Sorry I’m not helping here am I ! Any here it is or maybe this is a third video exactly the same as the other two . WFK

Attachments

• Heart

Charitas

Chatty Member
Am mainly planning to spend today wondering if my Son's have remembered to reapply sun cream as they are on school trips to various sailing clubs. My youngest is auburn and thinks he can wander round with his top off because his friends do. It doesn't seem to matter how many times I point out even with sunscreen he will still burn more easily than friends of African and Middle Eastern descent.
quite glad they are on daily trips and not stuck in classrooms though

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
They look just like Twisties! Do you have Twisties o'er there?
PS love your nail polish colour.

thank you! it's revolution. don't know if you get revolution in the upside down, sali hughes might know

sorry, I don't know about twisties but I was referring to an old snack that used to come in better flavours

if twisties are corn-based knobbly things, then yes. like the knobbly versions of cheetos. they're called niknaks in the UK and when I was a kid, there was a better version of the cheese flavoured option. the "real cheese" flavour hasn't existed for many years, but it was my favourite when I was little so I just wanted to share something similar ❤

• Heart

panda_eyes

VIP Member
Does anyone else do the thing on holiday where you look up houses nearby on Rightmove and imagine yourself moving there? This one gave me Monroechic vibes, shudder shudder.

A lady in one of the shops recognised my OH's accent, turns out she's from Whitley Bay, small world!

Screenshot_20220714-092537_Firefox.jpg

• Wow
  • Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Forecast is 88f today 🌞🌅🕶
I really like winter the best but even I'm getting a bit tired of it already. I usually go up to my brother's in July -it's always hot up there- but I can't this year as we're meeting at my stepdad's instead. Enjoy your heat wave!

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Sideboard Cat says hello to everyone. She doesn't seem to be upset about being away for a few weeks which is good. She's been asleep in the bedroom all afternoon ignoring me, after eating treats and killing a spider. Tough life.

View attachment 1371452

Talking of things that are scary, I drove for the first time in nearly ten years today and it was terrifying. My mum wants me to try a couple more times to get my confidence back before making a decision but I don't think I want to do it again. I felt like I wasn't far off going round a roundabout constantly screaming with my eyes closed 😂
Hello/Meow Sideboard Cat

• Heart

Lazarus

VIP Member
omg! nightsnacks! of course they're nightsnacks! 🤤

I do like the bacon fries, but the scampi fries are the best

at risk of being too much peter kay/jack: "who remembers cheese moments"???
Cheesy Moments. Kach, as soon as i read that i started salivating. i absolutely loved them!

• Heart
  • Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
So pleased to see little friend Sidey Cat back with you, Traumy S. Give her little head a scratch from me . 🐾

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
I love to sew and make clothes for myself and my SG. It's just glorified cutting and sticking. It is pretty expensive, especially if you get into the sewing adjacent hobbies of buying fabric, tools and accessories, going to classes etc. I've knitted since I was 5 and was routinely mocked for it growing up (Gen Xer), but I love it, it's as natural as breathing to me.

Not sure I can show you anything I've made without 🔺 myself because I do that other adjacent hobby of being a showoff on social media about it.

Knitting is excellent for MH and can be quite cheap if you confine yourself to shopping from sales, eBay etc. Knitting during zoom meetings, films, conversations helps me concentrate more, which I'm guessing is an ADHD thing as well. Plus it's an excellent zombie apocalypse skill to have.
I started knitting when I was at university, precisely to help me concentrate in lectures - if I didn't have something to do with my hands I'd stop being attention and start making to-do lists or something. I get some stares (and a lot of "oh will you make me a jumper?" lol no), but I love it.

I started sewing maybe 5 or 6 years ago. I go through phases where I don't sew anything at all for months on end, but as soon as I get back into it, I just feel so much more relaxed and content.

I also make beaded jewellery, but I find it a bit harder. Plus earlier this year I made a ton of earrings only to discover that I've developed an allergy to certain metals, which is pretty terrible timing.

• Heart