Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats JCC!

I am a pilates fan, that and swimming and stomping about moodily in unsuitable footwear are the only kinds of exercise that have stuck for me. Oh and dancing in my kitchen or on nights out.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I had decided I wasn't going to go to running club tonight, but then my friend texted me and asked if I was going...so I went after all! whilst it was a very slow and hot 5k, I'm glad I did it. Trying a new skin class tomorrow and fully expecting to hate it. Boring update over 😁

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Congratulations JCC ❤❤❤ lovely news 🥰 put me down for the virtual hen do!

I went to London today with my OH. Saw a Toot Toot bus next to the (per) Rialto theatre and thought "hah, amusing" to myself. Not long after walked past a bunch of caricaturists in Leicester Square, one of whom had a very JM looking example on their stand. Spooky. Later on we walked past the Groucho and I managed to resist shouting SIT DOWN I WANT TO SEE REDCAR. What a day. Also walked past the Channel 4 building, but nobody exciting about, sadly.

Ate a big old 4 cheese pizza for dinner that was hot, cheap, and delicious. I do have a burnt roof of my mouth - has anyone actually ever managed to eat pizza without doing this or am I just a greedy impatient bastard?

Apologies if the photo is huge, I'm on holiday using my phone and I normally tattle on my laptop.
20220705_185300.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Hello canal, you lovely bunch.
I hope you’re all well, thanks for thinking of me
Unfortunately we have had to organise the funeral. I guess “luckily” I got to see my relative when I was up in Liverpool. Due to the circumstances we have embroiled ourselves in a legal claim for medical negligence.
It’s been nice popping in here and there, usually late night, my sleep has gone a bit wrong as well. I have only eaten pizza and Jaffa cakes for a week. 5/10 would recommend if you only want to eat circles.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
Sending congratulationos to all in the JCC household. Very exciting newso- I shall get myself a lovely pigskin Stetson for this joyous occasion.

Also sending big huggos to you Hotes. What a time you’re having of it right now. I know we are all thinking of you, and thanks to the upside down ninnies and the USA fraus there’s usually someone around in the wee hours UK time if you want to chat.

I hope you don’t mind me being silly as well, but your circles food comment put me in mind of this oldie but goodie from Viz. Hope it gives you a little smile ❤

0A603B4E-3601-4FBF-AC4A-83EEDB2F21D9.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Congratulations JCC ❤❤❤ lovely news 🥰 put me down for the virtual hen do!

I went to London today with my OH. Saw a Toot Toot bus next to the (per) Rialto theatre and thought "hah, amusing" to myself. Not long after walked past a bunch of caricaturists in Leicester Square, one of whom had a very JM looking example on their stand. Spooky. Later on we walked past the Groucho and I managed to resist shouting SIT DOWN I WANT TO SEE REDCAR. What a day. Also walked past the Channel 4 building, but nobody exciting about, sadly.

Ate a big old 4 cheese pizza for dinner that was hot, cheap, and delicious. I do have a burnt roof of my mouth - has anyone actually ever managed to eat pizza without doing this or am I just a greedy impatient bastard?

Apologies if the photo is huge, I'm on holiday using my phone and I normally tattle on my laptop.
View attachment 1395274
Is this icco 🔺 ? Truly a gem of reasonable pricing in a sea of nonsense 👌

@HotesTilaire sending huggos ❤ Thinking of you!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Hello canal, you lovely bunch.
I hope you’re all well, thanks for thinking of me
Unfortunately we have had to organise the funeral. I guess “luckily” I got to see my relative when I was up in Liverpool. Due to the circumstances we have embroiled ourselves in a legal claim for medical negligence.
It’s been nice popping in here and there, usually late night, my sleep has gone a bit wrong as well. I have only eaten pizza and Jaffa cakes for a week. 5/10 would recommend if you only want to eat circles.
Hotes, I’m so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of hugs if you want them, and sending you strength, grief can be so exhausting, especially with having to make arrangements as well. I hope you can take comfort in having seen your relative recently.
And I’m so sorry about the legal side too, I can’t imagine how hard that is.
You know we’re all here if you want to talk, or need some distraction.
Thinking of you and your family ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25

@HotesTilaire sending huggos ❤ Thinking of you!
Yes! Couldn't remember the name, that's it!
🔺 Will definitely be looking it up next time I'm down. One day I'll visit Japan House like my parents always tell me to when I'm in London.

Sending love to Hotes ❤ I can't imagine the pressure you're under. Sending hugs and edible roundos xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Thinking of you Hotes ♥

I hope everything goes well @Vanelope

Big congratulations @Jay-cloth Cow

I wish I could find an activity for my daughter. She can't swim. It took me years of paying for swimming lessons before I realised, like my grandad, and indeed Jack, she can't float *wtf* She can't ride a bike either. I'd say she can walk, but she did once forget she had two legs whilst standing on one leg, and fell over and bust her knee open ...Children!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
LOVE Icco.

@HotesTilaire very sorry indeed for your loss, and I hope the legal wranglings are not too awful. Making hospital complaints can be horribly stressful, and really do take a ridiculous amount of time but hopefully you'll get some answers and justice from it ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Thinking of you @HotesTilaire you are doing the right thing. There'll be unimaginable beuoracacy in store, so vent here at any time.

I hope everyone is doing ok and same goes for all cattos, doggos and animal kingdomos that are frau/herr adjacent.

❤ ❤ ❤

well, I was unsuccessful, it went to an internal candidate :( but I remain determined to find something else. Thank you everyone for the excellent advice and the rallying "you can do its", I've saved some for the next one of us who needs it too xxx

ETA sorry, that sounds really negative, Hotes, hope you don't face bureaucracy

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Good morning to you all, from flooded NSW, again. I've a bit of time on my hands as bridges and roads are closed, but I have found my way out of last week's funk, and *thank you so much*, all of you. I will be as supportive and kind whenever I can to you all and others. @HotesTilaire, to you right now at this difficult hard time

Current pic of homeland... the actual river is the line in the middle. Not seen: many houses, roads, lives, loves, farms. I'm high and dry this time. A little "traumatised", like everyone.
Screenshot_20220706-232306_Gallery.jpg

The WoohCats are going CRAZY in my awful tiny granny flat. You wouldn't put your granny in this box!

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
Good morning to you all, from flooded NSW, again. I've a bit of time on my hands as bridges and roads are closed, but I have found my way out of last week's funk, and *thank you so much*, all of you. I will be as supportive and kind whenever I can to you all and others. @HotesTilaire, to you right now at this difficult hard time

Current pic of homeland... the actual river is the line in the middle. Not seen: many houses, roads, lives, loves, farms. I'm high and dry this time. A little "traumatised", like everyone.
View attachment 1396436

The WoohCats are going CRAZY in my awful tiny granny flat. You wouldn't put your granny in this box!

It's been all over the British news, we've all been thinking of you Wooh.

It looks really scary, so much rain in such a short space of time!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Thank you so much my lovey!
yeah it’s very weird even to talk about after she’s been gone for nearly a year.
I hope you’re all good down under 🤍
Of course we relate. I tell my animals about their predecessors, just quietly and (like many people) have cried more over a deceased loved companion than a significant human. Different types of love, I guess. Your dog was beautiful x

• Heart
Reactions: 21

View attachment 1396436

Holy tit, I hadn't heard about this at all (not hit the news here). That looks awful. I'm glad to hear you're okay!

In other news, I had some pastry leftover from the terrible pumble so I made some little banana/chocolate/almond turnovers. They are delicious, and they have restored my faith in myself as a cook! Served with more of my ice cream. I love making ice cream in summer...

20220706_163422.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Ooooh girl that looks delicious. I love a turnover. Anyone had the apple ones that M&S do? Top tier.

I found out today I got it! 2 and a half month contract- starting next month when I'm back from my holiday.

Chuffed 😊

Thinking of lovely @HotesTilaire & @Wooh x

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Ooooh girl that looks delicious. I love a turnover. Anyone had the apple ones that M&S do? Top tier.

I found out today I got it! 2 and a half month contract- starting next month when I'm back from my holiday.

Chuffed 😊

Thinking of lovely @HotesTilaire & @Wooh x
congrats!!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.