Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Congratulations @EllaEm87! 🥳

Are we doing ice lollies? Can confirm nobbly bobblys are still around, my kids have them often. I'm quite a fan of a twister myself if it's an ice lolly, from an ice cream van I quite like an oyster, that has the soft marshmallow but at the bottom 😋
Oooh yes those oysters are good !

Reactions: 16

Falkor

VIP Member
Second the Skin So Soft - they'll still land on you, but they won't bite.

Haven't had any up here yet, but we're coastal and it's often too breezy for them.

EddieBeds

VIP Member
Can anyone recommend a good daily moisturiser with spf in it? I wash my face with a charcoal soap in the mornings and that's it for a routine, unless I'm feeling faaaaancy and put some coloured mascara and red 💄 (as recommended by lady doctors) on for going out. I never managed to work out how to do make up properly.

P.s. Potatoes are awesome
Another vote here for La Roche Posay but in part as my skin can be on the sensitive side and I hate the feel of a lot of sun creams (not just on my face). I also use a Beauty Pie one which I love but appreciate not all are into BP as it’s a subscription service.

Garnier facial SPF gets a lot of good reviews and seems to be everywhere too - available in Boots etc. They do a ‘fluid’ one and a more traditional cream but both appear to get good reviews and around £7-£12 depending where you purchase.

• Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
My mum does the same with her cats, gives them a damp wipe down. I remember a cat we had many years ago...he never drank enough water, which led to kidney issues, so I would make ice cubes with a little tinned tuna in them, and he went mad for them and stayed hydrated that way!

Way back when we had dogs, we would hose down the collie on hot days (he loved it!). We also had a Rhodesian ridgeback who didn't need so much care in the heat - short hair + bred for high temperatures - but even still, we wouldn't take her out in the full sun.

Almost all of Catalunya is on high alert for forest fires now. Some areas have closed campsites and hiking trails due to the risk. In my city we've had 80% humidity today, which is just obscene. 🥵
My dog hated the hose! He was a rescue who'd been badly abused so there might have been some prior trauma there.
Bushfires here are such a concern as well. That smell, it's so so distinctive.

• Sad
  • Heart

emm

VIP Member
if you approach calmly from behind and at an angle, you can normally scoop birds with a towel without much flapping ( from bird or you)

that said , have you considered posting in a local to you Facebook community group asking for help? There is bound to be someone on there who would be willing to remove/look after your feathered squatter untill a rescue can help . I know this sounds a bit odd, but my dad loves birds and is constantly responding to bird capture requests , not only from cat related stuff but also because apparently pigeons in particular are very dumb and will happily fly in an open window/patio/greenhouse but then can’t work out how to leave again😂🤦‍♀️
Good idea, thank you! This group is the best for random things!

• Heart
@TheDragonWithAFlagon I pushed myself out for a swim this morning with your lovely 'weighted blanket' comment from the MT as motivation -and it really helped, I know this must sound perverse but buoyancy is something I've been struggling with while getting back into the water (it makes me feel out of control, if that makes sense). Thank you!

I am so happy that it helped you!

I always find it harder when I go back after a long break (in this case, years, thanks to bloody Covid and the almost complete dominance of 'Booked for Swimming Club' every day of the week) - but after a few sessions, I love the sensations of moving through the water again.

• Heart

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Ha! How random. I was just there this week. They were lovely and sent my pregnant self away with lots of blood thinning injections (eep). Which is scary but at least they are thorough and likely saving my life 😊
Hooray for useful injections! Hopefully they will work for whatever needs fixing 👍

• Heart

emm

VIP Member
a really good place to buy skincare is tk maxx, i have got usually really expensive tjings at a quarter of the price at times. the only issue is obviously that you cannot plan tje brands of products to buy you just need to browse

Lurkeryaar

VIP Member
Just had ooooh ooooh ooooooh Nightmeat Nightmeat pop into my head. Maybe time for a pre-bed snacko...

• Haha

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
Tunnel dog overheats (had a huge scare last week and I thought I was going to lose her). She goes all odd, ignores instructions, runs around in circles, collapses and it takes about 40 mins for her to come back. Vet says it is an inbuilt thing and all we can do is try and prevent it (someone ignored me in the park when I said repeatedly not to throw a ball for her. Eventually I picked her up and stormed off but it was too late)

Anyway, in that horrid situation we wet her paws, tummy, groin, and under her ears with tepid water and only let her drink a bit. However, the latest research shows that it is ok to soak the dog. I wouldn’t do that to her when she is distressed but might have to next week 🥺. We also give her very cold cucumber and carrot.

She won’t lie on a cold mat princess that she is.
View attachment 1417624
I'm glad she's ok! But...you picked her up? She looks quite sturdy and a bit hefty. (Not body shaming 💖)
Ever since I had a bowel resection I haven't been able to pick up more than a few kilos. I can pick Sue up if I'm having a good day but not the boys.

• Heart

LavaFlake

VIP Member
Good call on Garnier... it reminds me that one of my friends recently brought the spray on SPF by Garnier that can go on top of makeup. She likes it as you can easily top it up throughout the day.

• Heart

hollywood

I miss going to TK Maxx (none here). Looking through the shoes, if you were lucky there'd be some Irregular Choice ones!

...which would then be unwearably painful, but shit happens.
Oh god yeah . I’ve had my fair share of footwear from there.

So slinky! I love black cats. Have you seen the Share My Cat thread?
Full of gorgeous cats and nice people.
Omg that’s brilliant. Thank you !

• Heart

colouredlines

VIP Member
I actually had to go to Phoenix on a work trip right before the pandemic, and our neighbors had moved out there a couple of years before.

It’s kind of sprawling (the greater Phoenix area is really big). I think it’s changing quite a bit in the past 5 or so years, lots of younger and creative people moving out there (including our neighbors who love it) so there are lots of new creative industries popping up. Little independent restaurants, bars, shops etc. Climate is great for most of the year and sunsets spectacular, lots of outdoorsy stuff to do. Don’t want to oversell it though-wouldn’t rush back there on my own $$ but wouldn’t hugely object to having to go back there for work if I had to- unlike Orlando 😂 I don’t think it’s as much a destination for me as a place to stop on the way to other better places.

Denver however also has absolutely beautiful sunsets -and sunrises, is a GREAT friendly city with fab food and drink, overlooks the Rockies, with fantastic weather for most of the year and I’d get on a plane and go there right this very minute if I could. Plus Boulder is very close and only $5.50 on the (every 15 mins bus) and is also great. Go Denver! (And Boulder!)

ETA and fun fact! The airport is a goldmine of conspiracy theories, so much so that the official website of the airport even has a page dedicated to them 😂 once you’ve read keep scrolling down to the tinfoil hat catto too ❤

View attachment 1408376
Below is Boulder
View attachment 1408390
That's stunning! I remember reading about Denver Airport years ago - just mad. Conspiracy theorists are kind of fascinating in the way that compulsive liars are. You just wonder where it all comes from...

In the US I've only been to NYC, Boston, and (randomly) Baltimore, all well over 10 years ago now. Actually I was in NYC when George W Bush won his second term. Went to a second-hand bookstore the next day and the owner and some customers were all grumbling away about it...actually, that's something I found really strange in the US, the way that strangers will just strike up a conversation.

• Heart

Kittypops

VIP Member
They were ok I think, thank you!! First one was quite easy/relaxed, second was a bit more intense so I'll have to wait and see. I'd prefer the second one so 🤞ready for a takeaway now as I am very tired - don't recommend two interviews in one day 🤣
Well done for getting through your day!
I really hope you get good news, particularly for the second one 🤞
That takeaway is very well deserved, get it down you!

• Heart
  • Haha