Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@Nottonightbabe it was Sauce Shop maple habanero but it seems to be out of stock everywhere now 😢 The Meat Lust ghost chilli sauce is good too. I try and restrict myself to three hot sauces on the go at once so I can fit actual food in the fridge around the bottles.

Good luckos @Kittypops I'm sure you'll smash it and you'll have your very own pens that nobody is allowed to touch under any circumstances, not even for a second.

I experienced something positive which I need to appreciate (I am not appreciating the new medication). My sister works at a school and my old biology teacher started working there recently. To cut a long story short, my sister gave my teacher my number and I had a lovely chat with her today. It was difficult for me because she was the reason that I wanted to study biochemistry and in fact ended up going to the same uni she went to and I feel like I let her down when I fucked it all up. Oh no, I'm making it depressing again! It was nice, honestly. It would just be nicer if every time I caught up with someone I didn't have to lie about being well, or dance (a nice gavotte, maybe a ballet number) around the fact I've been unemployed for ten years. Still, as Mario would say, we move 💎 spine bright my lovelies. Kick the rest of Friday's arse!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Aww thank you all! He’s feeling fine today, just annoyed.
I called it a Barbie car too! I was so looking forward to cruising along the seafront in it this summer 😭

I hope you all have a lovely sunshine filled weekend!
I have a soft top oft referred to as the roller skate or the hairdressers car

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Badger was nearly brave enough to eat out of my hand this evening :D She was right up next to Nibbles at the gate, but bottled it at the last minute. Hopefully over the next few days.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
@traumatised sideboard you have talent up the wazzoo, you just haven't found your 'thing' yet 😊

Everybody has a thing. Some super talented buggers like you have several and should save some for the rest of us!

I'm good at telly but I used to draw as a kid/teen and wasn't too bad at it. But I've lost my confidence and have a fear of picking up my pencil. I've had a sketch book and pencils unopened in my flat for an entire year. I'm just worried if I start I will suck at it. Which I don't like to contemplate. So I don't start. SIGH.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Thankyou everyone
The interview went well, it's the "first stage of a four-stage interview system".
Ffs.
Warmest regards to everyone and extra tickles under chins to those who appreciate them

❤
😺
🐶
🦘

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I can't even drive, never bothered learning, not sure if I'd be allowed now due to my MH.

I do have a lovely bicycle though. One of the fancy Pendleton ones with a wicker basket on the front. So gauche, lol.

Please do!
I can’t ride a bike. My dad spent many torturous hours teaching me before giving up.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
Husband has had a car accident. He’s fine (well apart from being a bit stiff) but the car is written off.
He beeped a defender that pulled out of a driveway right in front of him so the defender slammed his brakes on. Husband swerved to avoid hitting him and hit a lamppost instead. The other driver stopped, got out of his car and started screaming abuse at him 😞 he’s really shaken.
The other driver called the police who were not impressed to be called out and made it known that they were aware of how the accident occurred but without dash cam footage, nothing could be done.

It was a car my husband had wanted for years. Only small, quite old, used as a runaround but one that made him smile every day. He’d only had it 6 months but said it was the best car he’d ever had. I’ve said the important thing is he’s ok but he’s so, so shaken. He’s a really careful driver and has never had an accident.

Master Froggies has kept the number plate, sobbed a lot and written a card to the car 😭
Oh no I hope Mr Froggies is ok car accidents really shake you without the added stress of an hole giving abuse.

Love to everyone here ❤

If anyone has a bit of free headspace this morning, would you mind flinging a few good luckos over (job interview)

thank(space)you and duck offs all round x
Belated luck sent over

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm good at telly but I used to draw as a kid/teen and wasn't too bad at it. But I've lost my confidence and have a fear of picking up my pencil. I've had a sketch book and pencils unopened in my flat for an entire year. I'm just worried if I start I will suck at it. Which I don't like to contemplate. So I don't start. SIGH.
Please do it Ems! Even if you do suck at it (unlikely) when you start again, you’ll get better at it as you keep going.

I don’t know if this works for everyone, but sometimes I can get back into drawing if I just draw something daft or fun, or like a funny thing for a friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Please do it Ems! Even if you do suck at it (unlikely) when you start again, you’ll get better at it as you keep going.

I don’t know if this works for everyone, but sometimes I can get back into drawing if I just draw something daft or fun, or like a funny thing for a friend.
I'm not great at art but I used to always draw funny things for my friends and family. I haven't done it in years, I feel it's tied into being put on paroxetine in my late 20s. Like it's stifled something in my brain. I might get out the gel pens and have a go at drawing something silly for my mate's birthday, just for fun.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I'm not great at art but I used to always draw funny things for my friends and family. I haven't done it in years, I feel it's tied into being put on paroxetine in my late 20s. Like it's stifled something in my brain. I might get out the gel pens and have a go at drawing something silly for my mate's birthday, just for fun.
Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Do it!! Do it!! Do it!!
I'm going to give it a try! The friend I want to draw for, we've been mates for 36 years and back in the day we'd send one another letters with stupid stuff in them every week. She's recovering from Covid so I think she'd love a reminder of how silly we were before kids and real life took over.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I'm going to give it a try! The friend I want to draw for, we've been mates for 36 years and back in the day we'd send one another letters with stupid stuff in them every week. She's recovering from Covid so I think she'd love a reminder of how silly we were before kids and real life took over.
Aww that will be a lovely pick me up for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Happy Friday everyone.

Our student street party has gone national. Apparently 2000 have RSVPed in our city (not sure how given there was a limit on numbers) but it has now been advertised on private student FB groups at other universities. The VC has got involved but she won’t pull the plug.

I will reply to everyone else but at the moment we are just speechless.

• Wow
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
Any of the upside-downers in Sydney? If so your crazy fog yesterday morning made the front page of BBC News!

Speaking of drawing and motivation - I saw this great youtube video once where this guy was talking about how he wanted to get better at drawing, so he made a resolution that every single day for a year he was going to get *something* down on a page, even if it was literally just one line. So some days he'd come home from work exhausted and not want to do it, but he'd think about how he only had to draw one line and that seemed doable. And then by the time he'd cleared a space and got his paper and ink out and sat down and drawn the one line, suddenly it didn't seem like such a big deal anymore and he found he was often in the mood to carry on - it was just getting started that was hard.

I don't draw but I've stolen this technique for loads of other things. So for example instead of thinking "every Sunday morning I'm going to go for a run" I'll be like, "every Sunday morning I'm going to get dressed in my running clothes instead of my normal clothes", which is literally no extra effort. And then only after getting dressed I decide whether to actually go for a run or not, and 90% of the time I think "well I guess I might as well now". If you have something you want to do but starting feels overwhelming then it's def worth a try.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Happy Friday everyone.

Our student street party has gone national. Apparently 2000 have RSVPed in our city (not sure how given there was a limit on numbers) but it has now been advertised on private student FB groups at other universities. The VC has got involved but she won’t pull the plug.

I will reply to everyone else but at the moment we are just speechless.
I don’t even know what to say Tunnely, that’s just 🤯

Here’s a cute panda video for you and anyone else that might appreciate it 🐼

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I don’t even know what to say Tunnely, that’s just 🤯

Here’s a cute panda video for you and anyone else that might appreciate it 🐼

Where's the squeeee emoji? Their bums are just adorable. Imagine being that dude with panda cubs (?) climbing all over you? I'd die then and there.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.