Food and Drink #21

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sidey B, I love that Oasis quote! I had a rough time as a teen due to MH issues and family stuff. I can honestly say that heavy metal saved my life and sanity many times over. Other music to a lesser extent now I'm 54 but
I can completely understand what you mean.
I’m so sorry you had a rough time, but glad you know what I mean, and more importantly, that music was there for you too. I’m glad you’re here to tell the tale, that goes for everyone else here too ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I’m so sorry you had a rough time, but glad you know what I mean, and more importantly, that music was there for you too. I’m glad you’re here to tell the tale, that goes for everyone else here too ❤
I'm glad too, but also I can't believe I forgot Chandler's middle name was Muriel. Have a baby Pooh.
E077093F-3572-4EBB-9FE1-CC787819D90D.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Sidey B, I love that Oasis quote! I had a rough time as a teen due to MH issues and family stuff. I can honestly say that heavy metal saved my life and sanity many times over. Other music to a lesser extent now I'm 54 but
I can completely understand what you mean.
It’s amazing what it can do isn’t it? When I didn’t know who I was in university (read hadn’t met Mrs T) was acting like a grade A twit in every way, chilled out trance is what got me through. Barely listen to it now because it takes me back to that time.

You need to stop with those pictures. Getting cat broody again.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Alright I'm too scared of mask wearing cheese to sleep now. IIRC there are a few peeps on here that could explain things about fillers to me?

I have questions (we do not learn about these things as paramedics but you lot are a trusted resource for a shadowy cabal) as I'm tempted to give it a try.
“mask wearing cheese” 🤣 Yes me too Punky!
I can’t believe they don’t teach you about fillers in paramedics training (in all seriousness though, I have massive respect for what you do). If you don’t find any answers here, I’d recommend asking on the Sali Hughes thread, they really know their stuff there and are really cool and welcoming.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
It’s amazing what it can do isn’t it? When I didn’t know who I was in university (read hadn’t met Mrs T) was acting like a grade A twit in every way, chilled out trance is what got me through. Barely listen to it now because it takes me back to that time.

You need to stop with those pictures. Getting cat broody again.
I'm going to see my bestie next week, she has just rescued two abandoned kittens. Some absolute crint left them on a freeway. 😡
She already has two other cats, two dogs, two chickens and a turtle. It's such a happy madhouse, she's one of those people who just can't say no to an animal in distress.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
I'm going to see my bestie next week, she has just rescued two abandoned kittens. Some absolute crint left them on a freeway. 😡
She already has two other cats, two dogs, two chickens and a turtle. It's such a happy madhouse, she's one of those people who just can't say no to an animal in distress.
Animal cruelty is my 🤬. I haven’t watched S8 of GOT because I know a dragon dies. Needless to say that hasn’t gone down well in the Tunnel household. We have done 1-7 x2 with me promising twice to watch 8 but binning out both times.

Tunnel cat was rescued and he was the best. He was involved in a court case so we had to wait before we got him.

That post was sad so here is Tunnel dog as a pup
7F0BCA47-0E14-433D-A83A-C953AB668FA7.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26
“mask wearing cheese” 🤣 Yes me too Punky!
I can’t believe they don’t teach you about fillers in paramedics training (in all seriousness though, I have massive respect for what you do). If you don’t find any answers here, I’d recommend asking on the Sali Hughes thread, they really know their stuff there and are really cool and welcoming.
Thanks Bob!

They might cover cosmetics now but they didn't then and I was probably BUSY that day, maybe even having a sandwich, is that ok?

Just noticed there's filler chat on the GE thread as well, good to know I am, as usual, about a year late to the party...

I know an excellent doctor so not worried about sourcing but all these pics of lumpiness make me queasy. You know those little squishy toys full of slime, you can squeeze them so they bubble out? I can't unsee that.
Unsettling when it's someone's face!

ETA I jest, obviously, we don't have time to buy sandwiches right now 😋

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
That Oasis story is just amazing.

Growing up near Manchester, when they became what they did holds something special in my heart. Unfortunately, I never got to see them, although I did see Blur and Pulp. I was meant to see the Stereophonics at the SU but I had a test the next day and binned out. That test really got me far didn’t it?
Tunnel, this resonated with me so much. I also remember getting The Second Coming on tape the day it came out, my dad putting it on in the car outside our house and it taking the length of the intro and Ian Brown to start singing just as he dropped me off on Whitworth Street for a night out. Such a magical time.

I was back in the centre of Manchester recently for the first time in ages and me and a friend from that time spent ages trying to find somewhere to eat that wasn't full on a Saturday night, ended up walking past all our old haunts which threw me into a massive depression for weeks afterwards because I miss those days and those friends so much. One person in particular with whom I have an enduring and complicated relationship, it's our 'anniversary' tomorrow... <sighs in teenager>

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Tunnel, this resonated with me so much. I also remember getting The Second Coming on tape the day it came out, my dad putting it on in the car outside our house and it taking the length of the intro and Ian Brown to start singing just as he dropped me off on Whitworth Street for a night out. Such a magical time.

I was back in the centre of Manchester recently for the first time in ages and me and a friend from that time spent ages trying to find somewhere to eat that wasn't full on a Saturday night, ended up walking past all our old haunts which threw me into a massive depression for weeks afterwards because I miss those days and those friends so much. One person in particular with whom I have an enduring and complicated relationship, it's our 'anniversary' tomorrow... <sighs in teenager>
Sorry to go all Manchester on people, but the Venue was our haunt as well as Canal St because it felt the safest and nicest place to be. There also was a bar that was full of uni students so we always got in (no one ever asked for id) called Generation X I think.

Being with people who remind you of those times can bring back v strong memories.

I am not sure I can go back to my uni town.

• Heart
I clarified this with track and trace this week for the same reason. Even if you’re still positive after ten days you’re allowed out, so there you go! The 2 day thing is for early release for vaxxed. I wasn’t lucky enough to get a negative twice but my partner was! As once you’ve got the virus, you can still shed it. No pcrs for 3 months etc etc. So enjoy your freedom and hope you feel better soon x
Oh I know I can after 10 days, it's just that today is day 10, so to break out before midnight today, I'd still need the two negs. Honestly, I still don't feel well, so it's just saving me from bad decisions. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Happy new year slightly early from Junior Horse, who finally got the hang of standing on a mat today :) Here he is staring at his big love in life, traffic cones for targeting. And yes, he did eat all the pies for Christmas, we're working on it!! But he was such a good lad today, over the last 2 years he's gone from a shutdown 'don't want to know about humans' horse when he arrived to one standing at the field gate as soon as he hears me outside in the morning, saying 'Come on, what are we doing today then?' My new year's resolution is to find some more regular time for him, because I think he's in the right headspace to have a saddle back on again.
20211231_115045.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Haven't been on here for a while, just popping in to say hi and send love to everyone, hope you're all ok. For those that are having rough bits, I hope they get better for you soon ❤.

I'm doing bugger all this eve, as Omicron came to stay just after Christmas, so we are the house of disease! First time I've had covid, it's a weird one, keeps changing into different things with me. Had a cough and sore throat, then that went, was doing alright and cough came back, but differently this time. Ugh. My mouth is super sore and dry too 😑

My friend has just offered to drop us a doorstep lasagne though, and she's a good cook so I'm chuffed!

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Happy New Year from the Laaaannd of Oz! It's still unbearably warm here. All the best to all of you, it's a really special thing to be part of a cable like this. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 21
HNY MCM, have you celebrated yet where you are? How does it feel being in a country that has different TZ?

There is that saying that we can travel five hours, cross the entire country, barely understand each other due to accents and have different words for rolls and alleyways, whereas in Australia and America, you can drive for 5 hours and still be in the same state.

🎉 (Same time same post MCM ❤❤❤)

• Heart
Reactions: 15
There are slight variations in accents, I can tell a Queenslander from a Victorian pretty easy! When I moved to Vic from South Australia people kept asking if I was English because folk in SA have a very different way of saying plant and dance, etc.
It's a shorter plane trip to travel to NZ than it is to get to Darwin, haha.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.