Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh no @Froggies that's so sad, I hope he manages to get some sleep in, that's such a traumatic thing to happen. Especially when it was in a car he loved so much. Honestly, why are some people such arseholes? ♥

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
Husband has had a car accident. He’s fine (well apart from being a bit stiff) but the car is written off.
He beeped a defender that pulled out of a driveway right in front of him so the defender slammed his brakes on. Husband swerved to avoid hitting him and hit a lamppost instead. The other driver stopped, got out of his car and started screaming abuse at him 😞 he’s really shaken.
The other driver called the police who were not impressed to be called out and made it known that they were aware of how the accident occurred but without dash cam footage, nothing could be done.

It was a car my husband had wanted for years. Only small, quite old, used as a runaround but one that made him smile every day. He’d only had it 6 months but said it was the best car he’d ever had. I’ve said the important thing is he’s ok but he’s so, so shaken. He’s a really careful driver and has never had an accident.

Master Froggies has kept the number plate, sobbed a lot and written a card to the car 😭
Oh, that's awful. I'm very sorry this happened, especially to a loved car 😥

Writing a card to the car is the cutest thing.

Mainly, I hope your husband us okay

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Big hugs to Mr Froggies. Is there something he can keep from the written off car, as a memento?
We’ve got the number plate 🙂

I slept ok, he’s still asleep so hopefully not too stiff when he wakes up. He was talking about buying it off the insurance company last night so fingers crossed he’s given up on that idea this morning 😂
I’m just sad that we didn’t get to use it in summer - it was a soft top Suzuki Jimny and we’ve only managed to have the roof off twice 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I think we need a panda video.
We’ve got the number plate 🙂

I slept ok, he’s still asleep so hopefully not too stiff when he wakes up. He was talking about buying it off the insurance company last night so fingers crossed he’s given up on that idea this morning 😂
I’m just sad that we didn’t get to use it in summer - it was a soft top Suzuki Jimny and we’ve only managed to have the roof off twice 🤦‍♀️
Jimnys are epic. My old colleague had one and she adored it. I can see why he is so sad.

Poor car. 🚙. Even the car emoji looks like a Jimny.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Love to everyone here ❤

If anyone has a bit of free headspace this morning, would you mind flinging a few good luckos over (job interview)

thank(space)you and duck offs all round x

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hope you are all ok this morning Froggies - I was only talking to someone yesterday about how it seems that everyone is more aggressive on the roads at the moment.

Best of luck @Kittypops for the interview, without 🔺 can you say what job it is for?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hope you are all ok this morning Froggies - I was only talking to someone yesterday about how it seems that everyone is more aggressive on the roads at the moment.

Best of luck @Kittypops for the interview, without 🔺 can you say what job it is for?
Thank you! It's an office-based role with, um a computer and some paper and pens 🔺 🔺🔺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
a soft top Suzuki Jimny
Oh my gosh, no lie, my sister drives one of those! (I call it the dune buggy).

If she ever wants to sell it, I'll send her your way! She adores it, so I feel extra sad for Mr Froggies now.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
We have a French person at my work, and today I was lucky to hear her say both, "ooh la la" and (muttering to herself) "merde", so I'm happy with my life choices

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I always (affectionately) refer to those in my head as Barbie cars as my Barbie had a car that looked (a little) like that style when I was little - I remember being so impressed when I got it one Christmas, it felt like the bees knees. Hope Mr Froggies isn’t feeling it this morning pain wise I nearly wrote I hope he isn’t feeling stiff and realised that could be misinterpreted a few different ways :oops:.

🔺 I took Toddler Beds to a Forrest School playgroup his nursery now run. Last couple of times he was super clingy to me but today hit his stride and was happy to go off. Though he did try to let the chickens out of their coup, thankfully there is a second catch out of reach he couldn’t undo! Being outside was lovely though I feel shattered now as it a big site to explore and it’s inevitably messed his nap up - really not sure why I’m bothering to try to get him to sleep when he’s just not interested/clearly happy to have just had a power nap and is instead trying to nip my finger like a puppy 🤪.

I also found out that I’ve been offered a place on a course I applied for/next level to current course. So some good things even in the midst of overwhelm.

Goodluck @Kittypops - remember to mention your 100hr weeks on that hellscape and you’ll be a shoe in!

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Aww thank you all! He’s feeling fine today, just annoyed.
I called it a Barbie car too! I was so looking forward to cruising along the seafront in it this summer 😭

I hope you all have a lovely sunshine filled weekend!

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Here’s a day early fact. The colour Barbie Pink has been trademarked by Mattel and is an official Pantone colour (#219 C).

7046577C-2931-4711-BF0A-ACCEA3AC5A79.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.