Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@heretoreaditall2019

Didn't want to derail the main thread, but, got excited that you're about Soho work-wise. Babes, same! I bet we've seen each other without ever realising it!

If you see a miserable mare riding a pastel green Pendleton, give me a wave! xxx

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
@heretoreaditall2019

Didn't want to derail the main thread, but, got excited that you're about Soho work-wise. Babes, same! I bet we've seen each other without ever realising it!

If you see a miserable mare riding a pastel green Pendleton, give me a wave! xxx
If either of you get a hard stare from a female paramedic give me a hand signal of some description!

NB preferably not the universal chest clutch or choking signs. I'd like to keep work and Tattle separate if at all possible but I will save your life if I absolutely have to.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Former soho work frau! Now more city based sadly 😭
The City confuses me, the buildings are all too tall and I get disorientated lol.

If you've ever had some boho type desperately asking which way to the river, then we've probably met too! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
The City confuses me, the buildings are all too tall and I get disorientated lol.

If you've ever had some boho type desperately asking which way to the river, then we've probably met too! 😂
Lol 😂 if anyone asks me “which way to the river” now I will give a hefty wink and suggest an icco pizza where the rest of the cabal will hopefully be assembled

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
You're all so cool. Thanks for letting me sit with you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
You're all so cool. Thanks for letting me sit with you
We are hanging on so you don't float away. I loved your horse story, btw. I'm actually scared of horses. Big cows, no problem. Horses freak me out.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I hope you enjoyed! Very wild canyon filled, majestic mountains. They sit at the back of Sydney, always there. Love them.
I did though much low cloud ☁
the snowies were fab, until I went it never occurred to me that in snowed in oz. But it was so European in appearance

• Heart
Reactions: 17
So nice to hear about a visitor's trip to Oz. Unbelievably, about once per winter, it snows quite close to me and we all go mad and make day trips to run around. Hehe. Did you go north as well. To Cookie land?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
So nice to hear about a visitor's trip to Oz. Unbelievably, about once per winter, it snows quite close to me and we all go mad and make day trips to run around. Hehe. Did you go north as well. To Cookie land?
We visited Sydney, the blue and the snowies, Ayers Rock, hyams beach, ulladulla, Canberra and places in between them all

• Heart
Reactions: 18
We are hanging on so you don't float away. I loved your horse story, btw. I'm actually scared of horses. Big cows, no problem. Horses freak me out.
I wonder why they freak you?

I used to ride, and just like the meme says, now:

50272037_1142417642593606_4227621147941797888_n.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I wonder why they freak you?

I used to ride, and just like the meme says, now:

View attachment 1399180
I don't know, perhaps I was killed in a riding accident in a previous life? I got one of those kids' party ponies for my birthday one year-my 45th I think- and I loved it. It's just the big ones that unnerve me.

@Captainmouse Ayers Rock is now known as Uluru,in deference to the traditional owners.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Dearest @Sideboard Bob I hope you are feeling a bit better and less discombobulated (see what I did there?) today.

This is from my favourite roadside attraction museum and I love it so much, I have this photo in 16x20 framed on my living room wall. Feels very apt for the F&D thread

5EBEDF24-6928-45A4-A82F-6ABEEF4ECEDC.jpeg

Also, good morning to all from Humid, USA from handsome selfie Vali cat (and me!)
7BBCD3AE-3CFC-49D5-A192-114B0016B206.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 27
lovely frau and herr , do you like comedy ? Do you like supporting ( non Jack affiliated ) food banks ? Do you like staying in and watching other people staying in ? Then it may interest you to know that AlwaysBeComedy are doing an zoom comedy show in aid of a Bromley based food bank on July 19th. It cost £5, and lasts just over an hour , and the line up is Nish Kumar and Marcus Brigstocke, with Alex Horne setting and judging a taskmaster task for the audience .

I’ve “ been” to a few of the ABC gigs, and although they are a bit rough and ready compared to the more professional Next Up ones - it’s literally the comics sitting in their house doing their set on zoom just like during lockdown, as opposed to a livestream from a venue- they have their own charm .

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't know, perhaps I was killed in a riding accident in a previous life? I got one of those kids' party ponies for my birthday one year-my 45th I think- and I loved it. It's just the big ones that unnerve me.

@Captainmouse Ayers Rock is now known as Uluru,in deference to the traditional owners.
I was having issues with me spelling

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Get well soonios to the Covid stricken canal.

On that note someone in my work is still testing positive after 10 days. The area manager has said it’s ok for them to come back - in fact told them to come back , because they won’t be as infectious as it’s10 days in .
Not being a virologist I don’t know about that.

Selfishly though our paths don’t cross until Sunday so I would hope to be safe enough by then .

A retired consultant for infectious diseases was in the other day and he said to keep masking up as the variants were going to be hammering us soon . Yikes 😳
NHS advice pre ending of all self isolation rules etc stated that so long as you didn’t have a temperature post 10days you could stop self isolating even if testing positive as you were deemed to be no longer infectious. I’d hope that was based on fact/scientific research but 🤷🏻‍♀️.

A family member has Covid, coincidentally is on leave so at home but has been told they can come back to work even if positive despite being in a public facing role! They won’t get paid if they don’t go to work so feel utterly screwed over but don’t want to spread covid.

🔺 We’ve been told by clinical colleagues to keep masking up too alongside the variants becoming higher in number.

@BubbleDuck thanks for the comedy tip - will look it up as it sounds a good way to spend an evening.

Is the political news making anyone else a bit 😬? Just feels like even more uncertainty (though he needed to go) - I don’t think it helps seeing people like Jack sounding off in their echo chambers as opposed to bringing anything useful to the discussion (same old really for JM). Seems silly to say that it’s adding to my anxiety - I think it just feels like more uncertainty.

ETA sorry for the super boring post!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.