Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve just been giggling to myself about what a f+d zoom hen party for JCC would look like. Obviously we would still have to retain some kind of anonymity, so the logical step would be Jack masks , Mr Kachoochoo style . But then imagine how horrific it would look seeing so many Jacks staring back at you
View attachment 1397886
I’ll forgive you for this nightmare fuel* because I see that you’ve brought back the Draw A Duck thread! 🥳

*you really are a creative genus though.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Sending upside down huggos to Lady Hotes. You'd think life gets easier as we go along but it sometimes doesn't. Susan sends big paws. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 24
wish I was her 😔 look at her smug lil face 🥺 😭

(that's my mr kcc's forearm there for the forearm fans! they are indeed excellent forearms!)

20220706_233245.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Sending upside down huggos to Lady Hotes. You'd think life gets easier as we go along but it sometimes doesn't. Susan sends big paws. ♥
A truer word never spoken. All any of us need is six months without anything of note happening: engagements aside, @Jay-cloth Cow - congratulations, lovely news!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Congrats and commiserations on the job news, even if you don't get the job I always think it brings you some wisdom - there are some jobs that I have gone for thinking I wanted it and actually felt relived when I was unsuccessful. It gives you the certainty of where you want to go next and thats always a good thing.

I cannot put into words what a wild ride today has been. Its not very often I get to work in Westminster now but by chance I was there today. We got wind that something was happening last week due to various engagements being moved but oh my god, today will go down as one of those days in my work history that I dine out on for years in the hope of sounding interesting and relevant.

Hope you and your loved one are ok @Wooh

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Someone close to me is very unwell at the moment, and this evening I’ve just had some wine been distracting myself. I feel so stupid, but I just don’t know what to do with my thoughts just now.

I was going to say I don’t know why I’m sharing this here, but then, this site has been a great distraction, but also just full of lovely people and lols.
I know exactly what you mean! I’ve shared more with you mithering ninnies than people I see everyday!
Illness is awful and so unfair when it’s someone you love, I hope you’re okay! Please unload anything you need to dearheart 🤍

On a much MUCH less important note, there’s a vine outside my bedroom window and the blossoms smell like piss to me 😅 I’m not sure if any other ASD fraus can relate but the smell is actually driving me round the bend. It follows me around my whole life no matter how much perfume ect I spray. I think I smell like piss to everyone I meet but I can’t really ask them without seeming odd. Send clothes peggos.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Sending paracetamo-os to covid suffering Fraus ❤
I am finally feeling better from mine and now testing negative so I can get back to work and I’ve just seen Boris is finally resigning!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
@Sideboard Bob I hope you're ok, wishing you heaps of strength and sending positive thoughts xX

No one get me started on internal application interview. I used to work in academia and it was soul crushing realising the job was never up for grabs in the first place, so disheartening, it's one of the reasons I decided it wasn't for me tbh but the more fake interviews you attend the more practice you get, people know your name, if you email for feedback they'll often think of you for another vacancy... It's not all a waste of time.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Congrats @Emmapism sending competent editor-os! Sorry you didn't get your job @Kittypops but the canal of mithering ninnies will be behind you again for the next one.

Dear hearts Hotes and @Wooh, thinking of you ❤ sending cattos if it will help in even the slightest way.

View attachment 1396793

@Cookiecookie I know I say this to everyone but have you thought about strength training for your daughter, like powerlifting or olympic weightlifting? Children can start as early as 8 years old. I am similarly useless with any kind of walking co-ordination but I'm pretty good at standing still and picking things up off the floor. She could be bench pressing the monarch of your choice in no time!
She might like something like that. I'll see what could be suitable ♥

Just skim read the last few pages to catch up a little. Congratulations JCC! Surely the hen do has to be Venice, so we can ride gondolas and sing variations of that's a molé?
Hotes and Wooh, love to you both ❤

Here's my girl doing a great Terminator impression with her one glowing eye. She's keeping me company in the bedroom, have covid again so everyone else is avoiding me 😂

View attachment 1397746
Venice is introducing an entrance fee!
Screenshot_2022-07-06-21-11-53-98_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 22
Oooh is he? You've all had a dreadful time with that lunatic.

Today the Hawkesbury region had some sunshine. Winter sunshine, and good enough for four loads of washing.

I spent the afternoon pony wrangling, moving my trio to next door property, ending my long term agistment on the property where I've been staying in the granny flat (shitbox) since March floods. Sometimes a change for the sake of change gains better service and a fresh start.

Anyway, Pony1 and Pony2 as easy as ever. Pony3 is the senior: 27 years of age, wily, independent, beautiful. He was gelded (castrated) when I rescued all three, but still has all the traits of a stallion, as you would if that was your whole life. Anyway, I had a fine time with him until finally after 4 hours he was ready for a headstall, lead, grooming, worming and moving. He is so fine boned and elegant, but so strong and clever! I love him. He was prancing beside me. All the evidence is that he was once a show pony: his movements and carriage. He's had a head injury at some stage, and I definitely think he's benignly senile. Oh, and all these antics were *after* I had given him a mild oral sedative. Hahaaaaa. He is, they are, wonderful. My cobwebs are quite blown away

Tomorrow I make the three hour journey around the Blue Mountains to arrive at work for a batch of shifts over three days and hoping, like everyone else, that the bridges will reopen by Sunday for the rather more convenient 25 min drive home

And that's my story!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Someone close to me is very unwell at the moment, and this evening I’ve just had some wine been distracting myself. I feel so stupid, but I just don’t know what to do with my thoughts just now.

I was going to say I don’t know why I’m sharing this here, but then, this site has been a great distraction, but also just full of lovely people and lols.
Thinking of @Sideboard Bob Illness is such a difficult thing to deal with

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’ve just been giggling to myself about what a f+d zoom hen party for JCC would look like. Obviously we would still have to retain some kind of anonymity, so the logical step would be Jack masks , Mr Kachoochoo style . But then imagine how horrific it would look seeing so many Jacks staring back at you
View attachment 1397886
We could do our animals in masks

I'm so sorry.

Enjoy your wine, and solidarity in saying your feelings here

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
Oooh is he? You've all had a dreadful time with that lunatic.

Today the Hawkesbury region had some sunshine. Winter sunshine, and good enough for four loads of washing.

I spent the afternoon pony wrangling, moving my trio to next door property, ending my long term agistment on the property where I've been staying in the granny flat (shitbox) since March floods. Sometimes a change for the sake of change gains better service and a fresh start.

Anyway, Pony1 and Pony2 as easy as ever. Pony3 is the senior: 27 years of age, wily, independent, beautiful. He was gelded (castrated) when I rescued all three, but still has all the traits of a stallion, as you would if that was your whole life. Anyway, I had a fine time with him until finally after 4 hours he was ready for a headstall, lead, grooming, worming and moving. He is so fine boned and elegant, but so strong and clever! I love him. He was prancing beside me. All the evidence is that he was once a show pony: his movements and carriage. He's had a head injury at some stage, and I definitely think he's benignly senile. Oh, and all these antics were *after* I had given him a mild oral sedative. Hahaaaaa. He is, they are, wonderful. My cobwebs are quite blown away

Tomorrow I make the three hour journey around the Blue Mountains to arrive at work for a batch of shifts over three days and hoping, like everyone else, that the bridges will reopen by Sunday for the rather more convenient 25 min drive home

And that's my story!
Ooh I have been to the blue mountains very many years ago

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I remember saying a few years back how lovely it would be to have a Tattle meet up. If I remember correctly there was a mini one wasn’t there, when the MT was in its infancy? It would be so great to have a Tattle hen-do. I have mental pictures of so many of you in my head and what I imagine you all to look like. We’re such a lovely community of supportive mendacious ninnies who share so much of our lives with each other.

I also had a job interview this week and I was the internal candidate who got the job. I hope I wasn’t up against you @Kittypops. Although that would be a very very weird coincidence if it were true!

Lots of love to all the frauen who are going through tough times, whether that be Covid, illness or general life tit. Even though I don’t post much these days, I’m still here and check in to Tattle every day liking and reacting to posts. I don’t like some of the attitudes and vitriol for no reason on the MT though, but ‘twas ever thus eh?

I’m glued to the news to see what’s happening with Boris, as he’s apparently going to resign today. Whatever will become of our country?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
So kind of you to think of us. It’s a new world to navigate for sure. He was diagnosed *actually autistic* ( in reference to JM autism) last September and they said if he gets any more cafe au lait marks appear go back so we did he got an extra 4 in that year and now we are at six which can be a marker we’ve got our first appointment in august so I’ll keep yall posted x
A friend of mine gets quite a lot of support from the childhood tumour foundation for her child with NF1. Zoom classes and support for parents.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Get well soonios to the Covid stricken canal.

On that note someone in my work is still testing positive after 10 days. The area manager has said it’s ok for them to come back - in fact told them to come back , because they won’t be as infectious as it’s10 days in .
Not being a virologist I don’t know about that.

Selfishly though our paths don’t cross until Sunday so I would hope to be safe enough by then .

A retired consultant for infectious diseases was in the other day and he said to keep masking up as the variants were going to be hammering us soon . Yikes 😳

• Sad
Reactions: 20
I'm still masking in the supermarket and on trains/buses but am always the only one or one of only a few 🙁

Lots of love @Sideboard Bob and all the other ninnies going through it right now

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I have some good news, my darling Pooh-Bear is so much better after just 6 days of his antibiotics. He's been such a good boy about taking tablets with his meals. He's the epitome of the MC 'gentle giant' except when he sits on the other two. 🐾

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.