Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He has texted me some dates that he is in the North West next month and later dates when he is in London so I am trying to book in some work meetings at our London office at the same time. Feels like I have something nice to look forward to.
Yay, excellent news! Looking forward to hearing the updates

Reactions: 12
Me too! I’ve been with Mr NP almost 14 years and we haven’t been out just the two of us since 2018 😩 Absolutely love your date update @Universal. I miss first date excitement!
Well I was with my ex for over 20 years and have had one relationship since that ended at Easter. So, technically this was my second date this century (and my god it was a good one.) You've had more recent experience than me @NP! Hope you get out for a night out together soon,

His texts today have been practical about meeting up next month and then quite sweetly he has just asked how my day was with my two (I had forgotten that I'd told him about an event I was taking them to) and he told about his day with his daughter. Looking back I must have known him since 2011 on and off as that's when I changed jobs to this role which is quite a long time.

Anyway, I am at risk of meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-railing this thread. Anyone else single or dating? I was randomly thinking yesterday after the MT about how dating as gay woman works. I tried a dating app and about 7 men fitted my criteria within 30 miles so how do you find a partner? I know I can ask all the questions here.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’m not dating my ambition is to get a black and white cat. I am too old and too ill, I get on my own nerves at times and even if I wanted to date I’d be worried I’d attract wasters or fetishists who like the idea I’m stuck in.
Saw this and thought of @SweetTransvestite
You think the casual cig is cool, then you realise the coat matches the eyeshadow...
C298B301-8004-4433-AF34-C673EF1C15BE.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I don't date men and have a terrific phobia of clowns but would 100%, absolutely climb this beast like a tree.

On a completely separate note, didn't Pennywise have a run-in with a ickle, smol person in a yellow coat?🎈
Tim has the X factor, some people just have it doesn’t matter if male or female, young or pensionable age (thinking of you, Bowie)
P.s. down here, they’re all slop hahahahahahaha

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Anyone else single or dating? I
like NP and Hotes live vicariously through other people’s dating stories so spill all fraus! Tho ST I’m scared x

When my sister came to stay I wanted to see what men on tinder were like in 2021, they were bland af so I set her age range to 70+ for a bit of variety and ended up being actively scared. I think where she’s early 20s they assume she’s after a financial exchange so have no qualms in saying absolute filth? :/ Surely they’re not saying this stuff to their peers?

• Wow
  • Sick
like NP and Hotes live vicariously through other people’s dating stories so spill all fraus! Tho ST I’m scared x

When my sister came to stay I wanted to see what men on tinder were like in 2021, they were bland af so I set her age range to 70+ for a bit of variety and ended up being actively scared. I think where she’s early 20s they assume she’s after a financial exchange so have no qualms in saying absolute filth? :/ Surely they’re not saying this stuff to their peers?
I dunno, I went to an event once where a guy who was 80 if he was a day was of course getting lots of polite chat from women young enough to be his granddaughter and he was suggesting all sorts, he was there to get laid and he assumed the women were too. He had obviously lied about his age on his profile and blagged his way to the 25-35 singles night

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Fear not dear heart! But some people just are sexy af.
Give me 5mins in a locked room with him, a packet of No7 Radiant Results Revitalising Face Wipes and jobs a good'un👍🏼

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Someone recommended me an app for women looking to meet other women (HER) rather than using Tinder or Bumble, I downloaded it over a year ago and haven't once used it. I fell at the first hurdle of trying to find a nice picture of myself to use as there are no nice pictures of me. My cat has the beauty, I have the brains and brawn. I then got frightened as I've only ever been in relationships with men and didn't know if there were different rules and basically I've overthought it and am now committed to becoming an old maid, living vicariously through other people.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Someone recommended me an app for women looking to meet other women (HER) rather than using Tinder or Bumble, I downloaded it over a year ago and haven't once used it. I fell at the first hurdle of trying to find a nice picture of myself to use as there are no nice pictures of me. My cat has the beauty, I have the brains and brawn. I then got frightened as I've only ever been in relationships with men and didn't know if there were different rules and basically I've overthought it and am now committed to becoming an old maid, living vicariously through other people.
Firstly there will be many beautiful pics of you, but totally understand the cringe at having to pick out stuff like that!! Would it be possible to get someone else to set up your profile for you and then you inherit it with a few matches already banked so you’re over that awful initial cringe period? Or could you ease yourself in by going in cognito so having an empty profile but just scrolling through the people to build confidence in it and/or get an idea of what they put up so you can feel more secure in your pic choices? You’re so funny filling out a profile and chat will be an absolute breeze! It’s such a shame we can’t just come over and get those pics up for you!!

This reminds me of my mission to find my husband’s oldest friend a girlfriend/wife that is so shockingly unsuccessful, the closest I got him to a date he ruined it by suggesting that pitch black restaurant experience that was big a few years back cos it made my friend suspicious she said what is he trying to hide… you’re only eating in the dark he’s not asked you live there together for eternity hun!

• Heart
Am now thinking of Frau pick up lines based on tattle 😅

"Would you like to be a cheeky little duo with me?"

"Are you an unexpected butterfly? Because I can't help but gasp at the sight of you"

(One for the Herrs) "Are you a fox from Southend? I think you'd enjoy chewing on my hosepipe"

"forget Netflix & chill, Rum raisin ice cream and Mulholland drive anyone?"

ETA: I'm tragically single. Can't imagine why 😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Well of course you could always make a picture, thereby having a pic of you that you like AND showing off your skillz

How good are the pics of the ones you’d be interested in? When Idid OLD backin the day I actually had make up and a photo shoot (only with friends!) then I wondered why I bothered, everyone else was just using pics of them at a wedding and men are the worst (man on mountain, man on bike, man with small child) like seriously you want to project something about yourself like just smiling and feeding the cat would sell you much more than trying to look like a newsreader (I realise the cat will not co-operate but that could be funny too)

"Are you an unexpected butterfly? Because I can't help but gasp at the sight of you"

(One for the Herrs) "Are you a fox from Southend? I think you'd enjoy chewing on my hosepipe"

Wanna Harvester Salad Bar and Eastenders with me?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
would sell you much more than trying to look like a newsreader
This is why I hate how people tit on group pics, no group pics are fantastic cos they’re in a real life setting & arguably where you’re the most comfortable and happy?! Who else has a plethora of photos of them being normal as just them? The only solo selfies I have are tracking spots or the time I got shingles so had a face rash/crust.

They should do old school videos again cos it would be so much easier to do than take and pick a static image, surely?

• Heart
You’re so funny filling out a profile and chat will be an absolute breeze!
Just want to echo this, @traumatised sideboard you‘re one of the funniest, most creative, smartest people I “know”.

I‘m glad to be single at the moment, but I love hearing people’s stories here about going on dates, falling in love, I’m a romantic at heart.

Online dating sounds so scary and I admire anyone who’s brave enough to give it a go. I used to love flirting with people in bars but since the pandemic I’m still nervous about being within 6 feet of anyone! 🤣

• Heart
Oh thanks all for responding - the reason I asked is because I am a women who dates men and is surrounded by them in work, social settings, work nights out, conferences etc; I don't meet many men I find attractive let alone single. My mind took to me to wonder how a women who dates women goes about it. Turns out its just as hard, if not harder!

@traumatised sideboard despite the apps being the totally normal and accepted way to meet someone, like you I was horrified at the thought of putting myself out there with the added hurdle of adding a photo. Is there an option on HER to say that you don't know what you are looking for? That way you could possibly just start to get used to chatting with no expectations? Or just be brave and join for 24 hours, posting updates here obv. I genuinely love to see when you have posted on a thread as I know it will be either insightful or funny as duck. Anyone messaging you would be lucky.

@HotesTilaire a cat sounds like a wonderful companion for you right now and I too am toying with the idea as I struggle on my own sometimes when my children are with their dad despite liking my own company.

@Sideboard Bob I too am a romantic so the apps are a nightmare for me, firstly I don't have the time and secondly I cant be arsed with all of the multiple message's etc. The blokes in work laugh that I will never meet anyone in a bar as I am usually the one woman out with about 10 men in suits - like who would approach me - so I don't even get to talk to anyone outside of my team never mind flirt!?

• Heart
I once knew someone who did some analysis work for a dating website, she was single at the time and got quite disheartened as she said that 99% of the women were looking for someone around the same age as them, whereas 99% of the men were looking for someone 10-20 years younger.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
I’m not dating my ambition is to get a black and white cat. I am too old and too ill, I get on my own nerves at times and even if I wanted to date I’d be worried I’d attract wasters or fetishists who like the idea I’m stuck in.
Saw this and thought of @SweetTransvestite
You think the casual cig is cool, then you realise the coat matches the eyeshadow...
View attachment 758046
I am cat sitting a friend’s kitten for a few weeks next week, black and white, will be sure to post photos here!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I once knew someone who did some analysis work for a dating website, she was single at the time and got quite disheartened as she said that 99% of the women were looking for someone around the same age as them, whereas 99% of the men were looking for someone 10-20 years younger.
Which reminds me of this:

A3540DD3-3B76-4BE9-93ED-0351497C7E00.jpeg

• Wow
  • Angry
  • Sad

ETA: I'm tragically single. Can't imagine why 😂😂😂
I haven’t logged in to tinder for ages but I am tempted to just to update ,u profile with these 😂 anyone who got the jokes is basically marriage material 😂( I am a straight woman so maybe unlikely 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Can I recommend THAT MAN’S roast potatoes

We don’t bother doing the day before faff and they are still to die for Honestly now I’m veggie I could happily eat these on their own as my Sunday roast

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.