Food and Drink #24

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thor's cute at the moment, he looks like a mini lion. He's all saggy, bless him.
ETA It looks like photoshop but it's not.
65A9F2D0-936A-481F-9256-726F93E1737C.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
Oh what a cutie!!! Such a lion 😻 I once read a book about how to look after cats, and chapter 1 honestly had a sentence that said, ”so, how do you get used to miniature lions sharing your home!”.
Lmao, mine remind me of bears. Big bums and feet.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Apols to the sheepos, how could I forget sheepos! Lovely to see a goato and otteros too. Just going save time and climb into a coffin now as spite bedding has nearly finished me.

Here's a pretzel cat. Good luck working out what's going on here. I'm not fully convinced she has all the bones she ought to have.

View attachment 1167452
sideboard cat is the perfect mascot for our threads. she's clearly very intelligent because she chose you, sidey t. and also, she's so gorgeous 😻

• Heart
Reactions: 18
K, so I've not got a fact I'm afraid, but I feel the need to share this twitter account with you all. it's a webcam that's trained on a peregrine nest on top of a church next door to the university in sheffield city centre.

the parents have just laid 4 eggs and there's a big following who keep their eyes on it. it's lovely

I LOVE this! Cornell University have Red Tailed Hawks on a live cam who coincidentally also have four eggs this year. It’s so therapeutic to watch. Here’s more info

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Something I hope will make some of you laugh, I'm not a promoter of The Lancashire Hotpots and don't admire everything they do but they really hit the spot sometimes

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Last night me and some pals had a Japanese inspired night. Me and Mr Kebab were on side dishes, one of the things we made was temari sushi:

277577950_10158942655919891_4609644913295630231_n.jpeg

For the trial run I used tutorials from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHA2IcIaFU7BwlLksNr9UQQ
I find him really relaxing to listen to - he lives in Germany but went back to his parents house and did a tour of a traditional Japanese home which was fascinating.
TBH the yellow radish (takuan) is a bit blerghhh but I think if you love a pickle you'd like it. We also made inari which are my fave but they were not photogenic soz

Sorry to the frauen who have haywire things going on in the hystero department. I've had a mare the past couple of years with various issues and am just thankful my GP has been an uber-babe with helping me so sending positive GP-vibes. If I could post her to you I would.
I was wearing gorgeous, light coloured pants yesterday and randomly started bleeding. I'm 100% blaming the Covid I had the other week, but I will also keep an eye on it. I'm prone to spotting due to only having had my copper IUD for a few months but this was like a full blown period

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Last night me and some pals had a Japanese inspired night. Me and Mr Kebab were on side dishes, one of the things we made was temari sushi:

View attachment 1167937
For the trial run I used tutorials from this guy: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHA2IcIaFU7BwlLksNr9UQQ
I find him really relaxing to listen to - he lives in Germany but went back to his parents house and did a tour of a traditional Japanese home which was fascinating.
TBH the yellow radish (takuan) is a bit blerghhh but I think if you love a pickle you'd like it. We also made inari which are my fave but they were not photogenic soz

Sorry to the frauen who have haywire things going on in the hystero department. I've had a mare the past couple of years with various issues and am just thankful my GP has been an uber-babe with helping me so sending positive GP-vibes. If I could post her to you I would.
I was wearing gorgeous, light coloured pants yesterday and randomly started bleeding. I'm 100% blaming the Covid I had the other week, but I will also keep an eye on it. I'm prone to spotting due to only having had my copper IUD for a few months but this was like a full blown period
They look fab!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
WoohCat1 says hi, kid
Woohcat1 is 😍

I am obsessively watching my smart meter.

Doing BIGMaths over and over. I cannot live like this.

Tunnel dog is not up for cuddles she is helping watch for neighbourcat.

Send redpandaos.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Lmao, mine remind me of bears. Big bums and feet.
I call WoohCat1 bear, and WoohCat2 lion. "You're like a LION", I say to 2, as if in great wonder and awe. He looks so proud when I say it.

I note that my irrepressible good spirits have returned. I'd like to thank Sertraline 150mg daily since July 2018, sunshine over the weekend, breathing properly and two wonderful young women I'm training in the kitchen workplace. Their enthusiasm, wit, intelligence, and ease in themselves, is heartening. [Have I overused commas here?]

I think all of us can take a moment to be a bit proud that we've helped form the next generation of women and boosted them to stand on our shoulders. In all our very different ways. Fist punch!

Woohcat1 is 😍

Send redpandaos.
It certainly sounds terrifying. Please can you point me to any article re the "why" of this energy bill issue you're all facing? I've googled but the algorithms are sending me in the wrong direction

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
I don’t know? Energy companies going bust, us having to buy more in, the war in Ukraine, our renewables not being good enough to provide enough power?

I read but don’t really know.

Anyone help me out?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I've just discovered my idiot (solid black, newton's cradle-for-a brain) rag doll cross has a doppelganger. I saw it in the street near my other two so tried to call it in, and it just stared at me which is very on brand for my raggie so I kept trying until my ACTUAL cat came out the house looking confused. I was utterly baffled for a second and then he wandered off with his doppelganger.

I then caught the fake cat trying to get in my bedroom window and I've since been wondering if I've spent the past however many months feeding two identical cats.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The energy prices are a perfect storm of events. The government fixed the top price to help consumers, but it was always going to end. The effects of Brexit and covid coincide with Russia invading Ukraine (where a lot of gas comes from or passes through). Prices were artificially low for a long while. The number of energy companies meant smaller ones went bust when wholesale prices started to climb. The infrastructure needs constant maintenance which seems to have spiralling costs too.

It's been building for 3 years to where we are now. I have no idea how the country gets out of it. That said, I am not an accountant or economist - just about bright enough to realize I'm too thick to know how it could be resolved.

I'm guessing Rishi will step in, but it will be at the expense of something else. It's a weird situation, but then all current affairs feels like that to me at the moment. What won't fix the problem is cooking in pineapple juice or putting water in the oven.

No interesting food to report. Have a cat picture instead. She has just woken up and seemed surprised to see me.
IMG_20210313_151313.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Woohcat1 is 😍

Send redpandaos.
Sending you excel spreadsheeto’s I have recently discovered an “energy saver” option on my washing machine and I feel a bit 😳 that I wasn’t already using it, but it doesn’t work on every cycle (which is why I’d not bothered after initial investigations 8 year ago).

I've just discovered my idiot (solid black, newton's cradle-for-a brain) rag doll cross has a doppelganger. I saw it in the street near my other two so tried to call it in, and it just stared at me which is very on brand for my raggie so I kept trying until my ACTUAL cat came out the house looking confused. I was utterly baffled for a second and then he wandered off with his doppelganger.

I then caught the fake cat trying to get in my bedroom window and I've since been wondering if I've spent the past however many months feeding two identical cats.
OMG I love “this is not my cat” listicles 🤣🤣🤣you could totally do one with fake BowieCat

• Heart
The energy prices are a perfect storm of events. The government fixed the top price to help consumers, but it was always going to end. The effects of Brexit and covid coincide with Russia invading Ukraine (where a lot of gas comes from or passes through). Prices were artificially low for a long while. The number of energy companies meant smaller ones went bust when wholesale prices started to climb. The infrastructure needs constant maintenance which seems to have spiralling costs too.

It's been building for 3 years to where we are now. I have no idea how the country gets out of it. That said, I am not an accountant or economist - just about bright enough to realize I'm too thick to know how it could be resolved.

I'm guessing Rishi will step in, but it will be at the expense of something else. It's a weird situation, but then all current affairs feels like that to me at the moment. What won't fix the problem is cooking in pineapple juice or putting water in the oven.

No interesting food to report. Have a cat picture instead. She has just woken up and seemed surprised to see me.
View attachment 1168703
Forbidden tummy fur on display there.

Position of danger.

Mrs T changed her sim deal and we got 3 months of free Disney+ so I am making myself feel better by having an Alien marathon. Still don’t have a clue about Prometheus or Covenant but now onto Alien.

No food craic. No funny craic.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

View attachment 1168703
There’s a thread on here with this theme called the winter of discontent that I lurk/occasionally post on, I’m not sure how legit some of the commenters are but some people post esssaaaaays on this stuff. Stuff about food shortages and cost of farm stuff and energy supply issues, it’s 🤯 but sounds up your street?

It is a perfect storm. Not at all saying 🥹think of the over leveraged middle classes🥹 but yikes at this all being so close to the stamp duty holiday where you had people massively over stretching themselves at a time interest rates were microscopic (0.1%? Iirc?) now we’ve had two rises since and this. I anticipate a ton of Telegraph money “the squeezed middle” articles going viral on Twitter 😬

• Wow
Sending you excel spreadsheeto’s I have recently discovered an “energy saver” option on my washing machine and I feel a bit 😳 that I wasn’t already using it, but it doesn’t work on every cycle (which is why I’d not bothered after initial investigations 8 year ago).

OMG I love “this is not my cat” listicles 🤣🤣🤣you could totally do one with fake BowieCat
I just need to figure out which one is the impostor first!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There’s a thread on here with this theme called the winter of discontent that I lurk/occasionally post on, I’m not sure how legit some of the commenters are but some people post esssaaaaays on this stuff. Stuff about food shortages and cost of farm stuff and energy supply issues, it’s 🤯 but sounds up your street?

It is a perfect storm. Not at all saying 🥹think of the over leveraged middle classes🥹 but yikes at this all being so close to the stamp duty holiday where you had people massively over stretching themselves at a time interest rates were microscopic (0.1%? Iirc?) now we’ve had two rises since and this. I anticipate a ton of Telegraph money “the squeezed middle” articles going viral on Twitter 😬
Oh, I'm way too scared of the rest of Tattle! I looked at that thread when it started and initially seemed interesting but it seems hard to post without getting snotty replies. It took me nearly 6 months to post on the JM thread, even though everyone is very kind & considered in their posts.

The stamp duty holiday was an odd one, as you say interest rates were only going one way after 8-9 years at rock bottom. I fear for my idiot sibling who decided to move 300 miles in lockdown to a house needing investment. And council tax rises. The positive is that it is coming towards warmer weather. I shall chase the cat for a bit as a distraction!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.