Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
loved it, also love how this happened via linkedin, how grown up 😂
He is a proper grown up! He is older than I am and is an economist in global supply chains. I am seeing him again next month when he is back from Hong Kong.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Good thank you for asking! We do go out locally to restaurants, baby things and westfields etc but this was the first tube / central thing so really overwhelming. Sound like Jack being miso but it really highlighted the isolation and loss of having been pregnant & becoming a mum during the pandemic, I was hugged by more ppl that night than in the year preceding which is insane if you think about it. Obvs just grateful to be healthy alive and vaccinated so not wallowing but slight emotional hangover nonetheless.

Far more boring than your night sorry, love how the story ends on a cliff hanger 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Good thank you for asking! We do go out locally to restaurants, baby things and westfields etc but this was the first tube / central thing so really overwhelming. Sound like Jack being miso but it really highlighted the isolation and loss of having been pregnant & becoming a mum during the pandemic, I was hugged by more ppl that night than in the year preceding which is insane if you think about it. Obvs just grateful to be healthy alive and vaccinated so not wallowing but slight emotional hangover nonetheless.

Far more boring than your night sorry, love how the story ends on a cliff hanger 😂
I found being at a conference this week emotionally exhausting. So many people! Add into that a new baby and I can imagine its overwhelming and hard to fit back to the social norms. You have few peers becoming a mum during the pandemic. Take it easy today.

No cliff hanger. It was all good. Really good.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
It is a cliff hanger because we have to wait until NEXT MONTH for an update on what happens next!!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
I have bought the cutest thing - a set of 3 Jellycat tomatoes. Unnecessary but I love them (hanging up in my car).

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Random I know but wanted to call @Veronicaaa over to mither about Janey’s latest. There used to be some mithering about her on the Vonny thread, I didn’t want to post on Von though (she’s been very good at staying off the internet lately)
On the one hand I like that she has said she was wrong, it’s all her fault and she apologizes, and I agree with Aunty Nic if people own their mistakes and show they now know better, crack on.
Having said that what Janey wrote was awful and the sort of references in there would make you question her views.

Reactions: 8
Random I know but wanted to call @Veronicaaa over to mither about Janey’s latest. There used to be some mithering about her on the Vonny thread, I didn’t want to post on Von though (she’s been very good at staying off the internet lately)
On the one hand I like that she has said she was wrong, it’s all her fault and she apologizes, and I agree with Aunty Nic if people own their mistakes and show they now know better, crack on.
Having said that what Janey wrote was awful and the sort of references in there would make you question her views.
I didn’t see what she had written but just saw that she’d taken a Twitter break and apologised.

I noticed that Nicky Campbell dropped a podcast yesterday with her and him talking about dogs. Not the greatest timing.

Reactions: 6
Frank, get the door...

Fair play to her for owning it, but like you said, it shouldn't have been written in the first place. And she's led a few Twitter pile-ons in her time.

I have known him for years in a professional capacity, he was always far more senior than me, but then he moved into a very specific sector of the industry so I didn't have any contact for the past few years. I knew nothing about him (he is very professional and private) other than I thought that he was really clever, funny and sexy when he got a bit angry in meetings. Anyway, a mutual friend saw him earlier this year and they were having chat and he said to the friend to say hello to me. I didn't think any more of it.

He contacted me on LinkedIn in July to say hello and I didn't see the message until 6 weeks later as I never use that site. We exchanged numbers as he said he was working in the North West sometimes and it would be good to meet up. We exchanged a few more texts which were about work stuff but quite chatty.

So, he was speaking at an event in the neighbouring city yesterday ( 🔺 me) and asked if I was going as well to arrange to meet for coffee. I was but the timings didn't work; I was like all casual 'oh see you next time'. He surprised me by saying that instead of staying in the city where the conference was he would travel to my city for dinner and a catch up. Asked me to book somewhere of my choice for last night, his treat. It was only when I was getting ready I realised that coffee at a conference was a different prospect than dinner and drinks. I just assumed it would be another dinner on his expense account.

So he turned up and seemed quite nervous and we had a lovely meal and drinks. He told me he was divorced and I think our mutual friend must have told him I was too. Again, nothing flirty. But when we walked out of the restaurant he done that thing where he guided me around the tables to the door with his hand on my back. It was still early so we had another drink where he was more open and we had a great time.

Turns out he was staying at the poshest hotel in the city and I said 'oh I hear that's a beautiful place' and he asked me if I wanted to have a drink in the bar. I agreed, but we didn't go the bar...
I love this

Hope you enjoyed London @heretoreaditall2019

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She finally has her own thread!

ETA (hope that’s ok to share here, if not I’ll happily delete it!)

• Wow
She finally has her own thread!

ETA (hope that’s ok to share here, if not I’ll happily delete it!)
Oh thanks Sidey B I didn’t realize

Reactions: 4
He has texted me some dates that he is in the North West next month and later dates when he is in London so I am trying to book in some work meetings at our London office at the same time. Feels like I have something nice to look forward to.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
He has texted me some dates that he is in the North West next month and later dates when he is in London so I am trying to book in some work meetings at our London office at the same time. Feels like I have something nice to look forward to.
yay exciting! I am looking forward to living vicariously !

• Heart
Reactions: 11
yay exciting! I am looking forward to living vicariously !
Me too! I’ve been with Mr NP almost 14 years and we haven’t been out just the two of us since 2018 😩 Absolutely love your date update @Universal. I miss first date excitement!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.