Food and Drink #26

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@MancBee found your story very moving. Not going to go on about it but the bravery of you and your generation changed everything for gay men like me who came after you.

I would send more puppy spam but I just trod in a turd while barefoot so am not currently convinced of his cuteness.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
@MancBee found your story very moving. Not going to go on about it but the bravery of you and your generation changed everything for gay men like me who came after you.

I would send more puppy spam but I just trod in a turd while barefoot so am not currently convinced of his cuteness.
Thanks for that comment, but to be fair there were a LOT of good times. The community was never stronger. Looking back, I think that the gay scene was probably more fun than now, but I am biased.

Please do post more pictures of Pupbo, need a distraction.

Back to the thread title Food and Drink, I bought some Oggies in Wales. They were like a pasty made with lamb and mint. The woman serving me said they were a traditional Welsh recipe, but I have never heard of them. Anyone know if she was just spinning me a line or are they really traditional? They were good either way.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
@MancBee thank you for sharing and sorry she’s being a triggering ghoul.

Not as cute as Geetbo Pup, Tunnel Dog and the many many thread cats but Little Beds found a snail on the school run this morning, took it into school and to my horror came out of school holding said snail 🐌. En route home there were lots of birds about as we’ve had a lot of rain so they were looking for worms - Little Beds was hiding the snail from them which was equally cute as it was funny. I’m encouraging him to let the Snail have its freedom back. It’s incredible how kids find such beauty in the ugliest things (sorry snails).

• Heart
Reactions: 25
He's a real smasher. How could you stay angry at him over a tit covered foot?

Glad you washed it off before taking the photo though...
He is the most confident pup I’ve ever had. He met my mum and dads dogs today and was charging around with them. Did my soul good.

Back into a vaguely food and drink theme I’ve been watching Julia this week on sky Atlantic and it’s really good. Niles and Lilith from frasier are in it and it’s glorious.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
0B280664-A00E-479A-BB31-EE181F02F9D1.jpeg

The less chaotic of the teapotcats wanted to say hello. I think we can all agree I’ve caught his best side here.

(Also finding the MT very hard going at the moment. @MancBee - as others have said, I’m so sorry to hear how jack’s upset you. I’ve found your posts here very moving and I wanted to say thank you for sharing).

• Heart
Reactions: 43
View attachment 1291813
The less chaotic of the teapotcats wanted to say hello. I think we can all agree I’ve caught his best side here.

(Also finding the MT very hard going at the moment. @MancBee - as others have said, I’m so sorry to hear how jack’s upset you. I’ve found your posts here very moving and I wanted to say thank you for sharing).
Hello teapotcat! He’s like a very pretty version of this 😜 emoji!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I’m sure she only mentioned that song to get Rev Richard Cole’s attention. She’s a ghoul.
I reckon you're right. Sorry the MT subject has upset you dear ❤Mancbee. And to think her flying monkeys were gleefully piling on a squig with HIV in their status for questioning her only a couple of days ago eh.

Sending internetty hugs and love to all dear fraus suffering any kind of pain xx still haven't made my appointment cos too scared 😥

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Thank you for sharing your story @MancBee, I'm so sorry that Jack's been a triggery cow.

I've found her behaviour recently quite unsettling. It's the constant dropping in of how depressed she supposedly is that's getting to me, only for her to be fine the next day/minute/hour/delete as appropriate. I've been having that feeling of "circling the drain" that I get before tit hits the fan for me MH-wise and her flippant dropping of depression is grating.

On topic of food, we had the baked gnocchi again for supper. All I want to eat at the moment is carbs, so I think I might try a Rachel Roddy recipe tomorrow night.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I just had chips for dinner.

I forgot which frau pointed me in the direction of the hot sauce, but thank you! I've gone through a bottle right quick!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I followed whoever's advice it was and muted a few people on the MT and others, and it has really made a difference!

Thank you to all who have been so open with their stories though, they have been heartbreaking and eye opening and show what good eggs you ninnies are.

As an extra boring thing about me, I got tattooed the other day and my artist was so gorgeous I may be slightly obsessed with him 😵💫 I also redownloaded Hinge the other night and I don't know why because dating is such a pain in the arse.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Thanks for that comment, but to be fair there were a LOT of good times. The community was never stronger. Looking back, I think that the gay scene was probably more fun than now, but I am biased.

Please do post more pictures of Pupbo, need a distraction.

Back to the thread title Food and Drink, I bought some Oggies in Wales. They were like a pasty made with lamb and mint. The woman serving me said they were a traditional Welsh recipe, but I have never heard of them. Anyone know if she was just spinning me a line or are they really traditional? They were good either way.
Sorry if someone else has said this but we have Oggies and Tiddly Oggies here in Melbourne. I've only ever seen them in a bakery chain called Ferguson Plarre, they do lots of English and Welsh baked goods.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
The TV series "It's a sin" was one of the best representations of the HIV crisis I have ever seen. The person that Russel T Davies based his character Colin on was a friend of mine (as was Russel back when he lived here). The old abandoned hospital brought back into use was true, and I remember visiting friends who were in rooms with broken windows with cardboard over them. I watched that series and could name each and every person that his characters were based on. Heartbreaking, but handled very delicately.

Everyone thinks it must have been a permanently depressing time, but quite the reverse. A sense of community I would find hard to describe meant that gay men came together and fought even harder.

Unlike the recent Covid crisis, HIV was seen as something that was your own fault, something that came with shame. HIV caused years and years of illnesses increasing in severity, hammering your immune system until it finally gave up. Thankfully modern medicines mean that HIV is no longer the death sentence it once was, but the shame still exists.
@MancBee We stand on your shoulders and hold your memories

• Heart
Reactions: 19
What’s an oggie? My only experience of that word is it being shouted at me whilst running the GNR. Not something I want to repeat.

Tunnel dog is on Hinge. A lovely student walked her when he was really low during the lockdowns and they became really good friends. He then got better and wanted to become more social and as she was in all his recent pictures, she was in his profile.

Hope those who are finding things hard, whether in RL or reading the MT are OK.
ETA
I know this is a happy thread but I’ve just read the news this morning. It is happening over and over again. Most recently to those who are vulnerable and/or discriminated against.

@Valiofthedolls thinking of you ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Morning/afternoon/evening everyone, I didn't know this thread existed!

It's lovely to see you all, I dont contribute a lot to the MT, but I read it all (mostly behind the times). I've been finding it hard going, unbearable really, so lurking here sounds good!

• Heart
Lovely to see you over here @MancBee though so sorry for the circumstances that led you here. She really is a ghoul isn't she? I've taken a step back from the MT too as she's too much atm.

Absolutely loving the pup @Geetbo ! Puppies are both the best and the worst at times 🤣 I just trod in a lovely puddle, took JC pup out for a wee, then she decided to do another right outside my office door, in the time it took me to go in there, log on, then come out again to make a cuppa. How can I be mad at this little face though? (This was when she got all soggy rolling around after it rained)
Screenshot_20220521-090345_Facebook.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.