Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Thanks MCM that's a good idea. I don't think she'll like it but I'll give it a go if she looks like she's struggling. There's an extra bowl of water in the bedroom which I'm sure I will inevitably kick over at some point. My freezer is now also full of ice packs I originally got for my shoulder physio which if she doesn't appreciate them, I certainly will. Overheating is a massive migraine trigger so I'm just going to lay in front of a fan, drink alcohol-free beer and eat Cornettos as someone took me in their big car to the Tesco Extra.

Sideboard Cat when I ask her to stop laying in the direct sun:

shan't.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 25

Penelope_Ghent

VIP Member
Morning. I’ve been offline since the dog arrived but I’m missing you all but can’t bring myself to go back to the Jack thread so I thought I’d venture here whilst the son and OH are at cricket practice. So hello, I think I need to grunk a bit on here to add anything meaningful.

• Heart

Froggies

Chatty Member
It’s so hot 😭
I’ve barely slept as it’s so hot, had the window open (actually pointless THERE IS NO AIR) so spent the night listening to idiots speeding on the main road. MrFroggies reluctant to get the air con unit out but I can’t do another night like this.
Dreading work . My office got to 31 degrees yesterday. I find once it gets past 28, my brain massively slows down (happens to my colleague too) and I’m worried I’ll make mistakes.
I’m full of cold as well so I haven’t had a full nights sleep in 5 days. Send clear nostrilos.

(I do hate moaning about the weather, it’s lovely to finally have some heat, but it would be much better if I didn’t have to go to work and if I could sleep 😂)

• Heart

MistyWindows

VIP Member
I’ve been to a Royal show 🔺 and saw lots of sheepos….amongst other animalos.

Apologies @Falkor I wasn’t paying a lot of attention to breeds but this one made me think of Badger:

View attachment 1382171

Then there was this sheep….I’m really sorry but it made me think of a cow in terms of its head 🐮🐑

View attachment 1382185

There were so many breeds/varieties of sheep:

View attachment 1382223

This one made me think of the sheep from the Usbourne books Farmyard Tales:
View attachment 1382224

The picture does not do justice as to how much of a unit this sheep was.
View attachment 1382225

I love these sheep - behind are some (sorry photo doesn’t show how much) that are so yellow in colour.
View attachment 1382226

I love the fringes on these two!
View attachment 1382227

Also pigs…..can we add pigs into the fold? Little Beds imaginatively named this one ‘Grunty’
View attachment 1382204
Those sheepos 😭
I got to see a goat friend the other week
5F6BA779-A9F4-45A7-A4F8-2030699F0732.jpeg

275AE1BD-E80C-4A16-9D45-A51E38D14202.jpeg

speaking of pettoes with odd names, I found this twitter account today called cats with interesting names. i think this one's my favourite

View attachment 1384237
I used to walk a spaniel called Andy, always made me laugh 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

KebabGirl

VIP Member
There are never too many pictures of Sideboard Cat! She has eyes that see things, she stares into my soul.

My cat is watching Wimbledon upside down on my bed. She is not bright. She does enjoy tennis, football, rugby and F1. Forgive my hand but at least there are no dubious fingernails on display.
IMG20220628210459.jpg

• Heart

Emmapism

VIP Member
Joining you this evening a very scared Frau. Our apartment block has mice! Reported in one of the flats a week or so ago, then my neighbour two floors down had an encounter last night.

Today was my turn. Was blocking up a hole using a dryer sheet (I read mice don't like them?) then turned my back to walk a few steps away...... running mouse!

Lads I screamed and jumped onto the sofa like a woman in a cartoon who is only legs. Traps have been ordered (I'm a death sentence/zero tolerance Frau) and I'm barricading myself in my bedroom tonight, is there anything else I can do?

All food has always been kept in glass jars so no sign of it/them getting at my snacks. Anyone have any mousey wisdom to share?

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Morning Fraus! Loving the book chat. Been having a really stressful time at work lately (nothing bad just going through a ridiculously busy period doing early mornings and late nights, but luckily have the best, most supportive manager who keeps me going - she is one of those rare managers who will jump in and do the leg work too so although stressful not nearly as bad as it could be - but I digress). Strangely of an evening when my brain is dead, the only thing that relaxes me is reading (usually when stressed I can't pick up a book) but I've been rereading all my old comforts. Crazy Rich Asian trilogy, all the Malory Towers and St Clares, am now working through Marian Keyes again. Usually I'm a historial novel frau, Margaret George and Philippa Gregory are my main loves, but also (and this is a bit of a 🔺️ plug as she is an IRL friend) if anyone else loves historical fiction and hasn't already read her books, even if she wasn't a friend, I highly recommend Stacey Halls books. Strong female characters in fascinating times, they are fab!

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
sometimes, this field has sheepoes in it. we can hear them from our bedroom window

and sometimes, it has tiny panthers who just won't come in for their tea

(it just got mown yesterday, so he has plenty of dry, warm, fresh hay to nestle down in)

20220709_203522.jpg

• Heart

Vanelope

VIP Member
Even on the Sali Hughes threads people who have put all that shit on their face get bored with it, then give up and just wash it with a wet flannel in the end. It’s all marketing palaver.
Although I do have a quartz roller because it feels lovely on your face (or on your feet on a hot day)
My relative isn’t going to pull through. I said goodbyes and got home for a rest, as I’ll need to be back in a few weeks for the funeral. I’ll probably be having a grunk, but if you don’t see me around, that’s why.

This is my image of a canal group hug 🤗

edit as we are a canal now

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Falkor

VIP Member
Big love to everyone needing it right now (imagine the hugging emoji here, I'm on my laptop).

And please cheer yourself up by looking at this baby goat with 21-inch ears.

• Wow
  • Heart

BubbleDuck

VIP Member
Until recently , I had been happily single ( with the odd casual thing ) for 10 years . Then I started going on a few dates with a few people , and one of them is worth giving up my happy single life for . That said , it’s very early days, he hasn’t properly met my kids yet, nor me his , and although we have both said we want to see where it goes, I wouldn’t be heartbroken if it all fizzles out , and I end up single for another 10 years .

in contrast, one of the other people i was seeing before oh ( 🤮) and I became exclusive, had bounced from relationship to relationship since she was 21 , and pretty much was the walking lesbian stereotype of planning the names of our new fur babys, and if we would move in to her place or mine by the end of the first date .

• Heart

Jay-cloth Cow

VIP Member
Oh I've already said she will be a flower girl! I also said she should have a diamante collar to match my ring but that idea was vetoed very quickly 🤣

Here she is when she fell asleep whilst playing with her teddy - literally going wild with it then suddenly fell asleep! Little maniac.

Attachments

• Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Hello canal, you lovely bunch.
I hope you’re all well, thanks for thinking of me
Unfortunately we have had to organise the funeral. I guess “luckily” I got to see my relative when I was up in Liverpool. Due to the circumstances we have embroiled ourselves in a legal claim for medical negligence.
It’s been nice popping in here and there, usually late night, my sleep has gone a bit wrong as well. I have only eaten pizza and Jaffa cakes for a week. 5/10 would recommend if you only want to eat circles.
Hotes, I’m so sorry for your loss. Sending you lots of hugs if you want them, and sending you strength, grief can be so exhausting, especially with having to make arrangements as well. I hope you can take comfort in having seen your relative recently.
And I’m so sorry about the legal side too, I can’t imagine how hard that is.
You know we’re all here if you want to talk, or need some distraction.
Thinking of you and your family ❤

• Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
no, you just woke up after falling asleep in the kitchen and were guilt tripped into giving these cuties some nightmeat to keep them ticking over
20220709_053718.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
The sunset photos reminded me of this photo, has anyone ever been to Alaska? It had never appealed to me as a place to visit, until I started following this photographer, her name is Amy Bragg, she lives in Alaska and takes such stunning photos, and now I really really want to go! Looks so beautiful 😊

Screenshot_20220711-211909.png

Screenshot_20220711-212417.png
Screenshot_20220711-212143.png
Screenshot_20220711-211942.png
Screenshot_20220711-212222.jpg
FB_IMG_1657571703206.jpg

In other news I am officially rid of the 'vid 😊. Was much milder than last time thankfully, I've definitely had worse colds.
@Hollaaa how are you doing now with the lurg?

• Heart
  • Wow