Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve had problems selling and using PayPal and buying and using eBay. I sold something via Gumtree to a person in New York and had the item tracked. PayPal wouldn’t let me have the money for 30 days as it was my first transaction and I had to make a total, I think, of 20 sales before they would allow me to have the money right away. Anyway, the buyer received his vintage coat, as I could see and he didn’t let PayPal know he got the item even though he got it before the 30 day period. I just wanted him to let them now so they would release the money to me on day 30. It took him days to confirm to PayPal that he had received the item, well past the 30 period. I did eventually get the money from them on about day 40.

My first eBay experience involved me paying someone for a vintage coffee table and shipping. However, the seller neglected to tell me there was a big scratch on the table and the pictures did not show this. This made me think she was dishonest, which she was. So I did a review noting this. She became angry with me, and then left me a bad review which was nonsense as I’d paid her upfront. My first experience left me wary of buying anything else. However I did buy another coffee table from a localish person which I was able to pick up in person. i have bought from eBay since but only used companies that took cards so I could dispute through them if necessary. Never used PayPal again.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I will be eating my vegan chilli over the weekend as I dont have freezer space and I feel like a maverick reheating it when the instructions state otherwise.

I went out for dinner last night with this bloke. It was lovely; we didn't have much time so were talking loads and making the most of the time we had before he got on the train. I have been (over)thinking the whole set up though. I like him, we got on so well and he is great company. But - we only really arrange to meet when its convenient for us through work ie when I am working in London or he is up here. To be fair he does stay in my city when he is up here but has meetings elsewhere to be able to see me. Because we both travel a lot with work this does make sense and is practical. I don't even know why I am writing this down sorry! No one else knows about me and him but you lot so I guess thats why I am telling you.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Universal it seems nice and not too heavy, you live in different places so it’s a long distance thing at best, but he sounds like he is quite keen to see you When he can, just enjoy it!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Flumps how is your lovely new home? And how is mr F doing after the health scare?
First point - I don't know!! I mean, I am sure it's fine, but we are currently still in the old one, surrounded by boxes and packing material and being annoyed by our past selves packing things that we now feel in desperate need for. We've been delayed - personal problem for our vendor, and so we're still waiting to exchange and move. I am trying to be sanguine, but living in a storage unit and feeling like we might never get out of here is quickly becoming hugely stressful.

MrF seems fine. The health thing was almost a year ago now - I can't believe how quickly that has gone by. Still no news on when they might decide to remove offending appendix, but we're bumbling along ok.

@kachoochoo - lots of love to you and MrK. Death, expected or otherwise, is such a shock to the system. I've been thinking about it a lot this year, because of my daughter's dad and it is so very hard to process. Sorry, I am barely literate today. I should have just stuck to the lots of love. xxxxxx

I went out for dinner last night with this bloke. It was lovely; we didn't have much time so were talking loads and making the most of the time we had before he got on the train. I have been (over)thinking the whole set up though. I like him, we got on so well and he is great company. But - we only really arrange to meet when its convenient for us through work ie when I am working in London or he is up here. To be fair he does stay in my city when he is up here but has meetings elsewhere to be able to see me. Because we both travel a lot with work this does make sense and is practical. I don't even know why I am writing this down sorry! No one else knows about me and him but you lot so I guess thats why I am telling you.
For complicated reasons (mostly child related), MrF and I had a very intermittent relationship when we first met. At the time it can feel annoying, but I really do believe it let us properly enjoy the time we spent together then (because we focused on each other and not all the life distractions that so quickly creep in), and allowed us to gradually work out what we wanted and what was important to us both IYSWIM. I really believe, even if it hadn't worked out and progressed to something else that I would look back on that time as a really good time anyway and take good stuff away from it, so however it works out, I figure you might as well go with it and enjoy what it is for now and not worry too much about what may come of it. As with all advice I ever give anyone, though, I wasn't always good at taking it.

• Heart
I will be eating my vegan chilli over the weekend as I dont have freezer space and I feel like a maverick reheating it when the instructions state otherwise.

I think these days times are changing there’s all different types of dating/relationship scenarios. If doing what you’re doing suits you both and you’re enjoying each other’s company just enjoy yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I think these days times are changing there’s all different types of dating/relationship scenarios. If doing what you’re doing suits you both and you’re enjoying each other’s company just enjoy yourself.
Agree - my obgyn consultant is v cool, she’s in her 40s and has a bf that she has no desire to move in with because she’s happy having her own space & doesn’t want to do his laundry or pick his tit up. I was nodding along as if I didn’t just marry my first and only bf looool.

It’s interesting cos even tho ~modern values~ are changing both rent and house prices are rising which tends to put pressure on ppl dating to take things to the next stage?

• Heart
Reactions: 8
First point - I don't know!! I mean, I am sure it's fine, but we are currently still in the old one, surrounded by boxes and packing material and being annoyed by our past selves packing things that we now feel in desperate need for. We've been delayed - personal problem for our vendor, and so we're still waiting to exchange and move. I am trying to be sanguine, but living in a storage unit and feeling like we might never get out of here is quickly becoming hugely stressful.

MrF seems fine. The health thing was almost a year ago now - I can't believe how quickly that has gone by. Still no news on when they might decide to remove offending appendix, but we're bumbling along ok.

@kachoochoo - lots of love to you and MrK. Death, expected or otherwise, is such a shock to the system. I've been thinking about it a lot this year, because of my daughter's dad and it is so very hard to process. Sorry, I am barely literate today. I should have just stuck to the lots of love. xxxxxx

For complicated reasons (mostly child related), MrF and I had a very intermittent relationship when we first met. At the time it can feel annoying, but I really do believe it let us properly enjoy the time we spent together then (because we focused on each other and not all the life distractions that so quickly creep in), and allowed us to gradually work out what we wanted and what was important to us both IYSWIM. I really believe, even if it hadn't worked out and progressed to something else that I would look back on that time as a really good time anyway and take good stuff away from it, so however it works out, I figure you might as well go with it and enjoy what it is for now and not worry too much about what may come of it. As with all advice I ever give anyone, though, I wasn't always good at taking it.
Lovely to hear from you @Flumps And i hope everything goes through soon xx

Thought I'd spoiler this as I've me-railed a few times recently! Just wanted to mention I had an accident at my parents house the other day - tripped over the dog on the stairs, knocked our, A&E, concussion etc etc, they failed to warn me 48hrs later would be the worst of times, so I ended up back there today, they pumped me full of drugs and vitamins and i have ondansetron to take for a week, but fraus -- my main point of this post is to say I am HIGH AS A KITE and loving everything and everyone right now so just wanted to send you all, esp but not exclusive to those struggling at the moment xxx this is the dog who tried to murder me btw

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Lovely to hear from you @Flumps And i hope everything goes through soon xx

Thought I'd spoiler this as I've me-railed a few times recently! Just wanted to mention I had an accident at my parents house the other day - tripped over the dog on the stairs, knocked our, A&E, concussion etc etc, they failed to warn me 48hrs later would be the worst of times, so I ended up back there today, they pumped me full of drugs and vitamins and i have ondansetron to take for a week, but fraus -- my main point of this post is to say I am HIGH AS A KITE and loving everything and everyone right now so just wanted to send you all, esp but not exclusive to those struggling at the moment xxx this is the dog who tried to murder me btw
Oh JCC I hope you’re okay? I suppose now isn’t the best time to say your attempted murderer is rather gorgeous. Sending love to you lovely ❤. Take it easy & enjoy your drug fuelled trip 😂.

• Heart
Oh JCC I hope you’re okay? I suppose now isn’t the best time to say your attempted murderer is rather gorgeous. Sending love to you lovely ❤. Take it easy & enjoy your drug fuelled trip 😂.
Haha he is isn't he?! I was more upset that his ribs are sore than I was about my head injury tbh, thank you though lovely!! I'll be absolutely fine in a day or two so no need for me to feel blue - i get a week off work too so winning there! X

Also whilst I'm at it, here is the swine when i got back from hospital on Thursday night, he looked so confused about his ball I sat up with him to make sure he wasn't concussed too - may be a factor into my episode today tbh!!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Look at you @Jay-cloth Cow out chaosing everyone in such style too. You should put some money on the lottery as the world owes you something after trying to take you out a few times this month!

Thanks for all your advice up thread. I have never done long distance before and in truth I am enjoying it - having my space but having proper 'dates' too. It works for me so I dont know why I am looking for faults.*

I am doing nothing today. I have my two here and we are just going to stay in the house and eat nice food from the FANCY Ocado delivery. Whats everyone elses plans?

* ETA I do know whey I am looking for faults, because I am a head who cant seem to accept things going well

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Look at you @Jay-cloth Cow out chaosing everyone in such style too. You should put some money on the lottery as the world owes you something after trying to take you out a few times this month!

Thanks for all your advice up thread. I have never done long distance before and in truth I am enjoying it - having my space but having proper 'dates' too. It works for me so I dont know why I am looking for faults.*

I am doing nothing today. I have my two here and we are just going to stay in the house and eat nice food from the FANCY Ocado delivery. Whats everyone elses plans?

* ETA I do know whey I am looking for faults, because I am a head who cant seem to accept things going well
I have no advice either (married the first person I dated, albeit at 22. Coming out then too means there is more to unpick there than in a woolly jumper in a charity shop😏). I think we all find our own way and as long as we are happy most of the time then who cares ❤.

@Jay-cloth Cow I hope you are feeling better… your mini chaos post on the MT had me in stitches.

I am going to attempt to make an apple and sultana cake and a shepherds pie with veggie mince 🤪🥴. See you on the other side. It might end up with us eating a baked potato and crumble. Who f***** knows.

Have a lovely day everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Ahhh please do all share your lovely food creations. I’m having a particularly bad spell with my Crohn’s at the moment so it’s low residue, soup and Fortisip for a while to see if I can avoid the dreaded prednisolone. I am both hungry and not hungry all at once. Let me live vicariously through you all!

• Heart
I’m just coming here to summon @Traazers hope you are ok, saw you out in the “wild” on another thread. I’m not saying that thread is full of wankers, as there are at least three people on it who are not.

• Heart
omg lads, gotta tell you all how inept mr kcc is at cropping pics because we can't stop laughing. so, he went up to his mam's earlier to pick out a nice photo of his dad for the order of service for the funeral because all the most recent pics are on his phone. he showed me what they'd picked when he got home.

he'd literally cut his dad's face out of a pic of him with mr kcc's brother and son. was like a mask, or maybe that image of the horse when they have the sax solo in "my lovely horse" like just a disembodied head

I have, of course, taught him how to crop properly now and created a slightly more appropriate image, but dear god, I wish I could show you all because it was so so funny and just not representative of the dude at all

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
omg lads, gotta tell you all how inept mr kcc is at cropping pics because we can't stop laughing. so, he went up to his mam's earlier to pick out a nice photo of his dad for the order of service for the funeral because all the most recent pics are on his phone. he showed me what they'd picked when he got home.

he'd literally cut his dad's face out of a pic of him with mr kcc's brother and son. was like a mask, or maybe that image of the horse when they have the sax solo in "my lovely horse" like just a disembodied head

I have, of course, taught him how to crop properly now and created a slightly more appropriate image, but dear god, I wish I could show you all because it was so so funny and just not representative of the dude at all
I’m sorry for laughing but your description has just made me 🦉

• Haha
Reactions: 10

You’ve got to find the funny side of things. I remember when my dad passed we gave the funeral home a suit and smart shoes for him. But then after a few days of seeing his Velcro slippers sitting there all sad we rang them up and asked if we could switch the smart shoes for his beloved slippers.

In the crematorium I couldn’t help but keep thinking about him lying there in his smart suit and tatty old velcro slippers. It made me smile through my tears.

Much love to you, Mr KCC and your family @kachoochoo

• Heart
don't worry, it's the funniest thing. we have not stopped laughing

just hope the revised pic gets to the funeral directors before they use the original! 😬
Sorry for your loss kccs. I must admit I had an owl champagne at your previous comment too! These moments of levity can really help get you through the darkest times though 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Sending you and mr KCC so much love and sympathy - but my god that description made me actually laugh out loud! You are such a 🦉

I have no advice either (married the first person I dated, albeit at 22. Coming out then too means there is more to unpick there than in a woolly jumper in a charity shop😏). I think we all find our own way and as long as we are happy most of the time then who cares ❤.

@Jay-cloth Cow I hope you are feeling better… your mini chaos post on the MT had me in stitches.

I am going to attempt to make an apple and sultana cake and a shepherds pie with veggie mince 🤪🥴. See you on the other side. It might end up with us eating a baked potato and crumble. Who f***** knows.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Love a chaos, me. The bonus of all this is I've been at my parents for nearly a week now being fed well and binging downton abbey with my mum. My dad keeps offering me whiskey (no thanks, vom) as 'a little drink helps with pain' - yeah maybe not a head injury father! Mr C is coming here tonight as no-one thinks I should travel yet but I'm a massive brat who cried cos I missed him yesterday and said I was going home to see him today whatever happens. I am v happy with this compromise tbh!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
good news lads, the properly cropped picture will make it to the order of service! the disembodied head will continue to provide amusement for the kcc household only!

• Heart
  • Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.