Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Please accept this vision of the stunning Badger as my gift to you horrible mithering ninnies if you are in a time of hardship ❤

simply stunning badger.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
I had the pleasure of trying this last Christmas season. I see that they are back now.😍😋
E551FD0B-21AE-479C-917B-3808E5F43B0A.jpeg

Reactions: 6
Oh no bless you. Have you got long left to go at work? Am I okay in asking how your little one is doing? It’s weird I feel like I know you all even though I don’t, I enjoy hearing about everyone’s lives.
How are you getting on today, did you stay again last night?

Bless you of course you’re okay to ask, thank you it’s v sweet of you and sorry it must bore everyone! She’s just such a happy cuddly girl it’s wonderful, she’s capable of being silly/cheeky now so she’s having so much more fun terrorising everyone. She also can say no which is brilliant & I’m so proud of her for that! Especially being so privy to Jack’s current triggerfest all I want for 👶🏼 is to grow up with solid self esteem and integrity of self tbh. Also be a doctor or something fancy lmao. Sorry for 😴 x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Please accept this vision of the stunning Badger as my gift to you horrible mithering ninnies if you are in a time of hardship ❤

View attachment 805793
I had to look at this like three times just to check the sheep isn't actually wearing the boots 🤣

Any UK fraus got a banana tree? My local pub has one that's absolutely massive and actually bearing fruit, and there's a few houses round the posher parts of town that have them. Obviously I must have one and I was wondering how hard they are to look after. My plant husbandry is ok, I have a cactus I bought at a school bring and buy sale in 1997 that's still going and everything.

@Shesaidwhat? hope you're holding up ok, totally normal reaction there, car tit can be terrifying.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I had to look at this like three times just to check the sheep isn't actually wearing the boots 🤣

Any UK fraus got a banana tree? My local pub has one that's absolutely massive and actually bearing fruit, and there's a few houses round the posher parts of town that have them. Obviously I must have one and I was wondering how hard they are to look after. My plant husbandry is ok, I have a cactus I bought at a school bring and buy sale in 1997 that's still going and everything.

@Shesaidwhat? hope you're holding up ok, totally normal reaction there, car tit can be terrifying.
We used to have one in our old house. Grew absolutely huge! It was by a south facing wall so it was slightly warmer than rest of the garden. You have to cut the trunk in winter and wrap it in fleece.
We got bananas but they were tiny.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
We used to have one in our old house. Grew absolutely huge! It was by a south facing wall so it was slightly warmer than rest of the garden. You have to cut the trunk in winter and wrap it in fleece.
We got bananas but they were tiny.
Oh god I really want one now just to make it pretty jumpers for winter

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

View attachment 805793
Badger you look fabulous I love your boots 😍

How are you getting on today, did you stay again last night?

Bless you of course you’re okay to ask, thank you it’s v sweet of you and sorry it must bore everyone! She’s just such a happy cuddly girl it’s wonderful, she’s capable of being silly/cheeky now so she’s having so much more fun terrorising everyone. She also can say no which is brilliant & I’m so proud of her for that! Especially being so privy to Jack’s current triggerfest all I want for 👶🏼 is to grow up with solid self esteem and integrity of self tbh. Also be a doctor or something fancy lmao. Sorry for 😴 x
Oh no it doesn’t bore me at all bless her and good girl for terrorising everyone that’s the way to be let people know you’re in the room.
I did stay again last night I’m surprised her never chucked me out as he said feel free to watch whatever I usually watch on tv so he had to sit through MAFS Australia and Made in Chelsea 😂.
I’m back at my flat now, he was sweet enough to offer me to stay longer but I had no clothes there and I felt like I’d put on him enough.
I feel fine I feel a bit of a fraud to be honest everyone is being so lovely towards me when there’s nothing wrong with me. I know I shouldn’t be complaining but my boss has told me to take the full week off, I only really wanted Monday off to be able to sort the insurance out so I’m a bit bored now I’m back on my own.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16

Can you eat the bananas?! There are some glam granny gardens around here that have tropical looking trees, they always make me smile when I walk past them.

Badger you look fabulous I love your boots 😍

Oh no it doesn’t bore me at all bless her and good girl for terrorising everyone that’s the way to be let people know you’re in the room.
I did stay again last night I’m surprised her never chucked me out as he said feel free to watch whatever I usually watch on tv so he had to sit through MAFS Australia and Made in Chelsea 😂.
I’m back at my flat now, he was sweet enough to offer me to stay longer but I had no clothes there and I felt like I’d put on him enough.
I feel fine I feel a bit of a fraud to be honest everyone is being so lovely towards me when there’s nothing wrong with me. I know I shouldn’t be complaining but my boss has told me to take the full week off, I only really wanted Monday off to be able to sort the insurance out so I’m a bit bored now I’m back on my own.
You’re not a fraud at all! That’s lovely your boss has told you to take the week, tbh enjoy it and treat yourself! 🥰 go on a lovely walk, listen to a podcast, have a fancy breakfast! Or could you have anyone over/meet up with? Relate to the loneliness albeit it temporary, husband’s in a diff time zone and it’s heavy going isn’t it.

And is this new season MIC? How is it? They’re all about 17 now I feel like a voyeur watching what they get up to 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Can you eat the bananas?! There are some glam granny gardens around here that have tropical looking trees, they always make me smile when I walk past them.

You’re not a fraud at all! That’s lovely your boss has told you to take the week, tbh enjoy it and treat yourself! 🥰 go on a lovely walk, listen to a podcast, have a fancy breakfast! Or could you have anyone over/meet up with? Relate to the loneliness albeit it temporary, husband’s in a diff time zone and it’s heavy going isn’t it.

And is this new season MIC? How is it? They’re all about 17 now I feel like a voyeur watching what they get up to 😭
Oh no is your husband away for long? You’ve given me some good ideas. I might have a wonder to town see if I can maybe get some Christmas presents, I don’t know how true it is but seeing there might be shortages for Christmas. I wouldn’t like the idea of my nieces and nephew not having a little something to open. Although I’ll probably end up watching Ted Lasso like @Toffee finger suggested treating myself to an Uber Eats and coming on here to complain I’ve just spent £16 on a £4 sandwich 😂.

As for MiC I was willing to forgive those terrible lockdown in the Manor House episodes, but it’s got to the point I’m just watching for watching now. I don’t really care about any of them I know it’s always been scripted but now you can really tell. Bring back Millie to throw drinks at them all.

Thank you ❤. Sorry I can’t help on the banana tree front I murder house plants so I keep away from greenery. Would you have to wrap them up in something in winter? Treat yourself to one and let Google become your best friend.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve got right into the winter vibe, made a shepherds pie (takes two days) sweet potato mash, packet mix and soya mince with carrots and peas.
I always used to make pumpkin pie years ago and I really fancy one. Might attempt it next week. Problem is I need to give it away too as can’t eat a whole one. Top tip, I don’t use pumpkin I use butternut squash.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Same on the watching MIC for the sake of it. I enjoy it but I used to LOVE it. Now it just seems like a load of fame hungry, gym obsessed kids. I like Sophie Hermann. I dislike Ruby (and hated Zara when she was on it)

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I’ve got right into the winter vibe, made a shepherds pie (takes two days) sweet potato mash, packet mix and soya mince with carrots and peas.
I always used to make pumpkin pie years ago and I really fancy one. Might attempt it next week. Problem is I need to give it away too as can’t eat a whole one. Top tip, I don’t use pumpkin I use butternut squash.
I love pumpkin pie and it’s usually made with tinned pumpkin (which also isn’t made from an orange pumpkin) - have you tried it with that ?

You shepherd’s pie sounds delicious. Why does it take two days?

• Wow
Nah if I’m making it I’m peeling and chopping, I buy the pastry case!
Yesterday to peel and chop the spuds and carrot and get the ingredients out. Today to cook and mash and assemble.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Nah if I’m making it I’m peeling and chopping, I buy the pastry case!
Yesterday to peel and chop the spuds and carrot and get the ingredients out. Today to cook and mash and assemble.
I recommend trying tinned pumpkin for ease. Also makes great pumpkin cake/bread and muffins. Sainsbury, Ocado and Waitrose all sell it as do other shops. A lot of them, particularly the Libby’s brand, use a mixture of squash including one called Dickinson which is in the pumpkin family and resembles butternut squash.
B47F0860-FC48-4ECF-9964-8EC2038B09BE.jpeg
FA47F503-1E46-4C55-975E-C9DE87A882DB.jpeg
99C456D7-F185-44B8-A031-CA8AC20ADB50.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Same on the watching MIC for the sake of it. I enjoy it but I used to LOVE it. Now it just seems like a load of fame hungry, gym obsessed kids. I like Sophie Hermann. I dislike Ruby (and hated Zara when she was on it)
I think she got quite a lot of hate for it but “Stop spitting on my mink” was iconic.

• Haha
I’m hoping to go to Lidl this week, butternuts are 59p. If I buy the middle and the case it’s basically a packet mix!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.