Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry not replied as of yet just paging detective @LennyBriscoe to say I hope you’re doing okay my love and you’re always welcome to chat about banana trees and pies over here ❤

Also solidarity frau because it is horribly triggering when someone’s taking the piss out of something so precious to you and using it as a work or personal branding opportunity. She’s sick in the head. I started writing a comment on the MT about how I can only imagine it’s how religious people feel about their places of worship (tho lol as AA gets a bad stick for being god squad when it’s rly not so bad comparison lol!) like everything is just so precious and comforting from the repetition of readings & pre amble to the weird church hall/community centre smell that smells like school, to all the random people you’d never have spoken to in your real world life just cos when does a 20 something become mates with a 60 something bloke lol, I even miss the toilet roulette of a new meeting - is it an actual Victorian dungeon or did they get a community grant in 2004 and it’s heaven? Like it’s all so special and it got me a bit emotional cos I realised how much I’ve missed it in covid and even now am a bit teary eyed typing this out?! And judging her for this trash behaviour makes you wonder if you’re truly well or being a bellend and it’s a horrible head vortex to get into. Hugely triggering content and don’t blame you for taking a break. Sending lots of love x

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry not replied as of yet just paging detective @LennyBriscoe to say I hope you’re doing okay my love and you’re always welcome to chat about banana trees and pies over here ❤

Also solidarity frau because it is horribly triggering when someone’s taking the piss out of something so precious to you and using it as a work or personal branding opportunity. She’s sick in the head. I started writing a comment on the MT about how I can only imagine it’s how religious people feel about their places of worship (tho lol as AA gets a bad stick for being god squad when it’s rly not so bad comparison lol!) like everything is just so precious and comforting from the repetition of readings & pre amble to the weird church hall/community centre smell that smells like school, to all the random people you’d never have spoken to in your real world life just cos when does a 20 something become mates with a 60 something bloke lol, I even miss the toilet roulette of a new meeting - is it an actual Victorian dungeon or did they get a community grant in 2004 and it’s heaven? Like it’s all so special and it got me a bit emotional cos I realised how much I’ve missed it in covid and even now am a bit teary eyed typing this out?! And judging her for this trash behaviour makes you wonder if you’re truly well or being a bellend and it’s a horrible head vortex to get into. Hugely triggering content and don’t blame you for taking a break. Sending lots of love x
So much love for this! And toilet roulette is a great way to describe it 😂 “I’ll go when I get home 😬” I would love to go to a meeting with you. The whole thing is so special and I don’t like people picking and choosing what they put out about it and manipulating the truth of it because most of the followers won’t know what it’s really like…

I know this could be the game changer for her and I do wish Jack every success. The high of her posts and the subsequent love are received will probably have worn off by now and I hope she’s knuckling down to the next step of her AA journey - “nobody said it would be easy, but they promised it would be worth it”. Lots of love ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Glad you are on here @LennyBriscoe … although I mainly like and 🤣 at posts. As I said above, this place feels like a warm hug when the MT (entirely due to Jackanory and not other posts) feels like I have been put in Death Valley without any air con.

My cookery attempts are only mildly better than hers at the moment so I rarely comment.

Keep the sheepos and fluffy cats coming and hugs to all.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
While not being triggered, I am finding the MT a hard read at the moment. I shall distract you all with my own little chaos.

I had a funny turn in work and thought it was really bad period pains but it got worse to point of me passing out in pain. It turns out my coil had some time ago migrated to a place it shouldn't and I have had to have it located and removed. All ok now but quite sore and again angry as I had been to the doctor about my weird periods only to be fobbed off about the menopause/peri. So, as a consequence I have been having unprotected sex which in itself scares me to death when I think about the possible consequences.

Thanks for those of you brave enough to share your experiences on here and for sharing your stories. I have learnt so much - sending love ❤ ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
While not being triggered, I am finding the MT a hard read at the moment. I shall distract you all with my own little chaos.

I had a funny turn in work and thought it was really bad period pains but it got worse to point of me passing out in pain. It turns out my coil had some time ago migrated to a place it shouldn't and I have had to have it located and removed. All ok now but quite sore and again angry as I had been to the doctor about my weird periods only to be fobbed off about the menopause/peri. So, as a consequence I have been having unprotected sex which in itself scares me to death when I think about the possible consequences.

Thanks for those of you brave enough to share your experiences on here and for sharing your stories. I have learnt so much - sending love ❤ ❤
Sorry to hear that, hope you are on the mend, have you let the fobbed off dr know?

• Heart
Reactions: 10

That’s awful hope your pain subsides soon, sending love to you ❤. It really does annoy me how commonly woman are dismissed like we don’t know our own bodies.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
No @Captainmouse I have not had the energy to yet but I will. @Shesaidwhat I knew something was wrong like you say. I am ok now and glad it was all ok.

In other news and on topic, I have made a chilli with Naked Moo mince in my bid to become 90% vegan. However the pack says 'do not reheat'. I have made enough chilli for the whole of Southend on Sea so do I have to eat it all today or can I freeze it and reheat it? The pack says its suitable for freezing. Can someone make it make sense?

No @Captainmouse I have not had the energy to yet but I will. @Shesaidwhat I knew something was wrong like you say. I am ok now and glad it was all ok.

In other news and on topic, I have made a chilli with Naked Moo mince in my bid to become 90% vegan. However the pack says 'do not reheat'. I have made enough chilli for the whole of Southend on Sea so do I have to eat it all today or can I freeze it and reheat it? The pack says its suitable for freezing. Can someone make it make sense?
Might only be freezable uncooked? But you know, if you heat anything up hot enough for long enough...

@Universal it's probably a texture thing more than a food safety thing, that mince is basically just soy protein. I've reheated things before that say not to and I regularly freeze things that say not suitable for freezing and never had a problem but maybe I'm just highly irresponsible and living life on the edge :cool:

disclaimer: please do not hold me responsible for any future episodes of food poisoning, advice from a bored mithering ninny is taken at your own risk

• Heart

I’d reheat it but I’m pretty lax with that sort of thing. If you’ve made enough for all of us in Southend though and want to be safe I’ll take some off your hands😋

• Haha
I recommend trying tinned pumpkin for ease. Also makes great pumpkin cake/bread and muffins. Sainsbury, Ocado and Waitrose all sell it as do other shops. A lot of them, particularly the Libby’s brand, use a mixture of squash including one called Dickinson which is in the pumpkin family and resembles butternut squash.View attachment 807440View attachment 807441View attachment 807455
Plus add a tin of condensed milk and double cream, stir and freeze = excellent no-churn ice cream (original recipe Nigella). Also good with some gingernut crumbs stirred through)

Reactions: 8
I don’t want to put you in harms way Dear Heart but I’m forever ignoring do not reheat/do not freeze on packaging and I’m still alive. I’m guessing as well seeing as it’s not meat it poses less of a risk. If you get poisoned due to my advice I’m really sorry.

• Haha

I'm another frau that plays fast and loose with stuff like this. On the one hand I don't think I've ever had food poisoning/poisoned anyone else in my life but also people very very rarely come to me for advice (the day my own mother finally did I was so proud) so take that as you will!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Plus add a tin of condensed milk and double cream, stir and freeze = excellent no-churn ice cream (original recipe Nigella). Also good with some gingernut crumbs stirred through)
I read this before I clocked you were replying to @Mustard and thought you were offering @Universal an odd soy mince suggestion 😂

Fraus, I finally got a GP appointment! Decided on the off chance to try them one morning, 10 minutes before the line opened. Was expecting a recorded message to call back at 8am, but nope - got put in the queue with only 2 people in front, had telephone app that morning, meds increased and new prescription sent out 😊. It's only taken months 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I read this before I clocked you were replying to @Mustard and thought you were offering @Universal an odd soy mince suggestion 😂

Fraus, I finally got a GP appointment! Decided on the off chance to try them one morning, 10 minutes before the line opened. Was expecting a recorded message to call back at 8am, but nope - got put in the queue with only 2 people in front, had telephone app that morning, meds increased and new prescription sent out 😊. It's only taken months 😂
I feel like we are a winning team today as @Nottonightbabe had a success at the Dr and I reheated the soy mince for lunch (minus condensed milk and double cream) and have lived to tell the tale.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Soya mince doesn’t taste of much so I would take condensed milk soy ice cream mince over say, anything Jack has ever made.
I think there are such variations between GP practices, I’m very lucky I go online and fill out a form and they review and call back if needed otherwise you get a text saying “done your prescription”. I actually can’t believe they’re not all like that and are still making people ring up at 8am. I think some surgeries are going to have to get with the times and spend some ££££ on IT and admin staff

Reactions: 9
Screenshotters!!!!

Alert to Instagram- if this isn’t a direct post to us, I don’t know what is?

🤢🤢🤢
Wrong thread 😬😬🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.