Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Aww thank you all! He’s feeling fine today, just annoyed.
I called it a Barbie car too! I was so looking forward to cruising along the seafront in it this summer 😭

I hope you all have a lovely sunshine filled weekend!
In this situation I would wait a good while and then return to the scene and the drive of the offending wanker and post something offensively smelly through their letterbox. Hope Mr F is feeling okay today!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Where's the squeeee emoji? Their bums are just adorable. Imagine being that dude with panda cubs (?) climbing all over you? I'd die then and there.
I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one squee-ing over their bums! (omg there’s a sentence you don’t expect to type)!

Also MCM I love your idea of sending your friend a drawing, like @Shesaidwhat? said it will be such a pick me up.

@Sglodion I love that advice, I might try the line thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m so glad I wasn’t the only one squee-ing over their bums! (omg there’s a sentence you don’t expect to type)!

Also MCM I love your idea of sending your friend a drawing, like @Shesaidwhat? said it will be such a pick me up.

@Sglodion I love that advice, I might try the line thing.
Last time I went to the zoo (kids birthday) I took my brand new digital camera and managed to capture mostly bums the whole day. Bear bums, cheetah bums, meerkat and wombat bums. I loaded the whole lot on to MySpace and got so much grief about having a bum fetish. If there's a downside to that, I don't see it 😊

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I should start small and silly. That's great advice.

And I love how this has prompted other lapsed doodlers to come out of the woodwork. Isn't it funny how we don't just let ourselves enjoy an activity for its own sake?

Here's to more of that sort of thing ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 26
@Nottonightbabe it was Sauce Shop maple habanero but it seems to be out of stock everywhere now 😢 The Meat Lust ghost chilli sauce is good too. I try and restrict myself to three hot sauces on the go at once so I can fit actual food in the fridge around the bottles.

Good luckos @Kittypops I'm sure you'll smash it and you'll have your very own pens that nobody is allowed to touch under any circumstances, not even for a second.

I experienced something positive which I need to appreciate (I am not appreciating the new medication). My sister works at a school and my old biology teacher started working there recently. To cut a long story short, my sister gave my teacher my number and I had a lovely chat with her today. It was difficult for me because she was the reason that I wanted to study biochemistry and in fact ended up going to the same uni she went to and I feel like I let her down when I fucked it all up. Oh no, I'm making it depressing again! It was nice, honestly. It would just be nicer if every time I caught up with someone I didn't have to lie about being well, or dance (a nice gavotte, maybe a ballet number) around the fact I've been unemployed for ten years. Still, as Mario would say, we move 💎 spine bright my lovelies. Kick the rest of Friday's arse!
Dear heart - I’ve re written this thrice now cos idk how to say it without sounding like a tit edge lord or hypocritical but I think it’s really hard to disentangle your self worth from employment status or attainment when you’ve been indoctrinated by your school from year 7 or year 12 to believe in the idea that education leads to a career which leads to a house or family or travel or whatever, it’s all such a weird perpetuated MC myth but hard not to judge yourself through that lense when you’ve spent years studying for something and believing the dreamTM. Work is the weirdest relationship I’ll ever have and I’m currently convinced my dead dad has helped my house purchase so there’s that - it’s hard to unlearn the idea that careers are wholly or even mainly based on merit or attainment so worth something/a good reflection upon you as a person and ur capabilities because the workplace couldn’t be further from that, broadly speaking. Sorry idk if this is an insane rant but my point is you’re very clearly an intelligent person with a growth mindset and an employment status or history doesn’t in/validate that.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I could source us a wagon & a driver for getaway transportation purposes.
My friend has bamboo in her back garden that has accidentally gone a bit out of control so we have at least an afternoon's food lined up.

• Haha
  • Heart
They do milkshake? That looks so nice
I've just been out for my first walk in ages. These ladies are usually in their shelter/shed thing so it's nice to see them out and about.
View attachment 1295597
Lovely moo cows. I waved and pointed "say hello to the moo cows!" and then remembered I was designated driver for the evening, not my kids in the car. My lovely friends still take the piss a couple of decades on

• Haha
Reactions: 24
@Emmapism dear heart, please draw! I felt exactly the same way after an 8 year break because I am a perfectionist and if I'm not immediately good at something I get very frustrated. Eventually I just forced myself to keep doing it and yeah, not everything you do is going to be good but over time you'll get better and better. Also you have to remember that you are more critical of yourself than anyone else is. You'll only see the flaws, other people won't even know they're there because they don't know how you thought it was 'supposed' to look. Everyone's right about drawing stupid tit as well. I find that if I draw a car snake or a bot I don't feel any pressure because it's meant to be rubbish. It's the same for music as well, electroslop is completely different to the dark heavy stuff I usually make. Sorry I've gone on a bit of a ramble there, I feel very strongly about creative pursuits apparently!

You are, as ever, very correct @heretoreaditall2019 I need to bear that in mind. I had a mad amount of pressure to perform academically because I was diagnosed gifted 🥴 and completely buckled. My school was also keen to funnel as many people into A levels at the sixth form and eventually uni as possible so I got sucked into that pipeline and at the end was spat out as a withered hollow husk with a third class degree that's basically worthless. People also really want to know why you haven't got a job and it's like ok, well, I barely know you, I'm not going to go into my entire mental health history right now to justify myself to you? Believe me, if I could just leap into any job, I would.

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Sat in the garden with Tommy today and he was not in a good mood. My Nan says one nasty pigeon keeps trying to peck at him. Not sure how we stop that if anyone has any ideas?! It’s never happened before 🙁

Spot the tortoise!

0116374D-AA07-4D8D-B187-AE81AD1B0BFA.jpeg

80FE9440-61DE-4BD8-A4E4-6DF36FDDF9B3.jpeg

439460E8-9E16-49BE-8A5C-700A67CC36DA.jpeg

• Heart
I feel I need to apologise for going too Me raily on the MT, the moment has passed on there and most of the canal are in here too.

@Emmapism dear heart, please draw! I felt exactly the same way after an 8 year break because I am a perfectionist and if I'm not immediately good at something I get very frustrated. Eventually I just forced myself to keep doing it and yeah, not everything you do is going to be good but over time you'll get better and better. Also you have to remember that you are more critical of yourself than anyone else is. You'll only see the flaws, other people won't even know they're there because they don't know how you thought it was 'supposed' to look. Everyone's right about drawing stupid tit as well. I find that if I draw a car snake or a bot I don't feel any pressure because it's meant to be rubbish. It's the same for music as well, electroslop is completely different to the dark heavy stuff I usually make. Sorry I've gone on a bit of a ramble there, I feel very strongly about creative pursuits apparently!

You are, as ever, very correct @heretoreaditall2019 I need to bear that in mind. I had a mad amount of pressure to perform academically because I was diagnosed gifted 🥴 and completely buckled. My school was also keen to funnel as many people into A levels at the sixth form and eventually uni as possible so I got sucked into that pipeline and at the end was spat out as a withered hollow husk with a third class degree that's basically worthless. People also really want to know why you haven't got a job and it's like ok, well, I barely know you, I'm not going to go into my entire mental health history right now to justify myself to you? Believe me, if I could just leap into any job, I would.
You do what’s best for you Traumy sod everyone else, some people need to realise life isn’t black and white, not having a job doesn’t make you any less of a person.

Sat in the garden with Tommy today and he was not in a good mood. My Nan says one nasty pigeon keeps trying to peck at him. Not sure how we stop that if anyone has any ideas?! It’s never happened before 🙁

Tommy is such a dude I love him 💚

• Heart
Reactions: 21

This might seem weird but could you put a little flag or something on him? Springtime here in Oz we get swooping magpies, it's a real problem. Some folk wear an ice cream container on their heads with little flags and things on them to spook the birds away. Or sticky tape some googly eyes on him to keep them away?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
This might seem weird but could you put a little flag or something on him? Springtime here in Oz we get swooping magpies, it's a real problem. Some folk wear an ice cream container on their heads with little flags and things on them to spook the birds away. Or sticky tape some googly eyes on him to keep them away?
Googly eyes on a tortoise is something I think we all need to see immediately!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
No idea if that would work or not but I definitely want to try just to see him wandering around with googly eyes on! Thanks for the suggestion 🙂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.