Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never had to pay for short dated goods by Waitrose, indeed I have had many items delivered free of charge as they didn't want me to be disappointed. That includes lamb mince, salad leaves (a few times), almond croissants and yum yums. They did recently not send me a bottle of prosecco that they said was not available, on that occasion I thought, really? You can't send a substitution? In general I have been really happy with their service.
Do you get your deliveries from a store or a centre? Interesting that they don’t charge you for the short dated items. They always charge me until I call and send them an email showing pictures of the short dated items, then they refund me. I was told that they shouldn’t be charging me, but they always do. I recently received a punnet of tomatoes that stank when I opened them as more than fifty percent were rotten with a date of that day. I was told to order more than I need and I can then send back at the door what I don’t want. i once received a bag of frozen food that had defrosted, including ice cream. I presume it had been put in the wrong compartment in the delivery truck.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Do you get your deliveries from a store or a centre? Interesting that they don’t charge you for the short dated items. They always charge me until I call and send them an email showing pictures of the short dated items, then they refund me. I was told that they shouldn’t be charging me, but they always do. I recently received a punnet of tomatoes that stank when I opened them as more than fifty percent were rotten with a date of that day. I was told to order more than I need and I can then send back at the door what I don’t want. i once received a bag of frozen food that had defrosted, including ice cream. I presume it had been put in the wrong compartment in the delivery truck.
They come from a nearby store. I am really surprised to hear about your problems. My son used to work for Waitrose, they date their fresh goods such as strawberries and bread so they should still be fresh a day of two after the Best Before date. Perhaps there is some poor housekeeping at the branch that serves you?

So a little update on my pain situation as so many of you were so lovely to me yesterday ❤ i passed out in the kitchen this morning, cracked my head on the counter (I look like quasimodo right now :ROFLMAO:) Mr C rang 999, i was taken in an ambulance and went straight in to surgery - woke up about half an hour ago and am tattling to take my mind off things but it turns out what I was told the other week was a cyst was actually an ectopic pregnancy?! I could have died ffs. I have such conflicted views right now as the NHS have been incredible today but surely they should have spotted it when I had my scan? Emotions are also all over the place as I am definitely not ready to have a baby at the mo but I had one growing in me (albeit in the wrong place) and now I'm really upset for the child who could have been. God I'm a mess today, sorry for using you guys to vent! The only good takeaway from this situation is my (currently covered up but I had a peek) scar from the surgery will make me feel like a pirate!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
So a little update on my pain situation as so many of you were so lovely to me yesterday ❤ i passed out in the kitchen this morning, cracked my head on the counter (I look like quasimodo right now :ROFLMAO:) Mr C rang 999, i was taken in an ambulance and went straight in to surgery - woke up about half an hour ago and am tattling to take my mind off things but it turns out what I was told the other week was a cyst was actually an ectopic pregnancy?! I could have died ffs. I have such conflicted views right now as the NHS have been incredible today but surely they should have spotted it when I had my scan? Emotions are also all over the place as I am definitely not ready to have a baby at the mo but I had one growing in me (albeit in the wrong place) and now I'm really upset for the child who could have been. God I'm a mess today, sorry for using you guys to vent! The only good takeaway from this situation is my (currently covered up but I had a peek) scar from the surgery will make me feel like a pirate!
omg how awful, at least in the end it is resolved. I hope mr c is bringing you food so you dont have to also suffer through hospital food !

• Heart
Reactions: 9
omg how awful, at least in the end it is resolved. I hope mr c is bringing you food so you dont have to also suffer through hospital food !
Mr C is the angriest man in the world right now, he's your typical rugby playing lad, I'm sure you all know the type - but he's been properly sobbing today and has been asking me if he would be justified to sue - I said absolutely not, as badly as this has gone for me it's been resolved now and the NHS is so underfunded anyway they are going to make mistakes now and then. I'm the one lying in a hospital bed right now but I feel like he is in so much more pain than I am as he hates seeing me like this, bless him!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Tbh in the midst of all this 'waaah poor me' stuff I just went to the loo and my face is literally hilarious from when i hit the counter 🤣🤣 it doesn't hurt at all due to the pain, i look like a cave troll its amazing 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Oh Jaycloth what a terrible situation for you all. Its a crazy turn of events that took for you to find out what was wrong. So glad the cause was discovered and you are now on the road to recovery. As for the emotional part I am sure you will grieve for the baby. You sound lovely and although a surprise I am sure you would have been a lovely mum. If its not the right time for you then try to grieve this loss and make your future plans when the time is right.

To be honest I feel angry on your behalf - only yesterday we were talking about the lack of decent healthcare for women on here.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Oh @Jay-cloth Cow, what an awful thing to happen. It's no wonder you were in so much pain.
i am so sorry to hear what has happened. I suggest that you contact the PALS department of wherever the scan was done where they told you it was a cyst - was it the hospital where you are now? They will help you address what happened so you can get some answers. It’s nothing to do with suing them. They will help you write the complaint letter.
I had to use them when a consultant failed to spot that I had blood clots in my arm after an MRI. i went to two different GPs afterwards and it wasn’t until I went to the haematology department at the same hospital that they did a scan and found the clots. I had to go on blood thinners for weeks afterwards.

This should be somewhat cathartic for your husband and you and will be a learning experience for medics.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Tbh in the midst of all this 'waaah poor me' stuff I just went to the loo and my face is literally hilarious from when i hit the counter 🤣🤣 it doesn't hurt at all due to the pain, i look like a cave troll its amazing 🤣🤣🤣
I’m so sorry for your loss and so sorry you have been rushed through surgery like this. How are you feeling now? What’s on the menu for tonight - if they’ve given you morphine it really does elevate that hospital food 🔥 Have they given you a rough discharge day?

It’s weird and idk if anyone else has found this but in school when you do biology everything feels so black/white and like it’s very easy to understand and diagnose things when the reality is it’s very, very grey and very hard to know either way. It’s not excusing it but having had experience in the same region I knew they didn’t fully understand what was going on in me until I was opened up & even then I had 2 different diagnoses by a multi disciplinary board after just cos it’s SO complex? Imagine that work in women’s issues is light years behind too cos who cares about our pain, right? Sorry to derail just wanted to say soladirity my love cos it’s shocking we can still have these “surprise” medical outcomes. ❤❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you so much everyone - I'll read all these messages properly tomorrow and respond when I am less full of drugs, lots of love to you all xx

• Heart
Reactions: 16
What an awful situation for you to cope with - wrong diagnosis, collapsing and ending up in hospital. And discovering you were pregnant.
I hope you receive a proper apology from the NHS for the way you have been treated.
Sending big hugs. Vent away, it will do you good ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
So sorry you've had to go through this @Jay-cloth Cow hope you feel better tomorrow and thank god this has been sorted, I can't believe they wanted you to suffer like that for 8 weeks with the amount of pain you were in.

I second going to PALS - if only so those medics get the feedback - it might be that the scan wasn't clear, but if it was a lack of knowledge/oversight on their part then hopefully it will make them more aware for the next poor woman they see in a similar situation.

Most important though is that you rest and take care of yourself/let Mr Cow take care of you. Thinking of you xxx

• Heart
@Jay-cloth Cow I'm so sorry for your loss and what you've experienced. As an ex midwife who spent a few years working on an early pregnancy unit I can say that ectopic pregnancies can be extremely difficult to diagnose. Not excusing your care at all, I've just seen both sides of the coin. Take some time to come to terms with what has happened and heal and decisions can be taken at a later date. Sending love xx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.