Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve managed to out do Jack with my Sunday chaos. A car came flying out of a junction and hit my car. So a lady & her husband insisted on taking me to A&E to be checked over.

I’m fine just my back and neck feel a bit sore but the doctor person wouldn’t let me get a taxi home on my own as a precaution I think because I randomly kept bursting into tears.

My dad’s in Liverpool and my brother didn’t answer so I’ve had to ask Mr SSW who I’m currently in the process of getting a divorce from and haven’t spoken to him since May to pick me up.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I’ve managed to out do Jack with my Sunday chaos. A car came flying out of a junction and hit my car. So a lady & her husband insisted on taking me to A&E to be checked over.

I’m fine just my back and neck feel a bit sore but the doctor person wouldn’t let me get a taxi home on my own as a precaution I think because I randomly kept bursting into tears.

My dad’s in Liverpool and my brother didn’t answer so I’ve had to ask Mr SSW who I’m currently in the process of getting a divorce from and haven’t spoken to him since May to pick me up.
Might I suggest a red lipstick if the lady doctors in A&E haven’t already?
Seriously though, hope you are ok x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 17

You will be in shock so the doctor was correct. Crying is normal.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Oh love, I’m so sorry. Where are you tonight & how are you feeling? I hope you’re not alone? x

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Oh lovely, hope you are ok! Totally normal to keep bursting into tears I'd say, you'll be shaken up. Look after yourself, maybe have a hot bath if you can to ease any stiffness? x

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh goodness, take care of yourself. Yes, shock will cause the crying - hot sweet tea will help.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Thank you everyone for being so lovely. I’m ok slightly sore and I feel a bit sleepy. Mr SSW is letting me stay at his tonight so I’m not on my own. Considering we’re not together anymore he’s been really sweet and it’s nice seeing Dobby the cat again.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It's the Shetland influence giving her a beautiful soft fluffy fleece. I'm quite tempted to try and make a rug out of it if it comes off in one piece next year - you can felt the back of a fleece to turn it into a rug. https://www.east-hill-mill.co.uk/how-do-i-make-a-vegetarian-sheepskin-rug/
Thank you everyone for being so lovely. I’m ok slightly sore and I feel a bit sleepy. Mr SSW is letting me stay at his tonight so I’m not on my own. Considering we’re not together anymore he’s been really sweet and it’s nice seeing Dobby the cat again.
Glad you are ok and it is 100% the best thing for you not to be alone. Even if you are not hurt, if you woke in the night feeling off, it would reassure you to have someone else there.

Make sure you have something sweet x

• Heart
Ah that's fab that what could have been a difficult/awkward situation has turned out a positive one! Glad you have someone to keep an eye and make sure you're ok xx

• Heart
Reactions: 14
It’s a level of basic decency that is sadly lacking these days, I’m glad he’s looking after you and you have a catto also seeking attention looking after you

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Hope you are feeling better today - let us know how you are. I think the tears sometimes come along as we have those moments when we realise we have been lucky but have those 'what if' moments too.

I had a situation where I had a house emergency a few months ago and hated the fact that I had to call my ex husband to help. However, he did and we now get on much better, so it will be better for our children in the long term. I know how hard it is to make that phone call though!

• Heart
Sorry to hear about your accident SSW! Glad the doctor made sure you travelled home with someone and that you’re being well looked after, even if by someone you didn’t expect! Enjoy those kitty snuggles (initially tried to write catto there but my brain forbade it)

• Heart
Thank you again beloved Cabal for being so lovely. It feels a bit strange being on here in the afternoon. I’d forgotten how awful daytime tv is.

I’ve stopped randomly bursting into tears so that’s a good thing and other than a sore shoulder I’m just a bit achy kind of feels like I’ve slept at a funny angle.

My car is at the garage and they’ve said it’s fixable so that’s a weight off for me, sounds daft but I was more worried about my car than anything else.

Mr SSW has said I can stay another night so I’m not on my own but I’m not sure. I feel a bit awkward going from I don’t want to be married to you anymore to please can you help me?

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@Shesaidwhat? I can imagine it is really awkward. On the other hand you’re there now so the initial awkward bit is over? It would be good to have someone keeping an eye on you another night but obviously I don’t know the ins and outs of your relationship so if it’s likely to make you feel worse then of course go home. Good news about the car at least that’s something you don’t have to worry about. I’ve binged through Ted Lasso while in self isolation, highly recommend instead of crappy daytime tv!

• Heart
@Shesaidwhat? I can imagine it is really awkward. On the other hand you’re there now so the initial awkward bit is over? It would be good to have someone keeping an eye on you another night but obviously I don’t know the ins and outs of your relationship so if it’s likely to make you feel worse then of course go home. Good news about the car at least that’s something you don’t have to worry about. I’ve binged through Ted Lasso while in self isolation, highly recommend instead of crappy daytime tv!
It sounds awful but the lockdowns really affected our relationship. It made us realise we really weren’t a couple that could spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week together, plus my husband at the time was furloughed so that didn’t help.

We actually separated on good terms and said we’d stay friends but that didn’t last very long. Other people got involved kind of whispering in our ear about the other so to speak so it got quite petty and point scoring so in the end we just stopped speaking.

I’m hoping in a way this will turn a corner for us because I do miss him. I can’t see us getting back together or anything like that but it would be nice to get him back as a friend or even if we can just be in the same room together and get on.

Apologies for my life story and I’ve seen Ted Lasso on the Apple adverts it looked up my street so I might check it out. Thank you.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
It sounds awful but the lockdowns really affected our relationship. It made us realise we really weren’t a couple that could spend 24 hours a day 7 days a week together, plus my husband at the time was furloughed so that didn’t help.

We actually separated on good terms and said we’d stay friends but that didn’t last very long. Other people got involved kind of whispering in our ear about the other so to speak so it got quite petty and point scoring so in the end we just stopped speaking.

I’m hoping in a way this will turn a corner for us because I do miss him. I can’t see us getting back together or anything like that but it would be nice to get him back as a friend or even if we can just be in the same room together and get on.

Apologies for my life story and I’ve seen Ted Lasso on the Apple adverts it looked up my street so I might check it out. Thank you.
In for a penny in for a pound you’ve already gotten over the worst awkward hump of things may as well stay another night to be on the safe side? There’s loads of new stuff on Netflix - actually omg watch the countess and the billionaire, it’s only an hour (and very BBC style which is weirdly comforting?) but 🤯 mental! Has anyone else watched it and what did you think of the countess? I have mixed emotions!

+1 for the thread love, it’s lovely seeing little snippets into everyone’s lives! I’m having a rough day missing 👶🏼 today tbh and not being v productive at work as a result, but what can you do ey!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
In for a penny in for a pound you’ve already gotten over the worst awkward hump of things may as well stay another night to be on the safe side? There’s loads of new stuff on Netflix - actually omg watch the countess and the billionaire, it’s only an hour (and very BBC style which is weirdly comforting?) but 🤯 mental! Has anyone else watched it and what did you think of the countess? I have mixed emotions

+1 for the thread love, it’s lovely seeing little snippets into everyone’s lives! I’m having a rough day missing 👶🏼 today tbh and not being v productive at work as a result, but what can you do ey!
Oh no bless you. Have you got long left to go at work? Am I okay in asking how your little one is doing? It’s weird I feel like I know you all even though I don’t, I enjoy hearing about everyone’s lives.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Sounds like you may end up better off for staying then and having a chat. Shame you had to go through a car crash to get there but at least there may be some positive to it!
I saw the adverts for Ted Lasso and thought the opposite 😂 I assumed it would be mostly about football which I don’t like but someone convinced me to try it and I’m so pleased I did!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.