Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Soya mince doesn’t taste of much so I would take condensed milk soy ice cream mince over say, anything Jack has ever made.
I think there are such variations between GP practices, I’m very lucky I go online and fill out a form and they review and call back if needed otherwise you get a text saying “done your prescription”. I actually can’t believe they’re not all like that and are still making people ring up at 8am. I think some surgeries are going to have to get with the times and spend some ££££ on IT and admin staff
It's annoying as ours has an app where you're supposed to be able to request appointments, and reorder meds etc but they've disabled that function on there now, since covid. Medication isn't an issue (other than when it needs changing) as I use the Lloyds direct app which is a godsend tbh! Wish they'd reactivate the appointment bit though, it's such a pain.

Screenshotters!!!!

Alert to Instagram- if this isn’t a direct post to us, I don’t know what is?

🤢🤢🤢
Wrong thread 😬😬🤣🤣🤣
I'm intrigued now! Who's thread was it for? 😂

ETA - nevermind, I see now! 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 10
@Universal - I’ll save getting on my soap box as I know we’re on a similar wave length re: women being dismissed with medical issues but I’m so sorry you were ignored until it got to a critical stage. Hope you’re recovering ok.

@Shesaidwhat? hope your week has been ok - please don’t feel a fraud. Accidents are scary even if physically you’re fine as shock/delayed responses can bite at any time afterwards.

Ignoring the ‘Get your own back’ inspired slop on the MT I made Penang curry tonight. I made the paste at the weekend using the recipe from Rosa’s Thai Cafe recipe book. It was 👩‍🍳 😘! I’m not gonna win any awards for presentation but at least it’s not luminous green!

2D641B1F-CBDB-4983-9DAE-DCC143EFA82F.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 20
hey, I've not really joined in here for a bit. but ❤ to you all.

as far as GPs go, I ignored all my prompts to book a med review (did not feel up to a phone call) and just kept ordering my prescription (it's literally only citalopram) from pharmacy2u, until I actually (praise beans) got a text from my GP asking "do you still feel a benefit from your medication?" I only had to text back "yes" and it's been renewed for another year! so lucky with my GP

tw -- death. sorry I can't quite get the spoiler right due to fat thumbs

other thing is, mr kcc's dad died last week. it's a situation where it was simultaneously very predictable (several long term conditions with multiple comorbidities), but also very sudden, like, he was declining, but he certainly didn't seem close to it when I last saw him, so it's been a shock and both me and mr kcc have brains made of jelly rn

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Sorry to hear that Katch, all deaths are difficult in their own way whether expected or not x

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That looks amazing @EddieBeds I think your presentation is very good.
For all my complaining that I was going to be bored I’ve quite enjoyed my time off I’ve been for a couple of walks and I’ve finally gotten to meet my neighbour in the downstairs flat after 5 months of living here so that was nice.
My dad took me for lunch today although I think it was an excuse to find out what’s going on with Mr SSW & I. If my family ever offers to take you for lunch there’s usually a reason behind it 😂. Thank you for asking hope your weeks going well lovely.

as far as GPs go, I ignored all my prompts to book a med review (did not feel up to a phone call) and just kept ordering my prescription (it's literally only citalopram) from pharmacy2u, until I actually (praise beans) got a text from my GP asking "do you still feel a benefit from your medication?" I only had to text back "yes" and it's been renewed for another year! so lucky with my GP

other thing is, mr kcc's dad died last week. it's a situation where it was simultaneously very predictable (several long term conditions with multiple comorbidities), but also very sudden, like, he was declining, but he certainly didn't seem close to it when I last saw him, so it's been a shock and both me and mr kcc have brains made of jelly rn
Oh no I’m so sorry love to you & Mr Kcc ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 13

So sorry this has happened… I think regardless of whether it was “predictable” or not, an event like this can always knock you sideways.

We never know how we are going to react, to a loss, which is why grief in itself is such a unique emotion to each of us ❤.

• Heart
So sorry to hear your news @kachoochoo. I think in the current climate we experience grief in a different way than we have in the past so do what is right for you both xx

@EddieBeds that does look gorgeous! One of the things I dont like about living alone is missing having someone to cook for me.

I can only add to the soap box thing about womens health. I tried to get my coil taken out in the summer and was told my own doctor didnt do it so I had to call the sexual health clinic on a Wednesday morning at 10am. I explained I had a covid strategy meeting at 10am every Wednesday and couldn't but all I got was 'computer says no'. Then I tried to appeal to the receptionists better nature by saying that even if I could get out of the meeting I worked in a small cramped, open plan office with mainly all men and I had no privacy to make a call (this is true) but again there was no work around for the system.

@Shesaidwhat? its nice that your dad is taking an interest and can support you. I have had the support of a good friend and a couple of family members during my divorce which has made all the difference to me. Other people surprisingly have ignored what was going on altogether!!

In other news I am meeting the economist tonight for either dinner or a drink as he has meetings up north today but has to get back to London tonight as he has his daughter tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
thanks for listening and kind words as ever, ninnies ♥ . the last 18 months have really just made everything extra tit haven't they. we are just exhausted all the time

just running the clock down now till home time and, hopefully, a nice weekend

• Heart
Sending love @kachoochoo

Is anyone having anything nice for tea tonight? Mr Beds wants takeaway 🥡.

No idea if anyone can ‘help’/has experience of selling on eBay? I sold my Elvie pumps via eBay and the buyer has contacted me a week after they were delivered to say they want to return them as one of them isn’t working. I’ve politely suggested some trouble shooting and stressed they were working as shown in the original listing. I guess I’m a bit skeptical as to why a week later they’re contacting me to say they’re not working as opposed to immediately after they were delivered/the first couple of days. But having said that realise the buyer could be genuine also.

That aside has anyone had any experience of selling on eBay/dealing with issues? If I get eBay involved (think they can help after 3 days) are they likely to just ‘side’ so to speak with the buyer? Hassle aside is it just simpler to cut my losses and get the buyer to return the item and hope it isn’t actually broken? I don’t want to get into an antagonistic stand off with them but just annoyed as I know they were working before being sent and had pictures to show this. Feel caught between a rock and a hard place!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sending love @kachoochoo

No idea if anyone can ‘help’/has experience of selling on eBay? I sold my Elvie pumps via eBay and the buyer has contacted me a week after they were delivered to say they want to return them as one of them isn’t working. I’ve politely suggested some trouble shooting and stressed they were working as shown in the original listing. I guess I’m a bit skeptical as to why a week later they’re contacting me to say they’re not working as opposed to immediately after they were delivered/the first couple of days. But having said that realise the buyer could be genuine also.

That aside has anyone had any experience of selling on eBay/dealing with issues? If I get eBay involved (think they can help after 3 days) are they likely to just ‘side’ so to speak with the buyer? Hassle aside is it just simpler to cut my losses and get the buyer to return the item and hope it isn’t actually broken? I don’t want to get into an antagonistic stand off with them but just annoyed as I know they were working before being sent and had pictures to show this. Feel caught between a rock and a hard place!
I’m afraid I can’t help with eBay. I’ve never sold anything on there.

I had a fake nandos for tea. A local restaurant does peri chicken a lot cheaper and very tasty, and the delivery man is always very nice. It was excellent.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Sending love @kachoochoo

Sorry I’ve not replied to other messages but stood waiting for a poorly baby to settle & I do sell on eBay, it’s usually apple or smart home stuff whenever a new series comes out so a similar category/price point and find you either get the loveliest buyers that’ll be over the moon they’ve sourced xyz for half the RRP and send you pics of it in situ or cheapskate demons there is no in between. This buyer sounds like a piss taker, I can’t remember the exact phrasing but basically when you buy second hand you buy sold as seen there’s no extended warrantees etc that’s why it’s so much cheaper…? You’ve done your part & the item wasn’t faulty, I’d open an eBay case but they’re not great they tend to side with buyers sadly. So frustrating that we can’t have nice things though.

@Flumps how is your lovely new home? And how is mr F doing after the health scare?
@LennyBriscoe if you’re ever in London say, it would be an honour ❤✊🏻
@SSW your week has sounded blissful and restorative and exactly what you needed!!
@Kcc I’m sorry for your loss and @Universal I’m so sorry you’ve gotten so poorly especially because yet again another woman has been failed by a HCP!!! How are you doing now?

bleeping hell my heart has only just left my throat - forgot I’d put a small wash on so the little tub you put washing liquid in is rattling about, thought someone was bleeping with the front door which isn’t double locked yet and nearly vomited! So silly 😂 x

• Heart
@EddieBeds there’s a scam where some cheeky fuckers who already own a broken item buy your fully working one then try to pass off their broken one as yours and return it. eBay will probably get them to return it to be honest which is a bit tit because then you’re without the money and left with a broken item.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
@EddieBeds there’s a scam where some cheeky fuckers who already own a broken item buy your fully working one then try to pass off their broken one as yours and return it. eBay will probably get them to return it to be honest which is a bit tit because then you’re without the money and left with a broken item.
Another scam to watch out for is the racketeers that are Hermes! They make you write the item description down to ship, I foolishly wrote iPhone whatever it was as I didn’t want to get done for shipping a lithium battery without declaring or some bollocks & surprise surprise it goes missing. It took like 2/3 months to resolve in its entirety as they don’t ask all the questions up front they do it in instalments obviously hoping you’ll tire of pursuing them, anyway the final boss challenge was the bleeping IMEI number! I had paid for additional insurance coverage and at no point in buying the postage did they say to write this down for electronics, thank god the apple store send it in their receipts but if we’d have had that on contract or via EE or another reseller I’d have lost an iPhone and £x00! You have to be SO careful selling online it makes it barely worth the faff tbh.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Sending love @kachoochoo

we had southern fried coated fish from lidl with oven chips for a lovely, knackered, Friday beige tea.

mr kcc also extends his thanks for everyone's condolences ❤ he's bearing up remarkably well

(but don't be too nice to him, remember he was the one who inflicted the cherie blair-style mask on us all! 🙂)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
@EddieBeds , I think you are right in that EBay will always side with the buyer. I have sold a lot of stuff (clothes from my previous life) and the two occasions I got shafted (a stain magically appeared on an immaculate jumper when it arrived at the buyer’s house and a coat never arrived- I had proof but they said it never came), I had to refund. I think they didn’t like the jumper so ruined it and the coat arrived but they lied. I should have persevered with the coat but my head wasn’t in it.

I also never wrote bad reviews in case I got a bad review, so the entire review process was pointless!

I hope you get it sorted. eBay can be a bugger. Have you tried fb marketplace?

We had M & S pizzas. I am really trying not to fall into bad habits. They were yummy. My cooking attempt today was porridge . Small steps 🤣.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Thank you all. @Into_the_tunnel if I end up having the item returned I’ll look into Facebook market place.

@heretoreaditall2019 - hope Bubba is settling and feels better. We’ve got teething this end - when they’re not on top form/poorly it feels so relentless and tiring doesn’t it! Thank you also - I was going round in circles thinking I was being overly harsh in my cynicism. Can I open a case with EBay from the app or do I need to do it through the desktop? I’m waiting for the buyer to respond currently. Also I nearly went with Hermes but chickened out at the last moment so will keep this in mind for future!

Hope your heart rate has come down - I do this all the time as in hear something and panic before my brain catches up. Also the white noise machine has been a big help over the last week with Baby Beds - thank you ❤.

@NP while I’m shocked I’m also not surprised that some people stoop to that level to scam others.

I had pizza in the end for tea - just a basic margarita but it was good.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Much love to @kachoochoo and honorary frau Mr KCC. His birthday gift of the mask was truly a gift to us all.

I think I remember someone from a previous thread asking about things to do with Vivera kebab? For lunch I fried some up and stuck it on top of a pile of oven chips, slaw and shredded lettuce then topped it with sriracha and a garlic sauce I made by thinning out vegan mayo with soy milk (I swear it isn't horse sauce).

a pile of plants.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
@EddieBeds , I think you are right in that EBay will always side with the buyer. I have sold a lot of stuff (clothes from my previous life) and the two occasions I got shafted (a stain magically appeared on an immaculate jumper when it arrived at the buyer’s house and a coat never arrived- I had proof but they said it never came), I had to refund. I think they didn’t like the jumper so ruined it and the coat arrived but they lied. I should have persevered with the coat but my head wasn’t in it.

I also never wrote bad reviews in case I got a bad review, so the entire review process was pointless!

I hope you get it sorted. eBay can be a bugger. Have you tried fb marketplace?

We had M & S pizzas. I am really trying not to fall into bad habits. They were yummy. My cooking attempt today was porridge . Small steps 🤣.
I’m p sure you should be able to do it on mobile, not sure if this helps I would try it for you to check the mobile thing but I’m scared of accidentally opening a dispute with one of mine! 😂

F9A73287-0722-4DB1-BFDF-2A4FC4C7592E.jpeg

I would try and preserver with eBay cos I feel like if she’s admitted it worked when it arrived and is now broken she’s hopefully wrapped herself up? Like otherwise how long could you be expected to be liable for this item for, you’re not the manufacturer?! And surely Elvie do repairs at that price point?!

Sooo glad the white noise machine is working, ours is still on in her room yet here she is next to me, so clearly highly effective 😫😂

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.