Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Did anyone used to use the bottled concentrated stock, I think it was Knorr, maybe at some point called "touch of taste"? Does anyone know if this or an alternative exists any more? M&S used to do concentrated stock in a jar but I can't see that now either.
The packaging of the fancy pots seems wasteful and sometimes I don't need that amount. Insta advertised me some stock in tubes but there were added herbs which i wouldn't always want.
Also Morrisons does spreadable butter in a tub with Lurpak colours, but it's just called "Spreadable", not like Lurspread or Spreadpak. Does anyone know if this is a Lurpak dupe? x
I did, haven't seen them in ages.

Don't know about Morrisons but Aldi have a dupe called Norpak. 😂

Reactions: 7

Into_the_tunnel

VIP Member
TRIGGER WARNINGS PLLLLLLEASSEE!!! Good LJC, I am going to be thinking about that for the rest of the day now :sick:
Sorry. I did try. Cross thread posting/copying from a TikTok got me all 🤯.

I can’t see it.

Is anyone else getting adverts for dried vegetables appearing? 1 kg for £8.05? Seems expensive. Anyone ever used them? Seems like an interesting store cupboard item to have in case of shortages or during bad weather.
It’s because you said tomatoes go with tomato ketchup.

Tattle have had their wicked way with you!!!

😂❤

• Haha
  • Heart

kachoochoo

VIP Member
It was the cheddar one. I ate it from the jug like a hungry disabled person too tired to pretend otherwise!
I really should have photographed it, imagine all the free kettles I could have been offered by now.
yum. I've been known to fold put lil slivers of gruyere through instant mash before to make it *fancy* - a riff on aligot, if you will

I'm full of buffet, but I really want some instant mash now 😆

• Heart

Shawads

VIP Member
One of my first favourite places on the internet was a crafty/feminist forum with mostly US users. I just remembered that there was some pride about the red colour being acheived without colouring.
From a skim I think this link covers it

I've only ever had a coffee shop chain one and I think the colour confuses my taste so I don't really know what I'm tasting apart from the cream cheese frosting.

Wow I've never heard of this before these threads, just can't imagine how the dry/chewy sweetness complements myself- not knocking anything I haven't tried though. 'Curry' means a load of things across my background and family, but it never overlaps with British traditions of it x
Thank you that's a really interesting read, feels like I'm not really missing much!

Nah we were too busy boiling the kettle to make Smash whilst soaking sosmix in a jug

I tried one back when they first became a thing, from some bakery up in London. I liked the sponge because it tastes like cocoa but the red colour does make you doubt yourself. I’m not a fan of carrot cake or it’s cream cheese frosting, unfortunately the same frosting is used on red velvet. All in all, I’d rather have a chocolate cake.
My original underwhelm was justified then, slight emporer's new clothes in terms of flavour but aesthetically not bad!

• Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
Did anyone used to use the bottled concentrated stock, I think it was Knorr, maybe at some point called "touch of taste"? Does anyone know if this or an alternative exists any more? M&S used to do concentrated stock in a jar but I can't see that now either.
The packaging of the fancy pots seems wasteful and sometimes I don't need that amount. Insta advertised me some stock in tubes but there were added herbs which i wouldn't always want.
Also Morrisons does spreadable butter in a tub with Lurpak colours, but it's just called "Spreadable", not like Lurspread or Spreadpak. Does anyone know if this is a Lurpak dupe? x
I haven't used it (stock) but I know the stuff you mean. Looks like you can't get it now. If it's a meat stock you want, Bovril is just beef stock concentrate, Morrisons do their own version of it too which is cheaper.

I've had that spreadable butter, it was ok but, such a bugger to actually get out with a knife! Slides all over the shop 😂

• Haha

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Yup :) Mine was sausage, streaky bacon, smoked bacon, haggis, black pudding, mushrooms, tomatoes and two eggs either fried, scrambled or poached. No fried bread or baked beans, sadly, probably too posh a hotel for that :( Often in Scotland you'll get lorne sausage as well, also known as square sausage.
Wot no tatty scones?

I've actually never had an english/irish or scottish breakfast, does this mean I am not British? :ROFLMAO: I like all the components (except bacon) but cannot imagine it as a morning meal
Ewwww hairy bacon

• Haha

EllaEm87

VIP Member
Thank you - it came back negative but I’ve heard of people who’ve had textbook cases and their LFs have come back negative so ordered a PCR too, might go to a drive through tomorrow just to get it done. Sorry I know this isn’t the covid thread but a lot of ppl on this thread have had it and the weary body / exhaustion described is what’s worried me I have it tbh, more than the lack of taste which could just be the bunged up nose! Absolutely no coughing though?!
Definitely go for the PCR! The LFTs aren’t fabulous if you’re symptomatic. Many of my pals tested +ve with pcrs and had negative LFTs the whole was through! Hope you’re ok.

• Heart

Captainmouse

VIP Member
Car crash indeed, I am feeling increasingly worried for the daughters, I fear Alice may do the ultimate in hurting Ioan and it is haunting me...
Silly question, I dipped into the Alice threads, and someone stated the number of people watching the threads, how can you see this?

• Wow

NP

VIP Member
we’ve spoken about food subs / shortages on this thread before but today they replaced some sanitary towels with full on incontinence nappies! I get that they’re the same ~absorbent technology~ but I can’t imagine many people wouldn’t have returned those?!
I’ve been getting loads of subs lately.
I don’t even think they’re the same absorbent technology. There was a post on FB doing the rounds when I was pregnant warning women not to wear incontinence pants in place of maternity pads as they don’t absorb the same way and you could increase the chance of infection. I find it hard to believe they were out of every single sanitary product!

• Heart

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I love love love frozen raspberries, I don’t like the mixed fruit though, it has strawberries in and I don’t think they taste right after freezing. I whack yoghurt, frozen raspberries and oats (can use granola) In a pot before bed, leave in the fridge and grab it in the morning for breakfast. Sometimes I stick the blender in it and drink it. I just got a bag of freeze dried blackberries looking forward to trying them in the mix.
Ah yes strawberries can be a bit weird, I avoid the summer fruits mixes because they're usually in that, black forest mixes are good though, they usually have cherries in too which I like.

EddieBeds

VIP Member
I’ve been inspired by the frozen fruit chat!
Can anyone recommend frozen “cut up” swede?
It’s too difficult for me to cut now because of a health problem.
Morrisons do a bag of frozen swede, diced. I regularly use their frozen veg and never had an issue with it - obviously just need to allow for the fact it’s frozen when using it. Depending what you’re making they also do diced carrot and swede in the fresh veg section which I’ve frozen in the past and used for stews, soups etc.

My Russells are back to full health, cling film has worked its magic! Sorry, the environment, but I definitely recommend for not quite bad enough for minor injuries burns.

Random question in amongst all the frozen fruit and veg chat but can anyone 🔺 Nadiya's dress from Graham Norton?
View attachment 871537
I think it’s from here:

I went for a nosy in her Insta comments after seeing her on the show. Someone had tagged the designer.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Scotty1976

Chatty Member
@Falkor so sorry to here what's happened to your neighbour Joyce beautiful girl Vicky . She seems such a lovely caring lady .

• Heart
  • Sad

emm

VIP Member
KCC your tree is very nice but where are your 400 other baubles, are they still in one of your two sheds?

I made my own version of the peanut butter and jam burger I had a couple of weeks ago and it was a vast improvement. From top down it's black cherry jam, Violife original slice, Marks Plant Kitchen no beef burger, peanut butter (Whole Earth crunchy), all in a Hovis premium burger bun. The peanut butter definitely works but it needs to be one with no added sugar. There was no real thought behind the choice of jam, it was just the one that called out to me.

View attachment 893322
How was it? I get all the other components but the jam.. I don’t love sweet/savoury would it be too much?

I reckon it's still a bit too sweet although the cherry jam was definitely better than strawberry. I once had some dogwood jam from a Polski sklep, I think that would be even better. It's still weird though. It probably varies so much depending on which burger and cheese you use as well.

Hold on, do people not normally put butter on their peanut butter sandwiches?? Have I been doing this wrong my whole life?

• Heart