Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've not followed this thread for a while but just popped on to say thanks to @Mustard for recommending this, it's fantastic.

20211020_211716.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 13
An update on eBay…long story short ebay said I had to accept the return so I reluctantly did. The pumps worked but she’d cracked three bottles and two of the breast shields!!! I opened a case and eBay dismissed it and issued the refund - like within 20mins of me doing it. I then rang them and appealed and resent all of the supporting evidence and they’ve now issued me a full refund! Thank you everyone who responded to my initial post and gave me the confidence and confirmation I was being had over by the buyer. I’m still shocked people have the nerve/cheek to return items they’ve clearly damaged!

I had to go for a colposcopy today - long story short I had a cervical polyp at the end of my pregnancy last year, come smear time it had gone then over the summer I was having mild issues. GP found a polyp then my Consultant couldn’t find it but saw a small cyst so decided to send me for a colposcopy to, in his words ‘dot the i’s and cross the t’s’ - said polyp was found and removed (uncomfortable but not painful) and my cervix apparently looks lovely but the threads for my coil have disappeared :confused:. So they’re arranging a date for me to have a scan to check it’s all still in place. Like I know I’m incredibly lucky but the thought of more prodding and poking is making me feel weary. Plus I feel like the Consultant today used sand paper on my insides and they’re now protesting about being poked with. Sorry complete woe is me - I’ll be fine following some sleep tonight.

It’s suddenly gotten really cold here and the trees are all the shades of autumn. Might have to make some ‘cocoa’ as Little Beds keeps calling hot chocolate.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
An update on eBay…long story short ebay said I had to accept the return so I reluctantly did. The pumps worked but she’d cracked three bottles and two of the breast shields!!! I opened a case and eBay dismissed it and issued the refund - like within 20mins of me doing it. I then rang them and appealed and resent all of the supporting evidence and they’ve now issued me a full refund! Thank you everyone who responded to my initial post and gave me the confidence and confirmation I was being had over by the buyer. I’m still shocked people have the nerve/cheek to return items they’ve clearly damaged!

I had to go for a colposcopy today - long story short I had a cervical polyp at the end of my pregnancy last year, come smear time it had gone then over the summer I was having mild issues. GP found a polyp then my Consultant couldn’t find it but saw a small cyst so decided to send me for a colposcopy to, in his words ‘dot the i’s and cross the t’s’ - said polyp was found and removed (uncomfortable but not painful) and my cervix apparently looks lovely but the threads for my coil have disappeared :confused:. So they’re arranging a date for me to have a scan to check it’s all still in place. Like I know I’m incredibly lucky but the thought of more prodding and poking is making me feel weary. Plus I feel like the Consultant today used sand paper on my insides and they’re now protesting about being poked with. Sorry complete woe is me - I’ll be fine following some sleep tonight.

It’s suddenly gotten really cold here and the trees are all the shades of autumn. Might have to make some ‘cocoa’ as Little Beds keeps calling hot chocolate.
I’m just amazed at the sheer gall of some people! Glad you got a full refund.

Sorry about the gynae issues, I had a colposcopy last year and they took a biopsy, was snippy but manageable. Hopefully that’s the end of it for you (bar the missing coil!).

• Heart

That’s awful some people are so cheeky. Glad you got refunded though. Good luck with everything not eBay related ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Lads, turns out...I might be Jack. Had a funny tum the last few days so was eating plain brown microwave rice, and thought it was a bit too boring even for me. My maverick brain said add some peanut butter. 8/10 would recommend as comfort food.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Lads, turns out...I might be Jack. Had a funny tum the last few days so was eating plain brown microwave rice, and thought it was a bit too boring even for me. My maverick brain said add some peanut butter. 8/10 would recommend as comfort food.
no.... not sloppy enough i am afraid :ROFLMAO: hope you are feeling better though 😻

• Heart
How are you feeling now @HotesTilaire? What was the funny turn - illness or low mood? Hope today is a good day for you.

What a nightmare @EddieBeds we should start our own little club for the women of the mission coils. Seriously though I still get cold shivers when I think about the consequences of a pregnancy for me when mine migrated a few weeks ago. I do fear with the NHS so streched it will be a long time until be have anything like a normal service for women's' health and even then it wasn't great

To keep things on topic I can confirm that Aldis Ancient Grains bread with their pastrami and some pickle makes an excellent lunch.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Hope you are feeling better Hotes… Mrs T adds peanut butter to everything so I kind of know where you are coming from.

Half term today! Bit of an up and down one and as a “present” to try and continue to work on food stuff I got the Ruby book. It is really lovely and got me all excited about trying more things. Ruby>JM.

Tonight we had Quorn FAJITAS 🤣🤣🤣. They were not too hot and we were TOTALLY FINE….

Sending hugs to everyone on the gynae train. I am on a freight version of that at the moment. Yawn central.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@EddieBeds I hope you’re feeling a bit better today and have a restful weekend planned?
entirely get the gynae/medical fatigue, especially so relatively soon after having a baby it’s a lot having people rummage up there, it also always seems to be in front of a panel of students 😂 but hopefully it sounds as if you’ve got one last hurdle to get over and then you’re free in the knowledge you’ve practiced good self care and gotten all your medical bits done & you can also have a break from that for a bit! ❤

ETA - can’t remember @Universal ‘s exact phrasing as read it earlier today but I nodded and agreed that at the mo gynae stuff feels like it’s taken a back seat. I don’t rly want to email my consultants to ask for a check in but I’m still meant to be on ultrasounds and blood tests every 3 months, I’ve had one post baby. I feel awful as this is what the tories want us to do to justify privatisation but I’m going to book a blood test in privately and keep doing that just to flag if anything is going on, which is a huge privilege both £ and having known what has gone wrong with me before if that makes sense? Like the NHS is the only way to have emergency care or major surgery as it’s world class and thank god I got it in pre pandemic!

Also inspired by your eBay story I rang them today too and you saved me ££ so thank you! I’d refunded someone something assuming Hermes had lost it as it hadn’t been delivered in 3 weeks, but they managed this week so he had the item and the money, I had written it off as I hadn’t waited for Hermes to declare it as officially lost (this takes like 2 months!) so arguably my faultthe item had been in a cupboard since we moved here tbh so already mentally written off but eBay took it super seriously & said if the money’s not back by x date he’ll get suspended or banned as it’s bad behaviour! They escalated it and he messaged me within the hour asking how to pay! People are cheeky though no wonder you see so much tit parking about everyone’s so selfish!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Hope you’re okay Hotes and please don’t be Jack one of her is more than enough 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 12
How are you feeling now @HotesTilaire? What was the funny turn - illness or low mood? Hope today is a good day for you.

What a nightmare @EddieBeds we should start our own little club for the women of the mission coils. Seriously though I still get cold shivers when I think about the consequences of a pregnancy for me when mine migrated a few weeks ago. I do fear with the NHS so streched it will be a long time until be have anything like a normal service for women's' health and even then it wasn't great

To keep things on topic I can confirm that Aldis Ancient Grains bread with their pastrami and some pickle makes an excellent lunch.
Reflux, of Jack proportions I.e. severe. It’s gavisconed away now thank goodness! Thanks for asking ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've not followed this thread for a while but just popped on to say thanks to @Mustard for recommending this, it's fantastic.

View attachment 820387
Glad you liked it.
I think the malted wheat version is my favourite of their, especially for toast. I freeze most of my sliced bread for toasting anyway.

For other, less expensive sliced bread, I like the Jackson’s sliced seeded white (they do a seeded brown version too but haven’t tried it), the Hovis seeded and the Polish Bakery Baltinowski bread.

Attachments

Reactions: 4
It's 100% vegan hot dog night tonight lads. While cheap soft softy soft white rolls have their place, I much prefer pretzel buns. Does anyone know how to make them not look rubbish tho? I've got one good one and the rest have all exploded in a most unruly manner 😔

20211024_162613.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
It's 100% vegan hot dog night tonight lads. While cheap soft softy soft white rolls have their place, I much prefer pretzel buns. Does anyone know how to make them not look rubbish tho? I've got one good one and the rest have all exploded in a most unruly manner 😔

View attachment 826493
these look yum and look amazing! what is the recipe you use? I want toget back into making bread

View attachment 826493
How is there only one good one? They are all fab!!! Dare you to fill them with broccoli and vegan anchovies 🥰.

We are having a butternut, kale and orzo soup. Except I couldn’t find orzo so it is butternut, kale and tiny pasta star soup.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
We had corned beef hash. Three spuds, one carrot, one tin of corned beef, an extra beefy stock pot, and I hate to admit to it, but rinsed chopped onion from last night's Indian takeaway poppadoms because I forgot to buy a jeffing onion hate food waste.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.