Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Had my booster vaccine today, Moderna as opposed to the previous ones, which were Pfizer. Had no side effects before, other than arm pain. This time though my body hurts! Not fluey aches, but like I'm bruised over my back and torso, from shoulder down to hips. Feel like I've taken a tumble down some stairs 😑

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

Sideboard Bob

VIP Member
I am another one who has butter with peanut butter on a sandwich! Whole Earth crunchy peanut butter and a cheap Tesco vegan spread 👩‍🍳 💋

I went to meet some friends today and had social anxiety. I’ve had lots of experience with anxiety, but luckily never social anxiety until today.

It’s just because I am going through depression at the moment (I’m not saying this in a sad-fishing way just to explain). Just now my brain rejects anything “good”.

To be honest it gave me even more respect for people who deal with social anxiety frequently, I’d always empathised, but now I know how it feels and ugh, it’s mentally and physically hard, and it must be so hard dealing with that on a daily basis, when we’re in such a socially-orientated world.

I am so lucky, I’ve always been able to just walk into a room of strangers, and not be shy. I’ve always been considerate of my more introverted friends, but now I have a bit more understanding of what it’s like, and just so much respect and admiration for anyone dealing with that.

Last edited:
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
thank you for all your kind words. it's genuinely been a horrible day today and to see that people are thinking of me is so sweet ❤

a colleague who's working from home called me today in tears, and that is just not like her

mr kcc's having to deal with all kinds of stuff with his mother and brother, who are not coping well without his dad

jack's antics on the MT are just awful

and to top it all off, the 70k+ covid cases announced today is really freaking me out

to keep on topic for this thread, we've just had sausages, chips and beans for tea because sometimes, having a kids' tea makes you feel a bit better, doesn't it?

• Heart

Falkor

VIP Member
It's actually not raining here for the first time in weeks, so the ladies have had their fluke and worm doses (I am not popular right now), the remaining lambs have had their earrings put in (Badger is number 44) and I've taken them all back out to the hill to roam while the weather's going to be settled for a spell.

20211215_120707.jpg

20211215_121409.jpg

• Heart
I just witnessed the very moment of hat arrival. The site did a chaos then when I refreshed there were hats. Truly a beautiful moment #natureiswonderful #ilovenature #buymypostcards

I think if you are on the outside looking in, you make assumptions about what a 'gossip site' actually entails, especially when you read hack job articles that reinforce all those ideas. If you take the time to get immersed in the forum culture you find that most people are genuine, witty and intelligent people who like to rinse social media bellends for putting up fishy autumn leafs for all of five seconds or slinging slop. I'm still laughing about Baby Spliff tbh, wish I still 420 blazed it so I could toke up in his honour.

• Haha
  • Heart
Sloppy birthday @Into_the_tunnel the gift puddle has bestowed upon you these fetching mathematical broccoli leggings.

1639675332363.png

I am rubbish at offering support and advice but I want everyone to know that if I ❤ your post both Sideboard Cat and I are thinking of you.

• Heart

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I once literally reached my finger in to a pan of boiling water to grab a piece of pasta so...
Not quite as bad as someone I worked with who put their finger in a deep fat fryer to see if it really was as hot as the temp monitor said…

• Wow
  • Haha

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
This thread tonight is like this gif personified, I love it. We all really picked a good dark corner of the internet to do our evil trolling.

Mrs T calmed down, allowed me to explain (calmly this time) my points. Turns out she was worried the government were going to come and arrest me.

🤨

We are now watching Selling Sunset not in furious silence.

I ❤ Tattle.

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
I am working on the comms for the actual spending review (softly, gently behind the scenes) and as yet not one person has asked for a smol non tax paying pixies opinion.

I also have access to the Twitter account of a govt department (live tweeting the announcements) ohhh imagine the fun I could have!

• Haha
  • Wow

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
So, Mrs T read the tattle article in the Guardian after work today and we have had a huge row over it. Now I am just waiting for the phone call from my parents (lifelong readers) asking me “have I ever heard of this hellsite?”

I just can’t even be bothered defending it/my being on here.

Sorry for being a mood hoover. At least Selling Sunset came on today and I could spend the evening sitting in my furious silence enjoying the houses.

Hats? Wtf? Who ordered hats?

• Heart

Universal

Chatty Member
@MaineCoonMama sorry to hear that, I am just out the other side and I promise you that things get better. This place has been a great distraction. My ex was a miserable man and so we never had people over or did things in the house. This year the house is decorated to the max and I am having a little party for the children with their school friends. I know its hard now (and it might get harder where finances are involved) but being happy and free is so worth it. Lots of love ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤

• Heart

AlphaBetaDeux

I’m home! Well until tomorrow when I’m back in for CT scan (no urban decay harmed in the generation of the referral) but enjoying the freedom for tonight. McDonalds was epic, sweet chilli chicken wrap and chips, although I have serious food envy from reading about other peoples’ dinner, particularly the Thai and Chinese food. I was excited about HTRIA’s fancy British food restaurant until I saw about the Sahara dessert, sad times all round!

• Heart
we’ve spoken about food subs / shortages on this thread before but today they replaced some sanitary towels with full on incontinence nappies! I get that they’re the same ~absorbent technology~ but I can’t imagine many people wouldn’t have returned those?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Imagine driving home and seeing a sheep sat on a completely nonchalant woman's lap in the passenger seat of an oncoming car 😂

A couple of weeks ago I made a toastie with leftover (vegan) haggis and (vegan) cheese stuffed into a pitta so it didn't fall out everywhere and it was incredible. I made it in a frying pan because, as we know, a toastie maker is a very fancy thing to own and I haven't had any luck with any of my local puddles. The apple and mince pie one sounds delightful.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Made them innit @Mustard I've become really lazy with making bread so I'm forcing myself to do it more. Hovis Premium burger rolls are acceptable if you want to buy something similar. I'd already dispatched tonight's hot dog but there'll be another one, I get these sausages (or the bratwurst, which are even better) from a local vegan shop so I've got still got one in the fridge.

I took my extra rolls to the post office to send to the cabal but they told me I'm not allowed to send any more packages? They probably got me confused with Ruby Rose who I often see at the post office sending lots of Lion bars and Space Raiders to Australia.

@emm it's a version of a recipe I found online that I have heavily adapted. I will put it behind a spoiler for length. Hopefully it makes sense.

Ingredients:
280g strong white flour
280g plain white flour
7g instant yeast
8g salt
10g neutral oil
240ml milk (I've used soy, cashew and oat before, all fine)
15g maple syrup

~1/4 cup bicarb

1. Gently warm the milk and maple syrup until it reaches ideal yeast thriving temp
2. Mix both flours, yeast and salt then add the oil and the milk mixture. At this point you will definitely need to add water but I've no idea how much, I do it by feel. It's probably 100-150ml. It will be quite a soft dough but you don't want it sticky
3. Knead for ten minutes then cover and leave to prove for at least an hour until doubled in size
4. Divide dough into eight equal pieces, roll each into a ball then shape into 7in long rolls. Cover and leave for about fifteen minutes.
5. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the bicarb. My largest pan only reasonably holds 1l without boiling over so I use 1/4 cup bicarb. If you have a bigger pan you can scale up. Also put the oven on to 220C
6. When the water is somewhere around intense simmer, carefully lower in a roll and leave for 30 seconds then flip (I use a fork) and leave another 30 seconds. Remove from the pan (I use two forks evenly spaced to stop it tearing anywhere from uneven weight distribution) and put on one of two lined baking trays. It is v important to line the trays or they will stick and it will be a mare. The silicone mats are ideal for this. Slash three times on the diagonal with a very sharp knife and sprinkle with sea salt flakes. Repeat until all rolls have been boiled
7. Bake for 12-13 minutes

• Heart
  • Haha

Universal

Chatty Member
I have just read the article in The Guardian, seriously - how can a journalist not make reference to JM and Tattle when she writes for the newspaper? I think they are terrified of outing themselves as the disingenuous ones.

• Heart
  • Haha

kachoochoo

VIP Member
for those of you yet to vote and who may have not seen the sloppies thread, a reminder that mr kcc will let me post a topless pic if he wins!

for those of you yet to vote and who may have not seen the sloppies thread, a reminder that mr kcc will let me post a topless pic if he wins!
put this in the wrong thread, didn't I? 😆

this is not a good day

Last edited:
  • Haha
I think people are suffering from vaccine fatigue now so it’s no wonder you’re not feeling particularly motivated to have another couple. So glad that we have given you a little push to sort it 😊 As the models are showing that it may be a bad year for flu, even my needle hating husband has gone for his vaccine which has surprised me!
yep and I’ve heard you can catch BOTH at the same time?! Imagine 😱 The flu jab is far easier to tick off, I’m eligible for a freebie but it’s easier to just tick it off with an ad hoc appointment!
If you take the time to get immersed in the forum culture you find that most people are genuine, witty and intelligent people who like to rinse social media bellends for putting up fishy autumn leafs for all of five seconds or slinging slop. I'm still laughing about Baby Spliff tbh, wish I still 420 blazed it so I could toke up in his honour.
forum culture is exactly it. Like anything there are good vibes sections and bad vibes sections, like I LOVE the Jack thread and F&D community but have been a bit put off by some others, such is life I’m sure the Jack threads aren’t everyone’s cup of tea also! It’s like anything ~digital~ you really curate your space and you can define your own boundaries and opt out whenever!

I’m lucky my husband gets it, I’ve written on the MT about his experiences so arguably could be really against tattle. But both of us are able to see the wood for the trees with online chat - not everyone is going to like you in anything you do. I’m sure some people even hate their postman? There are always going to be valid critiques because no one person is perfect and there’s always multiple ways to skin a cat, someone may not agree with your approach to what you did and that is okay. There will always be banter and memes, and some of them are actually very funny. There will also always be the very tiny % who are just abusive, but somehow all of those nuanced groups get lumped into the latter category? Idk there’s a victimhood thing some people carry against tattle that’s so alien to what I know IRL from people who are content creators (legit skilled people not influencers) therefore subject to scrutiny.

• Heart

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I find my birthday is located at a time which is inconvenient for me, so I’ve been doing it on a totally different month. It was working well until the pandemic, but would recommend doing your birthday when it suits you.

Anyway I spent all my time tidying up for when the cleaner comes and then the cleaner didn’t turn up. I’ve made a great start on the cleaning and will just complete it through the week *sigh*

• Heart

Fruitjack

VIP Member
Update: my PCR took 3 full days to come but it was negative and that alongside my 5 negative lateral flows plus consultation with my nurse sister persuaded me that I really do just have a cough even though Mr F is positive so I hotfooted it to my Mum’s where I am now and will be for a few days. All the rest of my family live here too so I will see them all during the few days I am here. I’m currently in my childhood bed. Mr F is still isolating in his own house but is allowed out on Xmas Eve so I will see him then for hopefully a nice walk and a picky tea.

Christmas Day I volunteer so he’ll go off to pick his son up and have dinner while I do that.Helping cook and serve dinner to a lot of people always makes me not fancy a proper meal when I get in so I’ll have pasta or something. I might do a roast for myself on Boxing Day, it’ll be homemade seitan Wellington with the trimmings, I do homemade stuffing, gravy, bread sauce, leeks, red cabbage, sprouts, roasties and probably Yorkshire’s even though it’s only me, but I am a greedy goblin.

• Heart