Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It never does! Badger is grown up!
The lambs have really had a growth spurt :) They're starting to show a bit of interest in the feed bucket, so next bag I get (I'm nearly at the bottom of this one) I'll get the small pellets rather than the large rolls, which will be easier for them to have a go at.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Sheep are in fine fettle and doing this never gets old :)

You know what I would love. For us all to arrange a meet up with just a place and time arranged and for @Falkor to shout 'Ladies' and watch us all come running to her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Love it! So what do I need to have in my bucket to rattle when I'm gathering a group of Fraus?? Nothing of Jack's would be suitable, all too soft.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
How can @Falkor summon an entire flock of sheep from across a field and yet I can't get my cat to come and sit with me on the sofa when she's two feet away? Shouting 'ladies' has also never once worked for me when I go out on the pull. I'm starting to think I shouldn't base my dating tactics on sheep husbandry.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
About to get the tube for the first time all pandemic 😬 I’m off to something that’s meant to be fun but I’d rather just play with 👶🏼 and watch YouTube tbh. What are you guys all up to tonight/this coming weekend?

Ngl hope I can leave early enough to go to the chip shop on my way home 👀

• Heart
About to get the tube for the first time all pandemic 😬 I’m off to something that’s meant to be fun but I’d rather just play with 👶🏼 and watch YouTube tbh. What are you guys all up to tonight/this coming weekend?

Ngl hope I can leave early enough to go to the chip shop on my way home 👀
I was working in London last week and it was fine, all wore masks and the tube was relatively quiet.

Tonight I have what I think might be a date but I am not sure. I will report back.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I have known him for years in a professional capacity, he was always far more senior than me, but then he moved into a very specific sector of the industry so I didn't have any contact for the past few years. I knew nothing about him (he is very professional and private) other than I thought that he was really clever, funny and sexy when he got a bit angry in meetings. Anyway, a mutual friend saw him earlier this year and they were having chat and he said to the friend to say hello to me. I didn't think any more of it.

He contacted me on LinkedIn in July to say hello and I didn't see the message until 6 weeks later as I never use that site. We exchanged numbers as he said he was working in the North West sometimes and it would be good to meet up. We exchanged a few more texts which were about work stuff but quite chatty.

So, he was speaking at an event in the neighbouring city yesterday ( 🔺 me) and asked if I was going as well to arrange to meet for coffee. I was but the timings didn't work; I was like all casual 'oh see you next time'. He surprised me by saying that instead of staying in the city where the conference was he would travel to my city for dinner and a catch up. Asked me to book somewhere of my choice for last night, his treat. It was only when I was getting ready I realised that coffee at a conference was a different prospect than dinner and drinks. I just assumed it would be another dinner on his expense account.

So he turned up and seemed quite nervous and we had a lovely meal and drinks. He told me he was divorced and I think our mutual friend must have told him I was too. Again, nothing flirty. But when we walked out of the restaurant he done that thing where he guided me around the tables to the door with his hand on my back. It was still early so we had another drink where he was more open and we had a great time.

Turns out he was staying at the poshest hotel in the city and I said 'oh I hear that's a beautiful place' and he asked me if I wanted to have a drink in the bar. I agreed, but we didn't go the bar...

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
I have known him for years in a professional capacity, he was always far more senior than me, but then he moved into a very specific sector of the industry so I didn't have any contact for the past few years. I knew nothing about him (he is very professional and private) other than I thought that he was really clever, funny and sexy when he got a bit angry in meetings. Anyway, a mutual friend saw him earlier this year and they were having chat and he said to the friend to say hello to me. I didn't think any more of it.

He contacted me on LinkedIn in July to say hello and I didn't see the message until 6 weeks later as I never use that site. We exchanged numbers as he said he was working in the North West sometimes and it would be good to meet up. We exchanged a few more texts which were about work stuff but quite chatty.

So, he was speaking at an event in the neighbouring city yesterday ( 🔺 me) and asked if I was going as well to arrange to meet for coffee. I was but the timings didn't work; I was like all casual 'oh see you next time'. He surprised me by saying that instead of staying in the city where the conference was he would travel to my city for dinner and a catch up. Asked me to book somewhere of my choice for last night, his treat. It was only when I was getting ready I realised that coffee at a conference was a different prospect than dinner and drinks. I just assumed it would be another dinner on his expense account.

So he turned up and seemed quite nervous and we had a lovely meal and drinks. He told me he was divorced and I think our mutual friend must have told him I was too. Again, nothing flirty. But when we walked out of the restaurant he done that thing where he guided me around the tables to the door with his hand on my back. It was still early so we had another drink where he was more open and we had a great time.

Turns out he was staying at the poshest hotel in the city and I said 'oh I hear that's a beautiful place' and he asked me if I wanted to have a drink in the bar. I agreed, but we didn't go the bar...

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.