Food and Drink #28

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congrats @Emmapism sending competent editor-os! Sorry you didn't get your job @Kittypops but the canal of mithering ninnies will be behind you again for the next one.

Dear hearts Hotes and @Wooh, thinking of you ❤ sending cattos if it will help in even the slightest way.

dismissive catto.jpg

@Cookiecookie I know I say this to everyone but have you thought about strength training for your daughter, like powerlifting or olympic weightlifting? Children can start as early as 8 years old. I am similarly useless with any kind of walking co-ordination but I'm pretty good at standing still and picking things up off the floor. She could be bench pressing the monarch of your choice in no time!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Thinking of you @HotesTilaire you are doing the right thing. There'll be unimaginable beuoracacy in store, so vent here at any time.

I hope everyone is doing ok and same goes for all cattos, doggos and animal kingdomos that are frau/herr adjacent.

❤ ❤ ❤

well, I was unsuccessful, it went to an internal candidate :( but I remain determined to find something else. Thank you everyone for the excellent advice and the rallying "you can do its", I've saved some for the next one of us who needs it too xxx

ETA sorry, that sounds really negative, Hotes, hope you don't face bureaucracy
Sorry to hear that on the job front Kitty - it can feel so deflating on top of the other myriad of feelings. There is another job out there with your name on it and when you get that this interview will be a distant memory. Though I appreciate that doesn’t take away the feelings currently.

@HotesTilaire sending love and thinking of you. I know there isn’t a lot practically we canal can do but we are here should there be anything we can help with. Even if just to provide a distraction.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
You're having the time of your life there! Please give each sweet baby a stroke from me!
certainly can for the eldest 2! if I get hold of the 2 little boys, I will do too! ❤

anyhoo, this is the repository for emergency toiletries in my dad and stepmum's guest bathroom, thought you lads might appreciate it

20220706_205144.jpg

and the eau de nil ribbon? tied to the aga (yes, they are extremely posh and we are deep in the countryside and we have to boil the kettle for 20mins whenever we want a cup of tea)

20220706_205030.jpg
p

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Check the corners, choochy k, there might be butter still lurking in the hamper...
Or a trifle?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Love to all who need it ❤ I’m here, I’m lurking and I’m thinking of you all and sending you big squishes for those who welcome them and an empathetic ear for those who need it.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Love to all who need it ❤ I’m here, I’m lurking and I’m thinking of you all and sending you big squishes for those who welcome them and an empathetic ear for those who need it.
Big loves to you too Ella. You squish and get squished right back xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Kitty - I’m so sorry, although side eye at the internal applicant. I get that it’s good companies do this & p sure it’s a legal requirement but eurgh 🙄 will there ever be a time where an external candidate can trump an internal candidate? It just feels SO unfair for external applicants who’ll have put time into preparing & doing the interview. But what’s the alternative I suppose? But sorry tldr don’t see it as a reflection upon you, just a dud opportunity sadly.

KCC - congratulations!!! Enjoy the happy new engagement feeling and don’t let people’s questions about when/where/how are you going to get married as that’s the most boring part of it all 😂❤

Hotes - I’m sorry for your loss dear heart. I hope the next stage of administrative stuff is kind to you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Just skim read the last few pages to catch up a little. Congratulations JCC! Surely the hen do has to be Venice, so we can ride gondolas and sing variations of that's a molé?
Hotes and Wooh, love to you both ❤

Here's my girl doing a great Terminator impression with her one glowing eye. She's keeping me company in the bedroom, have covid again so everyone else is avoiding me 😂

PXL_20220706_204806645.MP.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
KCC - congratulations!!! Enjoy the happy new engagement feeling and don’t let people’s questions about when/where/how are you going to get married as that’s the most boring part of it all 😂❤
soz, htria, I think you mean jcc

I've been engaged for seven years without a sniff of a wedding date, so I'm sure jay cloth cow will get there before me! 😃

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Yay we're Covid Twins, Nottonightbabe. Got my first positive today. Hope yours is mild and doesn't make your dinner taste like metal.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Just skim read the last few pages to catch up a little. Congratulations JCC! Surely the hen do has to be Venice, so we can ride gondolas and sing variations of that's a molé?
Hotes and Wooh, love to you both ❤

Here's my girl doing a great Terminator impression with her one glowing eye. She's keeping me company in the bedroom, have covid again so everyone else is avoiding me 😂

View attachment 1397746
Oh get well soon Nots! Love T-CAT though, so cute.

ETA get well soon too to @Hollaaa

• Heart
soz, htria, I think you mean jcc

I've been engaged for seven years without a sniff of a wedding date, so I'm sure jay cloth cow will get there before me! 😃
Omfg I’m sorry! 🤦🏻‍♀️ Your abbreviations are simply too close together 😭 Also long engagements are lovely, is it bad to say/admit that your own wedding is eh? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
I’ve just been giggling to myself about what a f+d zoom hen party for JCC would look like. Obviously we would still have to retain some kind of anonymity, so the logical step would be Jack masks , Mr Kachoochoo style . But then imagine how horrific it would look seeing so many Jacks staring back at you
CF79589B-89FE-4A0E-A428-F75DCEFD98B4.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
I’ve just been giggling to myself about what a f+d zoom hen party for JCC would look like. Obviously we would still have to retain some kind of anonymity, so the logical step would be Jack masks , Mr Kachoochoo style . But then imagine how horrific it would look seeing so many Jacks staring back at you
View attachment 1397886
You really wouldn't think that's the same woman in all of those pics. It's madness.

(This is too good to not post in main thread too!)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Someone close to me is very unwell at the moment, and this evening I’ve just had some wine been distracting myself. I feel so stupid, but I just don’t know what to do with my thoughts just now.

I was going to say I don’t know why I’m sharing this here, but then, this site has been a great distraction, but also just full of lovely people and lols.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
View attachment 1397886
Congratulations JCC!
This is perfection. I don't post much because I'm not witty enough and twatting around in my real job and having an OH makes me BUSY but I would so love to be on the canal hen do. I think I'd come as the sentient sideboard and sit in the corner on which your pumbles can gently rest.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.