Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Traazers

VIP Member
I fell over and sprained the same ankle for the third time in seven days tonight, beginning to think I’m the victim of some really half arsed smiting because I’ve not actually fallen over anything at any point. This time a man came over and checked I was okay though which is better than the last two

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
This is a bit niche, (I was also looking for nice things as an alternative to the MT), but here’s the most surprising art quote I’ve ever seen! 😮

D45CEE0C-D95A-44FE-BDCE-7690EC330B6A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Oh if we’re sharing memes please can I add this one, I think it was on the memes thread recently, and it made me 🦉 🍾

127CDF2F-F268-4F01-9799-1B76831E685A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I love that we really are a shady cabal, communicating through the medium of graffitied profanities across Edinburgh.

• Haha

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
well, after the snow in the night, we've had a power cut and now the tv signal's gone and I'm gonna have to watch strictly on my phone, aren't I? fml 😫

anyhoo, as I promised over on the mt - TREE! (see, I keep to my to do list. sometimes.) it may not have £3k of crap on it, but we like it

View attachment 891438
Aww that’s like a breath of fresh air after a certain tree we‘ve all seen recently! The decorations are so cute 😍 I love love love the little bird with the hat!

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
Belated birthday greetings Sidey T. Thanks for another year of making me laugh and our weird, collective vocabulary that seems the norm when I open these threads. May you have a year of rinsed beans and brown food.

I like spaghetti. The ratio of pasta to sauce is very important to me. I am sure there must be a mathematical formulae for this. If only Pythagoras has concentrated on the important things in life and had discovered the theorem for this, selfish bastard.

• Heart
  • Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
gorge lakes, mcm. ❤

obv not as lovely as oz, but there's a "Blue Lagoon" near where my dad and stepmum live

it's mainly frequented by teenagers smoking weed and regular reminders have to be issued to dissuade people from diving in as it's toxic because it used to be a quarry

here's a nice photo though (that I stole from reddit because it's too damn difficult to scroll back to find my own pic)

Screenshot_20211205-211040_Chrome.jpg

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
New thread time
cocktails are currently being served

Some words we use on here and what they mean

Lots of us on here originate from the Jack Monroe threads, and because of this we use some in-joke words and phrases. Everyone is welcome, of course, so here is a post from Switch that might help:

I love that we've organically basically created our own phrases and words – it’s like the internet equivalent of a regional accent!

All are welcome here! Please do feel free to talk about food/drink/life in general! To avoid any confusion some common things/words you might see:

Fraus / frauen – the witty ladies and gentlemen of the Jack Monroe threads were once referred to as a ‘a cabal of sad little hausfraus’ or something like it and we all loved it and adopted it as a term of endearment (so you may see someone say ‘hey fraus!’ Or ‘how are the cabal today?’ Or sometimes bastardised to 'canal')

🔺️ – triangulation warning! (as in to make yourself potentially locatable/identifiable to a washed up food blogger with a 100% success rate in court and an obsession with tattlers)

Grunking/having a grunka/a grunka lunka – to catch up on lots of posts (named after the wonderful @GrunkaLunka )

'Now fuck off xx' – you might see us put this at the end of our posts, but we're just joking around don't worry!

‘I’M BUSY/something about a piss and a sandwich’ again mocking Jack Monroe who on #31 of her threads joined Tattle and tried to turn it into her bloody diary with a bunch of long self pitying posts, but had the nerve to ask if she ‘could go now’ for a piss and a sandwich to which the cabal were like ... ‘Yes please. Go. We have been telling you to leave for hours.’

ALSO:

1. MT or Mother Thread means the Jack Monroe thread.
  2. We might mention Vladimir Putin / ‘Vlad’ and be paid with bitcoin.
  3. Please feel welcome to join in - the thread is about food and drink, but also everything and anything else.

• Heart

EllaEm87

VIP Member
Went onto the A&I threads last night after seeing it mentioned here. She’s not ok! Very concerning.
@HotesTilaire no shame in cleaners! I fully intend to have one one day as I know my fatigue means things don’t get done. Plus, it employs someone that’s ALWAYS a good thing!

@Into_the_tunnel exactly. When I’m completely drained and don’t have the time or energy for social interaction, I just read Tattle and still feel I’m contributing and part of a community, even if it’s not physically. I can’t imagine how Id feel without. Sure, I have friends who I message but this goes into healthy discussion and a bit of banter and is always there when you’re a bit lonely. We got each other ♥

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
I know I didn't ask first, as is customary, but I also drew Tunnel Dog. Bear in mind I am a professional, so I will actually need you to Paypal me £25 for this gift 🥰

This is 😘. Tunnel dog will be over the moon as am I.

I will print it out multiple times so it can go over her bed the sofa/our bed/the armchair/her seat of the car and she can be reminded how much she is loved.

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
@Into_the_tunnel you are spot on - this place is a safe space for me. Due to my job (I travel) sometimes I have very little social interaction and I really struggle when my children are with their dad. I like to sometimes just read here, I don't always post, but I like the snippets of peoples everyday lives and their thoughts and it makes me feel less lonely and more connected to the world.

@HotesTilaire I was so overwhelmed with the housework and garden that this week I booked a cleaner and someone to cut the grass. I just didn't have the time or energy to do it. I feel so much better for it. Now I just need to sort out the charity shop bags.......

• Heart
Ever since the end of the last lockdown I've had daily anxiety about another one and it feels inevitable at this point. The whole situation is quite clearly not under control and making masks mandatory again isn't going to work if none of the major supermarkets are willing to enforce it. Although I don't work I can understand why working from home is difficult as I've found the same thing with exercise. I've got an entire gym set-up crammed into my one bed flat but it's so much harder to find motivation even though everything I need is right there. Sorry to bring the gloom. To balance it out, it's the return of the Christmas sloth. Just call me motivational mama (not really, please don't).

motivational ts.jpg

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
It is the law in a hotel (as it is a holiday) to just go mad with food. I hope you had room service club sandwich and chips 👍
Thank you for saying that, I totally agree - we've been away for the weekend and I swear I'm half a stone heavier than I was on Friday!! The hotel we were staying in has the most amazing restaurant, it used to be overseen by Albert Roux, but they've gone independent now without any drop in quality. So on Friday night I had a celeriac and apple veloute poured into a bowl around a quinelle of horseradish mousse, followed by Angus beef with locally-foraged mushrooms, shallots and tenderstem broccoli, and then something they called Textures of Chocolate for dessert, which was two chocolate biscuits sandwiched together with salted caramel, a chocolate cake and something else which I've promptly forgotten but was bloody delicious. Then last night I had duck rillette on truffle brioche with figs to start, followed by roast partridge with a partridge pithivier, salsify, bread sauce and a madeira jus, and then strawberry and lemon sorbet to finish.

Absolutely amazing and also they do a three-course breakfast menu - you start with either porridge, homemade muesli, vanilla-poached pears in homemade yoghurt or a fruit and berry bowl, then you have a choice of a full Scottish, kippers, smoked salmon and scrambled eggs or an omelette, and then it's toast, croissants and pastries. I failed to reach the croissants and pastries stage both mornings!

• Heart
I don’t eat soup, and am tomato phobic, but the tin is often marked as cream of tomato, would that calm it down?

quick google says
Dairy
The heat from cayenne comes from capsaicin, which you can neutralize with dairy products. Capsaicin’s heat comes from the fact that it binds to nerve receptors. Dairy contains the casein compound that binds with the capsaicin oils allowing them to be dispersed and washed away from the nerve receptors. Dairy can be added to spicy dishes in numerous forms ranging from sour cream in chili con carne to yogurt accompaniments for curry.
I’m glad you’ve got the #facts cos I was going to say just put some Greek yoghurt in it. We’ve got yoghurt coming out the ears here though as it’s a huge baby hit.

Re Halloween - weirdly quite enjoying the vibes this year but suspect it’s pandemic induced, we’ve got nothing else to get excited about have we! We just went on a walk to look at all the decorated houses which was lovely, 👶🏼 is funny she waves at the “people” in the scenes, hun it’s the living dead pls refrain! Next year I’ll decorate the house so we get people knocking, this year can’t be doing with the up and down all the time or it potentially waking baby.

• Heart
  • Haha

Shesaidwhat?

VIP Member
Not that I’m deliberately keeping it a secret or anything but there’s only a handful of people know I’m on Tattle. It’s probably a bit different for me because I’ve told the people that know how kind people have been to me and each other on here.

But that never gets spoken about it’s always what a terrible & evil place it is, whilst yes I stumble on a few threads and/or posts and think yeesh but to me it’s no different than having a gossip with friends.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Eurgh

VIP Member
Well lads you’ve just influenced me to add two Idahoans to my online shop. My child refuses my mash because it’s too lumpy (it’s not) and not yummy like at school. I know. Rude as fuck. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
  • Sad

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
Sending glove love to all and your beautiful cats.

This cutie isn’t mine, but thought some of you here might appreciate it, it’s from @ Bodegacats_ on Twitter.

D14F2EC2-EA0F-41F5-9D57-C9A399D3BA72.jpeg

• Heart
  • Haha

Traazers

VIP Member
I feel so wrong for laughing but, that’s some classic slapstick comedy!
I'm not sure I could replicate it if I tried (not that I'd want to). I had scabby lips for about two weeks and had to tell my colleagues the stupid story repeatedly.

In other news, there's two cars loitering outside my house with their engines running and it's making me nervous
update: they've gone, but not before all 8 men got out of both cars and pissed up against the fence around a park opposite me, two at a time. Like a weird pissing ceremony.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Wow
  • Heart

MaineCoonMama

VIP Member
@Universal Im doing ok. I can't move until next year, I've had a few health setbacks and the way our system is set up I have to stay in my state to access the proper healthcare without having to pay an arm and a leg! My husband's been a bit more reasonable lately so that's been a relief.

• Heart

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
It's very different from the way I thought mine would be, to be fair! I grew up in the middle of Bristol, then moved to Reading, Cambridge and south London. I only started living here 13 years ago, when I was in my early 30s. Steep learning curve :)
It’s amazing how life turns out isn’t it? I spent a few weeks in NYC after I finished university and I was desperate to stay instead of coming home to do postgrad. In the bad moments (standing in Tunnel dog poo mainly) I often wonder what could have been if I had done the GRE…

Sheepo news is like our little weekly Archers (or Vera, or whatever is your thing). I love it ❤.

• Heart